REAL PARTIES: “Life is a Gift” Baby Shower

Life is a Gift Baby Shower Theme

Decorative paper is one of my absolute favorite party decor elements because it’s such a high-impact, budget-friendly way to introduce all sorts of wonderful patterns and colors into an event!

This gorgeous baby shower by the talented Aisha of Dooby Design Group is a perfect example of this! Aisha played up the sweet “Life is a Gift” theme of this celebration by creating chic party decor from boxes dressed up to look like {very stylish!} “gifts“. She also custom-designed these wrapping papers and stationery elements herself, but you can always follow her lead using your favorite store-bought designs. (Luxe Paperie, Olive Paper, and Whimsy Press are fabulous resources for designer gift wrap!)

Life is a Gift Baby Shower Theme

Read on for LOTS more stunning pics and all the creative details, as told by Aisha

Life is a Gift Baby Shower Theme

“My client was a designer’s dream… she gave us complete creative freedom for the entire event design! We started by searching for a unique color palette and bounced around many ideas before I saw this gorgeous nursery design.  I was so inspired by the aesthetics of the room – from the color palette to the patterns and textures used.

The theme of the shower was “Life Is a Gift”. The couple was expecting their first girl and we wanted the event to feel sophisticated, yet fun. The idea was to have the entire design focus around gifts. I designed three patterns using the event color palette and repeated it throughout the event on the custom wrapping paper, napkin wraps, favor labels and the invitation.

Life is a Gift Baby Shower Theme

I also came up with the idea of incorporating the baby shower games into the placemat design… the guests loved this little detail!

Life is a Gift Baby Shower Theme

Life is a Gift Baby Shower Theme

We continued the design through to the dessert table, creating vessels covered with the custom wrapping paper, utilizing lots of chocolate bit size desserts and added cute teddy bears.

Life is a Gift Baby Shower Theme

Life is a Gift Baby Shower Theme

Life is a Gift Baby Shower Theme

Overall the event was a success, and mom, dad and guests loved it!! Baby Kaytlyn Leanne was born in December, one month early and mom and baby are doing well.”

Life is a Gift Baby Shower Theme

– Photography: Nicole Haley Photography
– Event Design & Stationery Design: Dooby Design Group

25 responses to “REAL PARTIES: “Life is a Gift” Baby Shower”

1. Jen says:

Love, love, love it!!! SO CUTE! We’ve got baby fever over here, this will compliment that very well :)

2. So cute! Love the cohesive design!

3. Tamara says:

Best title ever!

4. This is gorgeous! I’m throwing a baby shower in March, and this theme is an awesome possibility. Thanks for sharing.

5. Tina says:

WOW! What a wonderful way to welcome Baby!

6. Hillary Jo says:

BEAUTIFUL! Love how simplistic the decorations were(little packages!) for preparation of the party and how translatable the palette is!

7. Roberta Whitley says:

EVERYTHING is SO beautiful! Every detail lovely!

8. Ok. I seriously have to STOP reading your blog! Every time I do, I end up buying paper or printables. GAH!~ But everything is so beautiful. Just like eye candy. So, alas, I shall keep coming back ;)

9. Carlyne says:

Cute! I love the colors and for the gift perfect!

10. Love the color combination! So classy and sophisticated!

11. Beautiful color palette…..even more beautiful theme!

12. Michelle says:

Cute party idea! If you’re interested in hang tags and labels like these you should check out

13. Laura says:

wow, great colors! and I love the style of the dessert table!

14. Thank you Jenn for featuring our baby shower design, and thanks for everyone’s lovely comments!!

15. Oh my, just stunning! Love the color palette and the desserts are so perfect!

16. Que liiiindo!! enseñame hacer estas cosas!!! jajaja realmente me encanta, me sirve muuuucho de inspiración!. Te felicito.

17. Beth Ann says:

What a cute idea! I am having my 3rd and have been searching for a shower theme, as I feel all babies should be celebrated with a shower! All of the gifts will be donated to charity as I have what I need and can afford what I don’t. I feel incredibly blessed to have what I have, I think that this theme would compliment the idea of all gifts going to charity!

18. This shower is absolutely exquisite!! I’m in love with the colour palette & every detail in between!

19. sharon says:

Great color choice!!!! I love the style of the dessert table!