HOW DOES YOUR HOLIDAY GARDEN GROW? With lots of SPARKLE and SHINE, of course!
Here’s a fun & easy last-minute centerpiece idea for Christmas or New Year’s Eve… or just something cute to file away for next year! All you need to make festive (and long-lasting!) “holiday flowers” are a few of your favorite ornaments, wooden sticks, yarn, and green felt. They look cute displayed as a little potted trio – or you can use larger containers to create a really big “gardens” for your table! Full details below.
HOLIDAY ORNAMENT GARDEN CENTERPIECE
Holiday Craft Tutorial
What you’ll need:
- wooden craft sticks (or “woodies” – available at craft stores)
- yarn or ribbon
- green felt
- hot glue gun
- fake snow
- vase or flower box
- styrofoam or floral foam
1. Fill vase or box with styrofoam or floral foam, making sure the fit is snug.
2. Hot glue each ornament to the top of a wooden craft stick.
3. Trim wooden sticks to different heights and insert them into the foam to decide out how you’d like your “flowers” arranged.
4. Remove the “flowers” from the foam and cover the portion of the stick that sits above the foam with colorful yarn or ribbon.
5. Cut leaf shapes from the green felt and hot glue leaves onto the “stems”.
6. Insert the “flowers” back into the foam, and cover up the foam with fake snow.