Sock Monkey Birthday – Dessert Buffet

Sock Monkey Birthday Party Ideas

Jennifer from Shutterbug and the Sweet Life sent over these ADORABLE pics of the fabulous dessert buffet that she created (and photographed!)  for her son’s Sock Monkey themed birthday party!

Creative details included a super-cute custom bunting, sock monkey cupcake toppers with an argyle pattern accent, “Monkey Munchies” adorned with baker’s twine (love the addition of the red m&ms here!), and old fashioned Coca-Cola bottles that added another splash of nostalgia – in the perfect colors!

Sock Monkey Birthday Party Ideas

Check out the fun sock monkey fabric in the bunting backdrop!

Sock Monkey Birthday Party Ideas

A few more fun detail shots…

Sock Monkey Birthday Party Ideas

Sock Monkey Birthday Party Ideas

{Photos by Shutterbug and the Sweet Life}

43 responses to “Sock Monkey Birthday – Dessert Buffet”

1. This is darling. I really love the banner. Well done!

2. Sarah says:

Adorable, I love it!!!

3. OMG I make sock monkeys I love this!!!

4. Oh my gosh!! That is the cutest idea. I may have to steal it for my son’s 1st birthday!! Thanks for sharing.

5. Nikki says:

ADORABLE!!!

6. such a cute idea! i love the “monkey munchies” ~ do you have a recipe to share on how to make?

7. Jennifer says:

The cookies are Bakerella’s Cowboy Cookies! You can search for them on her site. Absolutely yummy!
    Thanks for all the sweet comments! It was such a very fun day!

8. Becky says:

I love the entire theme. We are doing a monkey theme baby shower and this would be great since mama doesn’t want to know the gender. I love those cupcake toppers. LOVE them.

9. Libby Lewis says:

Holy Moly! Why was I not invited?!? I know we don’t know each other from Adam but still. Too bad all my boy’s birthdays were the 22 and 23 of Aug. I LOVE this.

10. What an adorable birthday party theme. It would be equally suitable for a girl or a boy!

11. Stacey says:

Such a cute theme! Everything looks amazing – love the cupcake toppers!

12. Sandra says:

I like the sock monkey theme for a baby shower too!

13. Trisha says:

LOVE IT! Super CUTE!

14. Karen Campos says:

Perfect! I will be sharing this with my daughter whose son turns 1 next month and she wants to do a sock monkey theme party for him! Thanks for sharing this sweet idea!

15. jesslope says:

awe, thats just too cute.

16. MS. RAE says:

Really cute!! Love it! What is the recipe for the cute munchies in the jar… that’s really cute!

17. Alana De Leon-Lott says:

I LOVE this party idea and would like to know where you found the material for the top of the Monkey Munchies jars?

18. Sarah says:

Too cute!! I Love the cupcake toppers! Where did you get them? Great job!

19. jennifer says:

I made the cupcake toppers and candy buffet labels myself using Photoshop. I got the material for the top of the jars from our local fabric store, but I’ve also seen it on Etsy!
    Thanks for all the sweet comments!

• April Root says:

Hello Jennifer,

My sons 1st b day party is sock monkey. Is there anyway I can buy from you the cake toppers you used and the labels if you still have them? Or can I buy the PDF file you made them in? I love what you did here!

• Amy says:

Jennifer,

I’d love to do this for my son who is turning 1, too. I second April’s request. Is there anyway I can buy from you the cake toppers you used and the labels if you still have them? Or can I buy the PDF file you made them in? Thanks!

• Heather says:

I have been searching for cute Sock Monkey ideas for my son’s first birthday. Has anyone gotten the PDF file for the Toppers and table cards? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if someone could share it with me. Thanks!

• andrea says:

Very cute details! I am doing my son’s 1st birthday like this. Would you share your PDFs for labels and cake toppers that you made?

20. Michaela Ahearn says:

Hi there,
    What recipe does the ingredients in the jar make? Could you share this recipe?

I love your ideas!

21. Candice says:

I am a sock monkey fanatic (yes, I’ll admit to it, lol). LOVE the birthday party theme and ideas!! OOoooh ooooh aaaaah aahhhh :^)

22. Lindsey Lumpkin says:

where did you get the black & white fabric in the banner? I have looked everywhere! I love your party idea!!! Thank you so much for sharing :)

23. Amy says:

I’d love to purchase either the cake toppers and labels or the PDF files from you, too! I want to do this for my son’s 1st birthday next month.

24. Georgia says:

Hi, I am doing a sock monkey birthday for my son, who is turning one… Can you please share the monkey munchies recipe? I love that idea!

25. Kara says:

I would also like the recipe for the Monkey Munchies, as I would like to use the idea for my son’s first birthday party. And what exactly does the recipe make? Thanks!

26. Tina says:

I love the whole sock monkey theme and love the colors. Do you have the recipe for the monkey munchies, I would love to make them.

27. Domenica Frankland says:

how do i order the cards for the cupcakes?

28. mariaanastacio says:

I love it! Where did she get the cupcake toppers and buffet cards?

29. nicole says:

I would love the recipe for the monkey munchies. If you have a second, would you mind sending it to me! Thank you so much and thanks for all the inspiration for my son’s sock monkey themed 1st birthday!

Nicole

30. Martha says:

I LOVE the cupcake toppers!!!! WHere can I get them???

31. Crystal says:

I’m throwing a sock monkey party for my twins first birthday. Love the monkey munchies in a jar. Do you have a recipe for the cookie jars?

32. Heather says:

Where did you get the print outs for the treats?