02 May

Charming Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

There’s something so warm and inviting about this darling FARMHOUSE BRUNCH Baby Shower styled by Trish from Frilly Milly Events! And with a menu offering up creative treats like tiny cups of syrup topped with french toast triangles, maple bacon skewers, donut hole “trees”, heath bar coffee cake, and more – better add “mouth watering” to the list of party adjectives too!

I actually don’t think there’s a more fitting way to describe this lovely celebration than in Trish’s own words: “…a “farmhouse brunch” full of the goodness of a hearty brunch like your grandmother would make, but with the dainty-ness that honors the birth of a tiny baby girl.”

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Read on for more yummy images and all the party details…

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Trish…

“When I was approached by a friend to style a baby shower she was hosting, they had already established that it was going to be a brunch due to the mother-to-be’s love for breakfast.

From there I began to brainstorm and decided to incorporate vintage items (milkglass cake plates, old tool chest drawers, “milk bottles”, etc.) and turn it into a “farmhouse brunch” full of the goodness of a hearty brunch like your grandmother would make, but with the dainty-ness that honors the birth of a tiny baby girl.

The DECORATIONS started with a base of all white (inspired by old milkglass), accented with soft pastels of pink, butter yellow and green.  I found an old wooden mirror outside a salvage store for $25 and turned it into a white chalkboard.  I debated on listing the menu on the chalkboard, but that seemed too predictable, so we started going through old nursery rhymes as an option.  When it came down to it – everyone agreed that the saying we used was one that touched every mother’s heart…so we went with that.

The MENU included tiny syrup-filled glasses topped with french toast triangles, maple glazed bacon skewers, assorted mini quiche, frozen fruit cups, “chummies” (hand-dipped decorated oreos), buttermilk biscuits with homemade preserves, my grandmother’s famous heath bar coffee cake, donut hole trees (the mom-to-be loves donut holes) and “milk bottles” filled with milk & oj. The tiny chalkboards that label each item were one of my favorite aspects of the party.”

– Party Design & Styling: Frilly Milly Events
– Photography: Lauren Blair Photography

Erika SAYS:

Reply May 7, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Elaine SAYS:

I love all the ideas and i would like know where you got the stripe and pink straws.

Reply May 8, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Fifthroom Living SAYS:

This is adorable! I love the french toast serving idea!

Reply May 9, 2011 at 6:55 am

Erin SAYS:

I love this shower! I am currently planning a twins shower… This is great inspiration! I would love to know where you got those tiny metal spoons…. Thanks for sharing these great photos of your shower!

Reply May 10, 2011 at 4:30 am

Tamara SAYS:

LOVE it! It has definatly inspired me. Just wondering….did you have tables with place settings for everyone to sit and eat at? Logistically I am trying to figure out if I need to rent some tables for my upcoming shower!

Thanks in advance

Reply May 11, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Pamela SAYS:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!! I thought it was catered!!! I SO want to do this now!!! And of course, copy everything. Before I read your article, I was wondering what Chummies were…never heard of them! But how did you decorate them? Is that the edible paper or some such thing? I would so love to know how to do them, in case you have tutorial somewhere. Thanks for so graciously sharing the beautiful pics and info, as well as the how.

Reply May 11, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Tamara SAYS:

Do you think it would be “weird” to serve mimosa’s in the milk jars? I was thinking OJ in one and Mimosa’s in the other. Thoughts?

Reply May 13, 2011 at 11:32 am

Marcie SAYS:

What a clever and fresh new idea for a brunch idea! I am going to host a baby shower soon – love the tiny chalkboards and milk glasses – Ingenius

Reply May 19, 2011 at 1:43 pm

paula SAYS:

love the farmhouse brunch.

Reply June 21, 2011 at 11:40 am

Megan SAYS:

All the details are so great! Do you know what kind of cups you used for the french toast and fruit? They almost look like shot glass size? Thank you!

Reply June 21, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Ana Torres SAYS:

Love this idea! I want to do it for my sister, was wondering how I can order the chummies. Also, where did you find the background material. Thanks so much.

Reply July 5, 2011 at 11:16 am

Tammy Soth SAYS:

Where do you find the milk bottles? I have been trying to find them in bulk?

Reply July 24, 2011 at 7:02 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Tammy –
The “milk bottles” are actually Starbucks frappuccino bottles and the cheapest way to get them in bulk is to actually buy cases of the drink at Costco. It’s about $17/case of 12 at Costco. You’ll need to drink or pour out the actual drink, then soak the labels off. The cost is actually cheaper this way than what you’d pay for plain bottles though. :)

July 25, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Alisha SAYS:

This is simply fabulous. Thank you for sharing. Any ideas on favors to match the theme?

Reply August 22, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Jess Tipton SAYS:

My SIL is having a baby and I am using this theme! What a cute idea!!! Well done on shower.

Reply August 29, 2011 at 5:11 am

Samantha SAYS:

I LOVE this idea! Did you do anything to keep the juice and milk cold?

Reply October 5, 2011 at 1:47 pm