Charming Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

There’s something so warm and inviting about this darling FARMHOUSE BRUNCH Baby Shower styled by Trish from Frilly Milly Events! And with a menu offering up creative treats like tiny cups of syrup topped with french toast triangles, maple bacon skewers, donut hole “trees”, heath bar coffee cake, and more – better add “mouth watering” to the list of party adjectives too!

I actually don’t think there’s a more fitting way to describe this lovely celebration than in Trish’s own words: “…a “farmhouse brunch” full of the goodness of a hearty brunch like your grandmother would make, but with the dainty-ness that honors the birth of a tiny baby girl.”

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Read on for more yummy images and all the party details…

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Trish…

The INSPIRATION
“When I was approached by a friend to style a baby shower she was hosting, they had already established that it was going to be a brunch due to the mother-to-be’s love for breakfast.

From there I began to brainstorm and decided to incorporate vintage items (milkglass cake plates, old tool chest drawers, “milk bottles”, etc.) and turn it into a “farmhouse brunch” full of the goodness of a hearty brunch like your grandmother would make, but with the dainty-ness that honors the birth of a tiny baby girl.

The DECORATIONS started with a base of all white (inspired by old milkglass), accented with soft pastels of pink, butter yellow and green.  I found an old wooden mirror outside a salvage store for $25 and turned it into a white chalkboard.  I debated on listing the menu on the chalkboard, but that seemed too predictable, so we started going through old nursery rhymes as an option.  When it came down to it – everyone agreed that the saying we used was one that touched every mother’s heart…so we went with that.

The MENU included tiny syrup-filled glasses topped with french toast triangles, maple glazed bacon skewers, assorted mini quiche, frozen fruit cups, “chummies” (hand-dipped decorated oreos), buttermilk biscuits with homemade preserves, my grandmother’s famous heath bar coffee cake, donut hole trees (the mom-to-be loves donut holes) and “milk bottles” filled with milk & oj. The tiny chalkboards that label each item were one of my favorite aspects of the party.”

VENDOR CREDITS:
– Party Design & Styling: Frilly Milly Events
– Photography: Lauren Blair Photography

96 responses to “Charming Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower”

1. karla graczyk says:

i absolutely LOVE your site!

2. Madisen says:

So cute! I am getting ready to do a Barbie tea party and was wondering where you got the little mini cups for the fruit and the frenchtoast?

3. madisensandoval says:

Awesome and so simple and cute, going to use this theme for my daughters Barbie birthday coming up! Just wondering where you found the little cups for the fruit and frenchtoast!

4. Karen says:

How do you make the bacon on a skewer? Would be wonderful to add to my menu on March 11, 2012. Can you help?

Just love the who idea, from menu to presentation…outstanding, cute, very professional looking, and sweet

5. michele says:

i just have a question about how do you keep everything warm that needs to stay warm?

6. michele says:

PS: It’s beautiful and I would love to try this idea… but still at a loss as to how to keep it warm for guests!

7. Arielle says:

Hello,

I love this idea. I am throwing a baby shower for my aunt. She is having a little boy. I was wondering where you found the straws and glass bottles. I have looked all over for the straws and havent had any luck :( Can you help?

• jenn s. says:

Hi Arielle –
      Those bottles are actually store-bought Starbucks Frappuccino bottles with the labels peeled off :) You can buy them in 4-packs at most grocery stores, Target, or Walmart – and Costco has them in packs of 20 I think. The straws can be found at http://shopsweetlulu.com/category/Stripey-Straws/c1 – and other places if you google “stripey straws”. Hope that helps!

8. Susie says:

This is the cutest shower I have ever seen. Cute and sophisticated. I have 2 questions. Where did you get the milk bottles and are you going to share the recipe for the health bar coffee cake? Hope so….

9. meredithreinford says:

where did you get the pink and white straws, as well as the old milk bottles?!

10. Taylor Zak says:

hey, I love all the decorations!! I was wondering, where did you find all the antique looking milk bottles, I can’t find them anywhere

11. Taylor Zak says:

oh never mind, I saw where you commented already on someone’s same question

12. Not an idea here I didn't absolutely LOVE!

13. Beautiful website!…perfectly presented!…Thank you so much!

14. I am in awe of this all and so excited to attempt my first ever shower I am hosting! what recipe did you use for the french toast? and how did you cook the bacon? I have a small house and am afraid it'll smell like bacon!

15. and where did you find the straws?

16. Amanda says:

Where did you get the mini chalk boards from?

17. Sarah says:

LOVE this idea! With the help of my S.I.L we will be using this theme to throw a baby shower for our other S.I.L. Can you tell me how you cooked the bacon… and how all food was kept warm! Thank you!

18. exquisito todo, muy buen gusto!

19. Lori Squires says:

How did you make the little decorations on the chummies.

20. christinejob says:

I love your Blog just curious would you mind sharing what recipe used for the french toast? I really wanted to make an overnight French Toast and ideas?

21. Amy says:

I love this theme idea. However I was trying to think of a way to keep the hot foods hot, while still giving a awesome presentation. Only due to the fact that my shower would be hosting a large amount of guests…..hmm.

This is a wonderful idea that is far from the old paper plated dollar tree decorations…..NOT at all what I would like to have. LOVE IT ALL !!!!!!

22. Jamie says:

I LOVE all of this! I was wondering the recipe you used for the french toast. Did id stay warm? Was it ok cool? I am planning this brunch for about 20 people. Thanks for the amazing ideas!

23. Corinne Mongelli says:

WHERE did you get those adorable little chalk boards?

24. Tanya says:

I love everything!

25. Pat says:

Help! I’m throwing a baby shower and would love to serve the French Toast Triangles. Is there a particular recipe you used? How did you keep them warm before and during serving (or are they served room temp?)
    Thank you for any help you can give!

26. Nicole Swackhamer says:

I love this so much. I would really like to re create it for my shower. Where did you get the supplies.. Please post some info would love to have something similar.

27. This is the coolest brunch. Stealing every idea for the brunch we are throwing soon. Thank you!!!!!!!!

28. Retta says:

Where did you find the mini chalkboards…love them

29. Susan Hines says:

Hi, how did you do the fruit cups?

30. Heather says:

This all looks so wonderful! Any ideas about where I can find the mini spoons that are used with the fruit cup? Thank you for these great ideas!

31. Mary says:

How did you keep the french toast even slightly warm when you served it this way? Or didn’t it matter to you? Also, what size plastice cups are those? They look smaller than usual. LOVED all of your ideas!!

32. Susan Hines says:

Wish me luck, I’m throwing a shower for my daughter-in-law when she and my son come back for a “shower” weekend. I’m using the chalkboard idea and the donut tree idea! Thanks so much!

33. Stephanie S. says:

Where did you get those little cups? I love this idea! I’m going to “attempt” I hope I get it right!

34. Hayley Adams says:

How did you make the French toast cups? Do you have a recipe?

35. Where do I get the recipes? I love your presentation!!

36. Kallioon says:

Do you have the recipes listed somewhere for the maple bacon appetizer and the quiche as well. They look so good!

37. Mimi says:

Absolutely love this!! Where did u find the tiered desert stand?

38. Riki says:

I love all the details! Beautiful set up. I am wondering though – were all of the items served at room temperature? Or did you set them out at the very last minute so the food would be warm? This looks so much nicer than having food on warming trays but I’m not sure it would taste as good. I’d love to know how you handled that. Thanks!

39. Rachel says:

I love the single serving of french toast and syrup in a cup! What size cup did you use? I’m planning a baby shower and would love to try to pull this off.