REAL PARTIES: Darling Bow-Tie Baby Shower

Bow Tie Boy Baby Shower Ideas

Get ready for a serious dose of adorable… because this Bow-Tie themed baby shower thrown for Jesi Haack & her new little man is exactly that! Bow-ties adorned everything from mason jars and flower arrangements to the darling ruffle cake, sugar cookies, and stationery. I think my personal favorite detail has to be the ultra creative “bow tie” party garland fashioned from diapers & ribbon though!

Bow Tie Boy Baby Shower Ideas

Read on for LOTS more inspiring pictures, plus all the creative party details – as explained by one of the party hostesses – the lovely Courtney of Joyful Weddings & Events

Bow Tie Boy Baby Shower Ideas

“For Jesi’s baby shower, we (me, Carissa of JL Designs & Melody of Sweet & Saucy Shop) decided to celebrate her new little man by having a bow-tie themed party. Posh Paperie‘s invitations set the tone for the clean, cheery decor.

Guests were greeted with a little ribbon bow-tie clip I made, which everyone wore throughout the shower. Instead of a guestbook, Carissa wrote a mad lib to fill in about the baby, which was a lot of fun!

Bow Tie Boy Baby Shower Ideas

For the decor we incorporated in pops of mustard yellow, kelly green and baby blue. Carissa used a variety of white ceramic vases to keep it light and modern and filled them with an array of monobotanical arrangements using our theme colors – white pom pom dahlias (Jesi’s favorite!), white hydrangea and yellow ranunculas. Wrapped around each vase was a striped or polka dot “bow tie”, which I created using striped and polka dot ribbons in coordinating colors.

Bow Tie Boy Baby Shower Ideas

To deviate from the standard diaper cake, I created a bow-tie garland using diapers and ribbon.

Bow Tie Boy Baby Shower Ideas

For lunch, Carissa, Melody and I made light options including bow-tie pasta salad, chicken salad sandwiches with coordinating ribbon picks and tiny sized tomato basil soups.

Bow Tie Boy Baby Shower Ideas

Bow Tie Boy Baby Shower Ideas

Drinks were served in mason jars with ribbon bow-ties and striped paper straws.

Bow Tie Boy Baby Shower Ideas

Melody of Sweet & Saucy Shop created an adorable spread of desserts, including Bowtie Sugar Cookies, a Pumpkin Cake w/cinnamon cream cheese frosting & salted caramel w/ruffle buttercream & fondant bowtie, Mini Pumpkin Cupcakes w/cinnamon cream cheese frosting & salted caramel, Red Velvet Cake Lollipops, and Lemon French Macaroons!”

Bow Tie Boy Baby Shower Ideas

Bow Tie Boy Baby Shower Ideas

*Photos: Gabriel Ryan Photographers
*Floral and Event Design: JL Designs
*Event Design and Planning: Joyful Weddings & Events
*Dessert and Hostess: Sweet & Saucy Shop
*Invitations: Posh Paperie
*Cute “Baby Haack” bag: Wedding Chicks
*Sandwich picks: Joyful Joyful

57 responses to “REAL PARTIES: Darling Bow-Tie Baby Shower”

1. JL_DESIGNS says:

it was SO FUN to create something like this for such a dear friend! and i had the best partners in crime for the day ;) xoxo, c

2. Hillary Jo says:

BEAUTIFUL! This is neither masculine nor feminine; it’s just perfectly and simply chic for baby! Great job guys.

3. Love love love! everything is beautiful, the flowers the cake the sweet and the baby is soo adorable

4. This theme is so, so VERY cute! Love the theme, the color palette, and the adorable mason jars adorned w/ the bow ties! I’m hosting a baby shower in a couple months. I’m definitely bookmarking this page for inspiration.

5. So chic – I love it! And Melody’s sweets are impressive as always!

6. Yay! Thanks for featuring Jesi’s shower Jenn! We had so much fun designing this shower for our sweet friend and I loved how it turned out.

7. emily wilson says:

OMG this is ridiculously adorable. I love every little detail…that cake, the little pastries, the decor…fabulous! wonderful job to all those involved! Emily,

8. Katie says:

Beautiful! I LOVE the white hobnail serving pieces. Where can I purchase those? THANKS!

9. This is such a DARLING party! Love the bowties!

10. This is seriously so adorable and cool at the same time! All these amazing vendors created such a great party!!

11. I don’t think this party could get any cuter! I SO wish I had a baby shower to throw! LOVE it!

12. Sharon says:

This is such a stylish, modern shower – love it! Would anyone happen to know where the striped ribbon came from? I’m trying to find some just like that in red. Thanks!

13. Amber Moon says:

So stinking cute – love it all!

14. So inspiring! I love the colors, milk glass details and little striped flags!

15. I would love to throw myself a baby shower! I love this whole theme and all the fine details!

16. Every event Courtney touches is breathtaking! I absolutely love this shower…especially since I am a mom of two boys! This is such a sweet twist on the Little Man party as well!

17. Suzanne Johnson says:

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. This might be one of my all time favorite real baby shower features to date! So darling, so creative, and i enjoyed every last detail. Great feature job on all levels!

18. Allyson says:

This is so great. Would love to do something like it for Father’s Day, but with some butched up colors for Daddy! I would love to see the size of the clips everyone wore. Do you have a photo of that? I am guessing they are just like the ones throughout the party, but didn’t know how large they would be. What a wonderful, gorgeous and stylish party, just like the guest of honor.