“Green Army Men” Themed Birthday Party

Army Themed Birthday Party

Military-inspired themes are always popular for birthday boys, and Stephanie from Stephanie J Designs did such a great job bringing her son’s “GREEN ARMY MEN” birthday party to life in a fresh and super STYLISH way!

If you check out the cool {and modern} invitation design below, I think it will be immediately apparent that Stephanie has some serious design skills! And then of course there are the fantastic handmade labels featuring paper star medallions, adorable camo canteens that the invites were stuffed in {personalized with little “dog tags” of course!}, “atomic sugar cookies” iced with metallic gold stars, creative cake pop “grenades“, etc… and I think the ridiculously cool Jeep cake pretty much speaks for itself! {Love the DIY cake stand it’s featured on too!}

Army Themed Birthday Party

Read on for lots more fun images + all the creative party details…

Army Themed Birthday Party

Army Themed Birthday Party

Army Themed Birthday Party

Army Themed Birthday Party

Army Themed Birthday Party

Army Themed Birthday Party

Army Themed Birthday Party

Army Themed Birthday Party

Army Themed Birthday Party

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Stephanie

“My super-cute son Wyatt recently celebrated his 6th birthday bash and it was all about the green. Green Army Men that is!!

All the fun started with the invitation. I stuffed little camo canteens with simple “draft notices” that gave all the party particulars. Finished off the canteens with a handwritten little dog tag … complete with each guest’s name. Wyatt and I hand delivered each of the canteen invitations to the party guests – the boys really enjoyed the personally delivery.

Wyatt is forever talking about growing up to be an “army man and plays with his bucket of green army men all the time … so his party theme was a no-brainer. It had to be all boy, all camo, all green army men … all the way. We held his birthday party at Golfland Sunsplash and continued the party theme with a round of Lasertag.

My good friends at  Sweet Cakes by Rebecca had a big hand in bringing the party theme full circle with all the amazing sweets. Jeep Cake, Chocolate Cake Pops, Medallion Sugar Cookies, Gummy Army Guys … ummmm, awesome!!

And it wouldn’t be a Stephanie J Designs party without papery & all the little details! I accessorized the sweets with star medallion tags, green army men, table decor, balloons, dog tags at each place setting, cracker jack bags, favor bags, paratroopers, camouflage details … and more!

I had lots of fun creating theme inspired names for the sweets … like Cracker Bullets for the Cracker Jacks, Chocolate Cake Grenades for the cake pops, Atomic Sugar Cookies for the cookies … those were fun to think up!”

VENDOR CREDITS:
– Party Styling & Stationery: Stephanie J Designs
– Cake & Desserts: Sweet Cakes by Rebecca

20 responses to ““Green Army Men” Themed Birthday Party”

1. MeganV says:

What a great idea! :) I love all the details.

2. thank you, thank you hwtm for featuring my little guy’s 6th birthday bash!!! :)

3. Jennifer says:

This is a super cute party! I included it today on my blog post.

4. Kelly says:

FANTASTIC! I love the way the bags of cracker jacks are dressed up – and of course the Jeep cake and invitations are ridiculous! Great job!

5. Tonya Harper says:

This is such a cute idea, love it!~

6. yanneris Genao says:

Love this Idea…Great job executing it. Where did you get the Camo Canteen?

7. Awwww, shucks! Loving all your sweet comments! Y.Genao, I got the Canteens at my local Party City.

8. Julie says:

I love reading the posts for kids’ birthday parties…this one is being bookmarked as one of my favorites!

9. Sandra says:

Wow, this is great!

10. Sherry says:

I love your blog and this is an awesome party idea for my son’s birthday! I found camo party supplies here that will go great with the DIY ideas too.

11. Gina says:

Love, love, LOVE this party theme! Can you tell me what font you used on the invitation, food tags, etc.? I can’t wait to plan my son’s party. Thank you for sharing your creative ideas!

12. Stacy says:

Where did you get the camo canteens?!

13. Melanie Johnson says:

Great ideas, thanks for sharing! Thought I would share one of mine….in addition to a mound of dirt and bails of hay in the back yard, I am making hand grenades out of confetti eggs. I am going to fill them w/rice and some flour to make it cool, plus my hubby doesn’t want confetti in the yard.

14. Sam Sanchez says:

Wow! This is so adorable! My Boyfriend who is 19yearsold is leaving to the army in 3weeks, i want to throw him a little suprise goodbye/goodluck party with family and close friends. I will def. use some of these ideas. Do you have any tips for me? Any ways to make it a little more mature, more for a 19yearold and not 6 yearold? hahaa(: thankss.

15. john smith says:

wow, this is really a awesome theme for boys party. As boys always dreams of joining army. They always want to play with these type of thing from childhood. Now i am also excited to plan these type of theme party. I love that u Shared your Ideas, you can also get many new theme ideas by visiting my website

16. Holly Lewis says:

How did you do the invitations? I’m not sure I can get the font to be sideways and horizontal on the same project. Help, please. Birthday party in two weeks. Need to send these out. Thanks in advance for your response.

17. Katie C says:

I’m so in love with your invitations! How did you make them or where did you purchase them?

18. tina says:

hi how do i order and pay for the items i like