Colorful & Creative, Art-Inspired Birthday Party

Art Inspired Birthday Party

I’m pretty much head-over-heels in LOVE with this colorful Art-inspired Birthday Party that Abigail from Paper & Cake created for her daughter’s 9th birthday! Maybe it’s because looking at these photos takes me back to one of my favorite activities as a kid… or maybe it’s the insanely adorableRainbow Cakeball Palette (ya, I’m pretty sure those have something to do with it!) – but this party just looks like such a blast. Sometimes the simple concepts are the best!

If you’d like to recreated a similar get-together at home, the adorable “paint splash printables used throughout the party available in the Paper & Cake etsy shop. {I really think you could incorporate these cool printables into some creative adult-oriented celebrations as well!}

Art Inspired Birthday Party

Read on for LOTS more COLORFUL & inspiring images….

Art Inspired Birthday Party

Abigail’s mom is the director of AMOCA (American Museum of Ceramic Art), and she came to the party to do a special instruction on abstract painting for the kids! There were 4 stations for different kinds of art projects, including Canvas Painting & Tote Bag Stamping!

In you’d like extremely detailed, step-by-step instructions on everything you see above & more, Abigail also created a 25-page Art Birthday Party Guide that’s also available in the Paper & Cake etsy shop. Here’s a {very small} excerpt on the adorable cake balls:

Rainbow Cakeball Palette
In conjunction with your centerpiece, you will want a colorful display of yummy treats. These inexpensive artist’s palettes were the perfect solution for a party without a traditional cake. The colorful rainbow of cakeballs were made by Terri’s Party Treasures, and shipped across the US in two days. The cakeballs are available in every cake flavor, and are coated in chocolate. The palettes are offered in three sizes – we used the small 9-1/2 x 6-1/2” ovals with seven “wells”. A new and clean paintbrush was placed on top for added interest.

36 responses to “Colorful & Creative, Art-Inspired Birthday Party”

1. Tori says:

So bright and fun. I would even like that for my birthday party — kid or not!

2. How fun!!! Great ideas!

3. Jessica says:

Totallt just had a spin art flashback.

4. Amazing! I love this! So original and fresh. LOVE the cake balls on the artist palettes.

5. How exciting, 2 days in a row featured on HWTM, thank you to Abigail from Paper and Cake for asking me to part of this party and supply the cake balls!
    Great party!

6. I adore the CREATIVITY of this unique party! Simple concept with AMAZING style!

7. Lulu says:

Colouring, rainbows and children all together = perfect photos and bright memories. What an inspired idea.

8. The rainbow cakeballs on the artist’s palette is one of the most creative things I’ve seen in a long time. So, so cute!!

9. rings says:

Beautiful images, so creative.

10. Terry says:

What a fantastic theme!

11. Love it soo beautiful and artistic birthday

12. Carissa says:

How creative! I love it :)

13. Daniela says:

Another AMAZING party wow ! The palette cake balls OMG Loved them!

Daniela

14. So many original details! Love this, Abigail!

15. Creative! No kids yet, but my husband, being an artist, would love this! So I think some of the decor could even be used for his birthday party!Looks like lots of fun for the kids.

16. Jessica @ Pen N' Paperflowers Studio & Design says:

LOVE this. The colors are so wonderful and I love the unique theme! The cake ball paint palette is SO adorable.

17. Pallavi says:

So creative,The cakeballs on the artist’s palette is one of the most creative things I have seen!
    Question:Where can i find those small tabletop easels that were kept as favors??

thanks.

18. marianne says:

amazing ideas! SO CREATIVE.

19. HACB says:

I love every detail. Thanks for sharing!

I’m expecting a little one just days before my daughter’s second birthday. When they are a few years older this will be a GREAT joint birthday idea for girl and boy siblings of different ages. Not to mention my daughter and I share a birthday so it will be for me too! Now I just have to remember to find this in a few years! :)

20. jociandi says:

I do love this site, but sometimes it is a little bit too much. Is it necessary to make cards for peaches and gummy bears, water etc?

21. those vanilla cake balls, amazing! I am so making those!

22. Amber-Lee says:

Wow! So much detail! How long did it take to set all of that up? A day or more than a day?

• abigail says:

hi amber-lee… i usually collect all of the elements over the course of a few days time – finding serving dishes, purchasing the food and also printing/cutting out the labels and other printable decorations. once you have all the pieces, set up is a snap :)

23. It had to of taken more than a day to cook it all, and set it all up. We are moving up soon, and I totally want to do this for our housewarming party! So excited

24. Isis Antelo says:

I love all the great ideas you have.

25. Some of these parties are so awesome…I feel like a bad mom LOL

26. Malinda says:

This is amazing. I love everyhting about this.

27. Ivette says:

Hi, I wondered what the invitations you used look like? Are they included in the set of printables available to purchase? Thanks for the great ideas!

28. Stacy Walls says:

Hello….where did you find the palette plate to sign? I love that idea :)

29. Rhonda says:

Can you tell me where she found the wooden easels?