REAL PARTIES: Modern Orange & Navy Baby Shower

modern orange and navy baby shower

Oh my goodness… SO in love with this beautiful & contemporary Orange & Navy Baby Shower by Aisha Holly of Dooby Design Group!

The colors, the mod minimalist flowers, the fabulous use of fonts and pattern in all the paper details (signage, napkin rings, invitations, and menus)…it’s  just gorgeous. This would work just as well for a chic bridal shower or wedding too.

modern orange and navy baby or bridal shower

Read on for LOTS more eye candy from this party plus vendor details from Aisha

modern orange and navy baby or bridal shower

This baby shower design is very modern with some great DIY details. The color palette was a high-contrast navy, orange and white. The event was for 40 guests, and I wanted it to feel very intimate and bright!

modern orange and navy baby or bridal shower

I created a lounge area in the center to serve as the focal point of the party, as well as a comfortable space for the mom-to-be to sit and relax.

modern orange and navy baby or bridal shower

Long tables were used to create a family-style dining experience.

modern orange and navy baby or bridal shower

I designed the paper goods using navy blue with a pop of orange. These included invitations, thank you favor labels, napkin rings, food signage and BABY BOY signage to tie the overall look together.

SOURCES:
white arm chairs and navy throw pillows (IKEA)
orange neck roll pillow (Pottery Barn)
white square plastic plates (Party City)
orange napkins (Super Walmart)
white square frames (Family Dollar)

Photography by: Nicole Haley Photography

31 responses to “REAL PARTIES: Modern Orange & Navy Baby Shower”

1. Absolutely stunning! I love the blue and orange too. Love the favors and the lounge area. WOW!

2. wow, so nice. I have been looking for orange and blue ideas for my brothers wedding. I have never seen anything this nice with those color arrangments! Love it

3. absolutely love the colors, and fonts!

4. Becky says:

These were my seaside wedding colors in 2009 =)

5. I have to agree…a lovely eyecatching color combination that would be suitable for so many events. Chinese Take Out Boxes make the favors look great. Good job!

6. I love this! Who says baby showers have to be cutesy? This is sophisticated and sharp and the color combination is masculine while remaining perfect for a group of lunching ladies.

7. I chose these same colors for my son’s 2nd birthday later this month for an airplane theme. Looking at your photos I can see how the colors all come together. Beautiful! Now I am even more excited for his party.

8. amanda g. says:

love. love. love! I think the favors and label are my favorite! Light hearted and punny! :)

9. Saple says:

So beautiful, i live close by wish I was invited to see it all working together..

10. Absolutely stunning! Love the white lounge area!

11. Jeanee says:

I don’t think I’ve noticed this color combo before. So fresh and classy. And for a baby shower too? Wow! Looks great!!!

12. Holly Hatam says:

The colour combo makes my heart happy!

13. I’m loving the navy and orange. I see a lot of light blue and orange these days–but the navy makes it so preppy…love it!

14. Colors were very bright and welcoming! Beautiful baby shower set up. I love the letters on the fence!

15. margot says:

Being from Chicago this says “da Bears” or U of IL to me – totally not a bad thing, especially if that baby is a boy! :)

16. Aisha is such a gem. Her designs are unbelievable. This one is no less – and the modern color scheme, love it. Amazing!

17. photodiva30 says:

Lovely…very pleasing, simple, elegant. Unconventional colors for a baby shower but just goes to show that that works well when coordinated right.

18. Arlene says:

The decor is beautiful! But what did the guests do at the shower? It seems to look more like a luncheon, as opposed to a shower?

19. Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments. I had a pleasure creating for Andrea and her family.

20. Jacks says:

Elegantly simple…beautiful shower!

21. Julianne says:

Gorgeous! Love the color combo. Very simple and elegant.

22. Mrs Sheree Jackson says:

Very beautiful and simplistic!

23. Terri says:

What are the names of the chairs from Ikea?

24. Hillary Jo says:

PS: I stole this color scheme for my rehearsal dinner. I added animal print to it for my “Wildly in Love theme.”

25. Andrea says:

Thanks Aisha for such a beautiful day!!! I thoroughly enjoyed myself and felt truly blessed that you spent so much time making sure every detail was perfect!! Love you, MUAH!!!

26. Grace Gumaru says:

I’m totally in awe. I will surely have this scheme on my next party. Thank you for sharing your talent. :-)

27. Jen says:

Just love it! So simply and yet so classy!! Love the clean look of it.

Jen