Charming Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

There’s something so warm and inviting about this darling FARMHOUSE BRUNCH Baby Shower styled by Trish from Frilly Milly Events! And with a menu offering up creative treats like tiny cups of syrup topped with french toast triangles, maple bacon skewers, donut hole “trees”, heath bar coffee cake, and more – better add “mouth watering” to the list of party adjectives too!

I actually don’t think there’s a more fitting way to describe this lovely celebration than in Trish’s own words: “…a “farmhouse brunch” full of the goodness of a hearty brunch like your grandmother would make, but with the dainty-ness that honors the birth of a tiny baby girl.”

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Read on for more yummy images and all the party details…

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Trish…

“When I was approached by a friend to style a baby shower she was hosting, they had already established that it was going to be a brunch due to the mother-to-be’s love for breakfast.

From there I began to brainstorm and decided to incorporate vintage items (milkglass cake plates, old tool chest drawers, “milk bottles”, etc.) and turn it into a “farmhouse brunch” full of the goodness of a hearty brunch like your grandmother would make, but with the dainty-ness that honors the birth of a tiny baby girl.

The DECORATIONS started with a base of all white (inspired by old milkglass), accented with soft pastels of pink, butter yellow and green.  I found an old wooden mirror outside a salvage store for $25 and turned it into a white chalkboard.  I debated on listing the menu on the chalkboard, but that seemed too predictable, so we started going through old nursery rhymes as an option.  When it came down to it – everyone agreed that the saying we used was one that touched every mother’s heart…so we went with that.

The MENU included tiny syrup-filled glasses topped with french toast triangles, maple glazed bacon skewers, assorted mini quiche, frozen fruit cups, “chummies” (hand-dipped decorated oreos), buttermilk biscuits with homemade preserves, my grandmother’s famous heath bar coffee cake, donut hole trees (the mom-to-be loves donut holes) and “milk bottles” filled with milk & oj. The tiny chalkboards that label each item were one of my favorite aspects of the party.”

– Party Design & Styling: Frilly Milly Events
– Photography: Lauren Blair Photography

96 responses to “Charming Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower”

1. Pamela says:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!! I thought it was catered!!! I SO want to do this now!!! And of course, copy everything. Before I read your article, I was wondering what Chummies were…never heard of them! But how did you decorate them? Is that the edible paper or some such thing? I would so love to know how to do them, in case you have tutorial somewhere. Thanks for so graciously sharing the beautiful pics and info, as well as the how.

2. Tamara says:

Do you think it would be “weird” to serve mimosa’s in the milk jars? I was thinking OJ in one and Mimosa’s in the other. Thoughts?

3. Marcie says:

What a clever and fresh new idea for a brunch idea! I am going to host a baby shower soon – love the tiny chalkboards and milk glasses – Ingenius

4. paula says:

love the farmhouse brunch.

5. Megan says:

All the details are so great! Do you know what kind of cups you used for the french toast and fruit? They almost look like shot glass size? Thank you!

6. Ana Torres says:

Love this idea! I want to do it for my sister, was wondering how I can order the chummies. Also, where did you find the background material. Thanks so much.

7. Tammy Soth says:

Where do you find the milk bottles? I have been trying to find them in bulk?

8. Alisha says:

This is simply fabulous. Thank you for sharing. Any ideas on favors to match the theme?

9. Jess Tipton says:

My SIL is having a baby and I am using this theme! What a cute idea!!! Well done on shower.

10. Samantha says:

I LOVE this idea! Did you do anything to keep the juice and milk cold?

11. Sharon Carroll says:

Love this idea. Giving a shower on October 15 and we are going to use this theme. We are wondering where you got the metal spoons, the straws and the material. We have been to several places looking for these items but to no avail. Your help will be much appreciated. Thank you

12. jamie lynn says:

awesome! im acutally going to do a Breakfast in Pajamas Birthday for my to be 11yr old daughter… this is PERFECT!!! Did you just cook the bacon on the actual scewer?

13. Heather says:

Beautiful shower! I found your blog via Pinterest & I featured a Pinterest inspired baby shower on my blog today. Many of the inspiration pins were taken from your post! :)

14. Linda says:

Have looked and looked for cute straws to put in my old baby juice bottles to serve punch in. Where did you find them? I’ve Googled and cannot find any. The ones you use are too darling!

15. Andrea says:

Where did you get the tiny chalkboards, or how did you make them? So cute.

16. Incredible. So girly. Love it.

17. ampi says:

Hi I thought I share this picture with you. This was my dessert table this year, got the idea from your peppermint twist picture.
    thank you so much, it was a big hit!

18. Morgan says:

What size styrofoam cones were used? Approximately how many donut holes were used for each tree?

19. Angela says:

I came across your site looking for ideas for a brunch baby shower. I love all your decor and food!!! Any suggestion on how to make it more organic? Thanks!

20. Carolyn says:

Every detail is sooo adorable! I am basically stealing all of your ideas for my sister’s upcoming baby shower. I was wondering where you purchased the cute straws.