What’s black, white, and red all over? This incredibly creative Crossword Theme Dessert Table, styled by Sarah, of Dreamers Joy Events & Design. Sarah did an awesome job playing on words to incorporate the crossword element and tie the theme together with “What’s black, white, and READ all over.” Very clever!
I’m loving how simple & smart this party concept is – from the classic color palette to the creative crossword puzzle elements and the use of recycled newspaper. This theme would be such a creative theme for family game nights, milestone birthdays, and more!
Read on for more fun photos & all the party details…
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Sarah…
“The crossword puzzle idea came to me as I was brainstorming party themes which I had not seen (at least not lately) and wanted to bring to life.
I immediately fell in love with the idea of using the words “Happy Birthday” within a crossword puzzle. I contacted my friend, Christian, of Diseno Lopez who understood my vision. She designed the awesome crossword puzzle poster.
I decided to keep it simple by using the colors Black, White and Red and incorporated the newspaper bottles. Later, I contacted Jennifer, of The Hudson Cakery to collaborate and she immediately loved the idea. She suggested the newspaper riddle “What’s black, white and read all over?” which helped tie the theme together. Jennifer created the fabulous Crossword Puzzle cake, the mini donuts, square cookies, white chocolate covered puzzles and cake pops. All the desserts were delicious!
The matching crossword puzzle party printables were designed by Marian, of Life on Paper Co. The pictures were all captured by Bryan Noss Photographer. I believe this theme would be great for someone celebrating an awesome milestone birthday.”
- Design Concept & Styling, Crossword Newspaper Bottles, & Yogurt Parafaits: Dreamers Joy Events & Design
- Crossword Puzzle Cake, Cookies, Brownies, Donuts, Cupcakes, Dipped Pretzel Sticks, Oreo Stacked Cake, & Cake Pops: The Hudson Cakery
- Crossword Puzzle Party Printables: Life On Paper Co.
- Photography: Bryan Noss Photography
- Crossword Puzzel “Happy Birthday” Poster: Christian Lopez-Disneo Lopez
- Backdrop & Table Fabric: Jo-Ann Fabrics
- Frames: Christmas Tree Shops
- Round Serving Platter (Oreo Cookie Stand): Target
- Clear Tubes (Donuts inside): Amazing Savings
- White To-Go Cups: Think Garnish
- Red Round Stands (It’s actually a small red bowl and red coaster on top): West Elm
- Cake Stands (by Martha Stewart): Macy’s