Sock Vase Centerpiece + Painted Branches

colorful modern Christmas centerpiece

Wanted to share a super quick & easy holiday centerpiece/decor idea with you today… I fell in love with all the cute and wonderfully inexpensive holiday socks at Target this year and decided they’d make great “holiday vase wraps” for all those glass cylinder vases sitting in my garage – especially since most of the socks were around only $2 a pair! All you have to do is trim the toes off of one of the socks, then pull it up over the vase… and done!

colorful modern Christmas centerpiece

This playful striped sock vase is one of my favorites due to the faux fur trim at the top. (You could also add a similar trim yourself to any socks using white marabou boa.) I just added some manzanita branches (which I’d already spray painted red for a previous party) and hung a few ornaments that matched our tree onto the branches.

colorful modern Christmas centerpiece

These “sock vases” also look cute with flowers & other festive holiday fillers like sparkly curly ting ting, etc… or you could also use this idea to help dress up cylinder vases used as DIY pedestal risers for serving dishes on the appetizer & dessert buffets.

As you might be able to tell, I did a “Colorful Christmas” theme in our dining room this year with lots of felt, yarn & (easy) handmade elements… more on that coming in the next post!

15 responses to “Sock Vase Centerpiece + Painted Branches”

1. So beautiful and color!

2. Judy says:

I absolutely adore this idea! What an easy and fab way to add decor to the ubiquitous glass cylinder vase. Great tip!

3. Kelly says:

Just LOVE this centerpiece! TOO CUTE!

4. JUST PRECIOUS! I love it SO MUCH! I love how many unique ideas you have!

5. Ann says:

I want to know more about the picture frames!

• jenn s. says:

Hi Ann –
      Those are actually the frames that I always have on the wall, but I covered the regular artwork with felt and a flat glittered snowflake ornament from Target. I always cover those to match whatever holiday or party theme is going on, because it drives me nuts when the artwork clashes with everything else – plus it’s an easy way to continue the theme! The snowflake ornaments were $1 each at Target, and the felt was 29 cents each from Michaels. Not too shabby on pricing, either! ;)

6. Mariana Maya says:

This is an amazing idea!!!
    I just stumbled upon your blog and am a NEW FAN!!! LOVE IT!!

-Mariana

7. Dioone says:

Love, Love, Love this!

8. Gina Nevarez says:

I love this idea and this blog! I am going to borrow this concept for a “Santa Baby baby shower” I’m totally inspired, you made my day!

• jenn s. says:

Thanks, Gina! So happy you’re inspired! :) I loved making these “sock vases” last year and want to do them again this year in a different color palette like red/pink/grey/white if I can find the right socks ;)

9. Jessica says:

LOVE the idea! I made version of this tonight!!! THANK YOU!!!!

10. Tara says:

Hi there! I thought that this was so great that I featured it in my “100 Jolly Christmas Crafts & Decorations”! Have a great day! http://www.aspectacledowl.com/100-christmas-crafts-decorations/

11. Tiffany says:

I love your blog; your decoration and party ideas are so inspiring. This sock vase is absolutely adorable! Is the manzanita branch you used natural or artificial, and where did you purchase it from? Thanks!