Virginia from The Home Party Planner created this adorable – and super stylish! – red & aqua birthday party to celebrate her daughter’s birthday. I just love everything about this sweet party… from the fabulous food presentation (french fry cones and mini dessert “shots”!) – to DIY projects like paper pinwheels, embellished blumeboxes and candy jar tags.
Read on for more images plus all the party details & resources, as told by Virginia…
“To celebrate our daughter’s 2nd birthday, I created a fun and whimsical red & aqua themed birthday party which subtle touches of her favorite cartoon character Ni Hao Kai-Lan and her party theme “Taylor Turns Two”. I wanted to keep things fun for both the adults and the kids. We used the bright aqua and red throughout the decorations in the eating area, display tables and also in our outfits.
PARTY DETAILS & RESOURCES:
• Taylor Turns Two Logo – I created this myself and used it along the centerpieces and decorative boxes.
• Party Signs – Frames purchased at Ikea added the right flair to the different “Taylor Turns Two” signs that were displayed around the party
• Pinwheels – Another DIY project made from assorted papers purchased at Michaels. These added a fun and nostalgic touch for all!
• Blumebox containers – Blumeboxes were purchased in various colors and sizes to be used as balloon holding centerpieces, pinwheel holders and candy holders. We also used them to hold the cutlery. I decorated them with assorted ribbons, tissues and embellished them with the “Taylor Turns Two” logo.
• Table runners – (DIY) fabric was purchased from Ikea and cut down to make table runners on all the eating tables.
• Candy jar signs – (DIY) Made from decorative scrap booking embellishments, hand-written and tied on with a festive ribbon.
• Catering – Taco Dawg
• French Fries & Dipping Sauce Station
I created little french fry cones and a holder wrapped in paper from Paper Source. I purchased squeeze bottles from Bed, Bath & Beyond and labeled them with designed labels from Paper Source. Sauces were purchased from Fresh and Easy. Guests were encouraged to grab a cone of fries and choose from 6 different sauces.
• Cakes, Dessert Shots & Cookies – Jennifer Stonebarger
• Photography – T & H Photography
• Event Design – Hooray to Celebrate
• Rentals – Emmanuel Party Rentals
• Location – Private Park in Irvine, CA