02 May

Charming Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Charming Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

There’s something so warm and inviting about this darling FARMHOUSE BRUNCH Baby Shower styled by Trish from Frilly Milly Events! And with a menu offering up creative treats like tiny cups of syrup topped with french toast triangles, maple bacon skewers, donut hole “trees”, heath bar coffee cake, and more – better add “mouth watering” to the list of party adjectives too!

I actually don’t think there’s a more fitting way to describe this lovely celebration than in Trish’s own words: “…a “farmhouse brunch” full of the goodness of a hearty brunch like your grandmother would make, but with the dainty-ness that honors the birth of a tiny baby girl.”

Charming Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Read on for more yummy images and all the party details…

Charming Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Charming Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Charming Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Charming Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Trish…

The INSPIRATION
“When I was approached by a friend to style a baby shower she was hosting, they had already established that it was going to be a brunch due to the mother-to-be’s love for breakfast.

From there I began to brainstorm and decided to incorporate vintage items (milkglass cake plates, old tool chest drawers, “milk bottles”, etc.) and turn it into a “farmhouse brunch” full of the goodness of a hearty brunch like your grandmother would make, but with the dainty-ness that honors the birth of a tiny baby girl.

The DECORATIONS started with a base of all white (inspired by old milkglass), accented with soft pastels of pink, butter yellow and green.  I found an old wooden mirror outside a salvage store for $25 and turned it into a white chalkboard.  I debated on listing the menu on the chalkboard, but that seemed too predictable, so we started going through old nursery rhymes as an option.  When it came down to it – everyone agreed that the saying we used was one that touched every mother’s heart…so we went with that.

The MENU included tiny syrup-filled glasses topped with french toast triangles, maple glazed bacon skewers, assorted mini quiche, frozen fruit cups, “chummies” (hand-dipped decorated oreos), buttermilk biscuits with homemade preserves, my grandmother’s famous heath bar coffee cake, donut hole trees (the mom-to-be loves donut holes) and “milk bottles” filled with milk & oj. The tiny chalkboards that label each item were one of my favorite aspects of the party.”

VENDOR CREDITS:
– Party Design & Styling: Frilly Milly Events
– Photography: Lauren Blair Photography

93Comments

brooke schaefer SAYS:

SMART!!! The french toast is such a cute idea. Love the whole thing.

Reply May 3, 2011 at 3:14 am

jolie russ SAYS:

This is hands down my favorite post yet….and I’ve been obsessed with many. I’m a HUGE fan of brunch and this would have been my personal heaven of a shower. I will SO be using this one and thank you so much for sharing all of this amazing creativity! xo

Reply May 3, 2011 at 4:23 am

Amy {Blowout Party!} SAYS:

Love those little chalkboard signs!

Reply May 3, 2011 at 5:44 am

ampi SAYS:

Just love all of your ideas!!!!! I am making this Friday a night with the girls at home.And I’ll be using your coffee and dessert idea.

Reply May 3, 2011 at 6:33 am

Cher@NR SAYS:

I would love to know how you did the trees. Was it just a cone and toothpics to insert the donuts? Loved it!

Reply May 3, 2011 at 8:00 am

Trish (Frilly Milly Events) SAYS:

Hi Cher@NR! The trees are just white styrofoam cones that I purchased at my local craft store – and then yes, toothpicks and donut holes. I actually did a test run before the party…that way the toothpicks were already in the correct spot (and marked according to color) so that we could quickly assemble them with fresh donut holes the day-of!

May 6, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Etta SAYS:

I LOOOOVE this!! Everything is beautiful and looks so yummy!!!

Reply May 3, 2011 at 9:02 am

Amy@fun baby shower ideas and more SAYS:

Love these brunch ideas! I like how everything is in individual sized servings, gives the table a great presentation and makes it easy to serve too.

Love the donut hole trees and the little chalkboards too. I would love to know where to get those mini chalkboards. Anyone know?

Reply May 3, 2011 at 9:34 am

Trish (Frilly Milly Events) SAYS:

Hi Amy! Thank you for your kind words! I purchased the miniature chalk boards at my local Joann’s store!

May 6, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Mindy SAYS:

french toast shooters? brilliant!

Reply May 3, 2011 at 10:01 am

Brett SAYS:

So girly and sweetly beautiful! Love the vintage milk bottles for the drinks – great touch! Thanks for sharing!~Brett charmedlifediva.blogspot.com

Reply May 3, 2011 at 11:54 am

Danielle SAYS:

This is so creative…fabulous! Love all the mini food ideas!

Reply May 3, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Loralee Lewis SAYS:

I just adore those doughnut hole “trees” with the off-color spiral. Marvelous, and made me immediately begin to puzzle how they did it so well. Thank you for sharing! -LL

Reply May 3, 2011 at 9:02 pm

washington dc club SAYS:

Looks like a party to me i love it.

Reply May 4, 2011 at 3:43 am

Lora Schultze SAYS:

Way to go, Trish! Every picture is just as beautiful and creative as its designer! Makes me want to hostess a baby shower!

Reply May 4, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Alexandra SAYS:

First off… BRUNCH IS MY FAV!
I love every single detail of this shower!
The french toast are genius and I am so in love with the chummies! Too pretty to even want to eat! Great job!

Reply May 4, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Noella SAYS:

Wow, such a cute idea and the table is goorgesss!! I’m planning my friend a baby shower and this has definitely inspired me! I love the milk bottle idea, I would love to do the same but can’t seem to find them anywhere, do you know where I can find the milk bottles?

Reply May 5, 2011 at 3:17 am

Trish (Frilly Milly Events) SAYS:

Hi Noella! Thanks for the compliments! The milk bottles are just starbucks frappuccino bottles that you buy at your local grocery with the labels removed!

May 6, 2011 at 6:09 pm