HWTM > Party Inspiration > Baby Showers > Baby Girl > Charming Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Charming Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Quick Jump To » Vendor Credits | Comments

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

There’s something so warm and inviting about this darling FARMHOUSE BRUNCH Baby Shower styled by Trish from Frilly Milly Events! And with a menu offering up creative treats like tiny cups of syrup topped with french toast triangles, maple bacon skewers, donut hole “trees”, heath bar coffee cake, and more – better add “mouth watering” to the list of party adjectives too!

I actually don’t think there’s a more fitting way to describe this lovely celebration than in Trish’s own words: “…a “farmhouse brunch” full of the goodness of a hearty brunch like your grandmother would make, but with the dainty-ness that honors the birth of a tiny baby girl.”

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Read on for more yummy images and all the party details…

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

Farmhouse Brunch Baby Shower

rainbow-dotted-divider-2

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Trish…

The INSPIRATION
“When I was approached by a friend to style a baby shower she was hosting, they had already established that it was going to be a brunch due to the mother-to-be’s love for breakfast.

From there I began to brainstorm and decided to incorporate vintage items (milkglass cake plates, old tool chest drawers, “milk bottles”, etc.) and turn it into a “farmhouse brunch” full of the goodness of a hearty brunch like your grandmother would make, but with the dainty-ness that honors the birth of a tiny baby girl.

The DECORATIONS
started with a base of all white (inspired by old milkglass), accented with soft pastels of pink, butter yellow and green.  I found an old wooden mirror outside a salvage store for $25 and turned it into a white chalkboard.  I debated on listing the menu on the chalkboard, but that seemed too predictable, so we started going through old nursery rhymes as an option.  When it came down to it – everyone agreed that the saying we used was one that touched every mother’s heart…so we went with that.

The MENU
included tiny syrup-filled glasses topped with french toast triangles, maple glazed bacon skewers, assorted mini quiche, frozen fruit cups, “chummies” (hand-dipped decorated oreos), buttermilk biscuits with homemade preserves, my grandmother’s famous heath bar coffee cake, donut hole trees (the mom-to-be loves donut holes) and “milk bottles” filled with milk & oj. The tiny chalkboards that label each item were one of my favorite aspects of the party.”

Vendor Credit
  • Party Design & Styling: Frilly Milly Events
  • Photography: Lauren Blair Photography
By | 2017-01-26T10:22:25+00:00 May 2nd, 2011|Baby Girl, Baby Showers|96 Comments

About the Author:

JENNIFER SBRANTI is the Founder and Creative Director of Hostess with the Mostess®, a hip and modern party planning resource. HWTM brings creative entertaining ideas to light through an inspirational “how-to” website and popular daily blog. Having hosted countless celebrations herself, ranging from special occasion showers and everyday get-togethers to large events, Sbranti now shares her contemporary style and no-fuss approach to entertaining with others. Her ideas have been featured in media outlets such as People, InStyle Weddings, Life&Style, Real Simple, and Extra! TV, and she is a featured contributor for several well-respected online communities, including iVillage.com and BHG.com. Sbranti resides in San Diego with her husband {and business partner} Sonny and their sweet 1-year old daughter, Macy.

96 Comments

1. brooke schaefer May 3, 2011 at 3:14 am

SMART!!! The french toast is such a cute idea. Love the whole thing.

2. jolie russ May 3, 2011 at 4:23 am

This is hands down my favorite post yet….and I’ve been obsessed with many. I’m a HUGE fan of brunch and this would have been my personal heaven of a shower. I will SO be using this one and thank you so much for sharing all of this amazing creativity! xo

3. Amy {Blowout Party!} May 3, 2011 at 5:44 am

Love those little chalkboard signs!

4. ampi May 3, 2011 at 6:33 am

Just love all of your ideas!!!!! I am making this Friday a night with the girls at home.And I’ll be using your coffee and dessert idea.

5. Cher@NR May 3, 2011 at 8:00 am

I would love to know how you did the trees. Was it just a cone and toothpics to insert the donuts? Loved it!

• Trish (Frilly Milly Events) May 6, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Hi Cher@NR! The trees are just white styrofoam cones that I purchased at my local craft store – and then yes, toothpicks and donut holes. I actually did a test run before the party…that way the toothpicks were already in the correct spot (and marked according to color) so that we could quickly assemble them with fresh donut holes the day-of!

6. Etta May 3, 2011 at 9:02 am

I LOOOOVE this!! Everything is beautiful and looks so yummy!!!

7. Amy@fun baby shower ideas and more May 3, 2011 at 9:34 am

Love these brunch ideas! I like how everything is in individual sized servings, gives the table a great presentation and makes it easy to serve too.

Love the donut hole trees and the little chalkboards too. I would love to know where to get those mini chalkboards. Anyone know?

• Trish (Frilly Milly Events) May 6, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Hi Amy! Thank you for your kind words! I purchased the miniature chalk boards at my local Joann’s store!

8. Mindy May 3, 2011 at 10:01 am

french toast shooters? brilliant!

9. Brett May 3, 2011 at 11:54 am

So girly and sweetly beautiful! Love the vintage milk bottles for the drinks – great touch! Thanks for sharing!~Brett charmedlifediva.blogspot.com

10. Danielle May 3, 2011 at 5:15 pm

This is so creative…fabulous! Love all the mini food ideas!

11. Loralee Lewis May 3, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I just adore those doughnut hole “trees” with the off-color spiral. Marvelous, and made me immediately begin to puzzle how they did it so well. Thank you for sharing! -LL

12. washington dc club May 4, 2011 at 3:43 am

Looks like a party to me i love it.

13. Lora Schultze May 4, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Way to go, Trish! Every picture is just as beautiful and creative as its designer! Makes me want to hostess a baby shower!

14. Alexandra May 4, 2011 at 4:08 pm

First off… BRUNCH IS MY FAV!
    I love every single detail of this shower!
    The french toast are genius and I am so in love with the chummies! Too pretty to even want to eat! Great job!

15. Noella May 5, 2011 at 3:17 am

Wow, such a cute idea and the table is goorgesss!! I’m planning my friend a baby shower and this has definitely inspired me! I love the milk bottle idea, I would love to do the same but can’t seem to find them anywhere, do you know where I can find the milk bottles?

• Trish (Frilly Milly Events) May 6, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Hi Noella! Thanks for the compliments! The milk bottles are just starbucks frappuccino bottles that you buy at your local grocery with the labels removed!

16. Erika May 7, 2011 at 6:12 pm

ADORABLE!!!

17. Elaine May 8, 2011 at 1:48 pm

I love all the ideas and i would like know where you got the stripe and pink straws.

18. Fifthroom Living May 9, 2011 at 6:55 am

This is adorable! I love the french toast serving idea!

19. Erin May 10, 2011 at 4:30 am

I love this shower! I am currently planning a twins shower… This is great inspiration! I would love to know where you got those tiny metal spoons…. Thanks for sharing these great photos of your shower!

20. Tamara May 11, 2011 at 12:26 pm

LOVE it! It has definatly inspired me. Just wondering….did you have tables with place settings for everyone to sit and eat at? Logistically I am trying to figure out if I need to rent some tables for my upcoming shower!

Thanks in advance