A Lush VAMPIRE-Style Dinner Party

vampire dinner party ideas twilight halloween

Courtney from Pizzazzerie recently styled an AMAZING Vampire-themed dinner party for a Nashville Lifestyles piece… how gorgeous is this?!

The shoot was inspired by Love at First Bite: The Complete Vampire Lover’s Cookbook, which boasts “more than 300 suckulent recipes” {very clever!}. I love this idea for a clever twist on Halloween celebrations… or a fun excuse to celebrate your favorite vampire themed books, movies, or tv shows (and there seem to be, oh… 1 or 2 of those!).

vampire dinner party ideas twilight halloween

Read on for more hauntingly beautiful images and all the creative details, as explained by Courtney

vampire dinner party ideas twilight halloween

“When the publisher of Nashville Lifestyles magazine showed me “Love at First Bite: The Complete Vampire Lover’s Cookbook” in her office one day, we both knew it would make a fabulous feature for their October issue.

I got started right away pulling together all things black, red, and antique silver. We wanted to avoid anything too “Halloweeny” and tried to focus on chic and dark. The house we shot in had black ceilings, which really added to the dark and spooky atmosphere.

vampire dinner party ideas twilight halloween

vampire dinner party ideas twilight halloween

I used black velvet fabric as the table cover, topped with antique candelabras and tall red candle sticks. Candles were a main element of the table to add a spooky glow. To make the red dripped candles, I dripped a red candle on top of a white candle – and done! Placing mirrors down the center of the table created a ghastly reflection and a steady base for our candle sticks.

vampire dinner party ideas twilight halloween

Using the Vampire Lovers’ Cookbook as my inspiration, I designed menus for each table setting including “Steak Through the Heart” and “Devil Hair Pasta“.

vampire dinner party ideas twilight halloween

Our local Whole Foods has an amazing pastry chef who created some simple chocolate ganache mini cupcakes topped with red “blood drops.

vampire dinner party ideas twilight halloween

Then I used Martha Stewart’s Vampire Wine Labels to adorn bottles of red wine.

vampire dinner party ideas twilight halloween

Another fun trick is to buy Halloween Drink Color Dye and use it to color your cocktails black or red. We did this with a Vampire Blood Cocktail in my vintage champagne flutes (see image #2, above), and it was a super easy way to give the cocktails a Vampire-appropriate look!”

Photos by: Katie Horrell

24 responses to “A Lush VAMPIRE-Style Dinner Party”

1. Jill Rigsby says:

Every detail is incredible. I am obsessed with Pizzazzerie. Courtney definitely knows how to throw a fabulous party!

2. Rosario Garcia says:

It’s so pretty. I want to have one now.

3. This is so cool! I’ve already forwarded this blog URL to my family would probably want to do this!

4. Awesome! But I would expect nothing less of Courtney! Sooo talented!

5. Danielle says:

This looks amazing! Very stylish, yet spooky! Looks like Dracula himself would throw a party like this!

6. what a gorgeous and sophisticated take on halloween! courtney is the best!

7. hiyaluv says:

wow-this is so creative and truly amazing. :)gina

8. Tanya says:

I love the blood dripping candles! Courtney has incredible style!

9. Love the scene you set here….Courtney thought of every detail as usual! Great work ;)

10. Very nice photos and scene! lovely

11. PartyMom says:

I love all the details in this photo shoot-especially the layers of different shades of red with the black. It’s perfect for Halloween, but also could be held any other time of year. Great job Courtney!

12. COURTNEY you did it again. Amazing! You did a beautiful job!

13. Ashlee C. says:

Red is my favorite color. What a sexy dinner party.

14. Ashley J says:

So cool! I am forwarding this on to people I know having Halloween parties!

15. Very cool! Spooktackular really! Can’t quite decide what accessories I love the most… the candles dripping in blood or the vampire inspired menu. Really awesome ideas!

16. This is just amazing!!

17. Terri says:

I love this! It would be such a great idea for a Halloween dinner party!

18. Bre says:

I love this gorgeously goth and chic dinner party! Every detail is perfect!

19. Brittany says:

You are seriously the best hostess on earth! And I thought I was good, lol! I am hosting a Twilight party this weekend and will be sending them back to you via my blog! Thank you for your inspirational ideas!

20. ning says:

i love ur site.. every theme rocks!!

21. jordan english says:

fantastic! Any chance you know the name of the font used on the menus?