If there ever was a party you could call “darling”, this bird-themed birthday party designed by Leoni from Just Call Me Martha would be it! And although she created this particular party for her niece’s birthday, the ideas & colors featured here would translate beautifully to baby showers or “love birds” themed Valentine’s Day parties too…
Read on for lots more images & all the creative details, as told by Leoni…
“The main elements of the party were the birds and the ice blue/red/white color palette. My styling inspiration came from Amy Atlas’s Wedding library dessert table, but I used this adorable bird design by Tasha from A Little Sweetness to make the design more suitable for a 2 yr old.
Party food: We offered was birdie themed cake pops labeled “chicks on sticks” that were inspired by Bakerella’s Spring Chicken Pops, “worms” (sausages), “crows feet” (choc covered pretzels), “twigs” (bread sticks), “Magpies” (Aussie mini pies), “bird nests” (mini meringue with malteser eggs) and “Polly’s crackers” (Sesame cracker biccies).
Two of the party decorations that I made with my children were the bird garlands and the birdhouse treat boxes. To make the bird garlands, we strung cardboard birds, MDF painted birds and fabric birds on twine to hang across the party area. You can find the tutorial for the birdhouse treat boxes on my blog.
- Invites, tags, drink labels, cupcake toppers – Tasha from A Little Sweetness
- Gingerbread bird cookies – Dolls at the Mount
- Cupcakes – homemade
- Love Birds Cupcake Wrappers – The Cupcake Wrapper Co
- Birthday cake made by myself, (with design permission from Tasha)
- Plates, napkins, white vases and 3-tier cake stand – Provincial Living (Australia)
- Cutlery – Wheel and Barrow
- Bird stamp on Cuterly – Kikki-K’s VAR range
- Tablecloth – homemade by Leoni
- Birdhouse sweet/treat boxes – tutorial here
- Cake stands, vessels and vintage mini bottles – purchased at Bed, Bath and Table (Australia) and The Greenery (Australia)