I can’t believe it’s already Christmas Eve! Here’s a fabulous Berries and Branches holiday party from Rene of Rene Takes the Cake to help us continue with the holiday cheer… and who wouldn’t be cheered up after a big glass of this gorgeous-looking Cranberry Sangria, right?! =)
More fun details from this party include beautiful party printables by Love the Day, contemporary table runners & candle holders Rene found that fit the theme perfectly, and an assortment of decadent treats like Brie En Croute and homemade peppermint bark!
With it’s pretty red/aqua/chocolate color palette, this theme is always great for winter bridal showers too (you can tie in a “love birds” element!). Read on for lots more inspiring images and all the festive details, as told by Rene…
“This was a Wine and Cheese Holiday Party I held in my home on December 4th and the overall theme was Berries and Branches. All of the food and drinks were either based on a berry, wine, and/or cheese. The colors were mainly berry red with some blue and brown mixed in for contrast.
The menu consisted of the following:
– Assorted Wine
– Cranberry Sangria (I used this sangria recipe but substituted Trader Joe’s Cranberry Hibiscus juice for the pomegranate juice and used fresh cranberries – Sooo good!)
– Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
– Cranberry Coconut Macaroons
– Goat Cheese Truffles
– Peppermint and Cream Cheese Cake Pops
– Candy: Strawberry Zaza Chews, Gummy Raspberries, Filled Red Raspberries, and Blue Raspberry Rock Candy. Homemade Peppermint Bark was given as a take home favor.
– Assorted Cheeses and Crackers
– Brushetta with Pears, Goat Cheese and Honey
– Brie en Croute
– Three Cheese Artichoke Dip
Styling & Design – Rene Takes the Cake
Custom Printables – Love the Day
Photography – Liz Hough Photograghy
Table Runners, Cranberry Garland, Berries & Serveware – HomeGoods
Assorted Candle Holders – Crate and Barrel
Small branches and white rock-shaped vases – Save-on-Crafts
Shapes on my mirrors – created with a Silhouette SD