Stephanie from the fabulous Couture Parties created these oh-so-clever Gummy Candy Skewer favors for a “Preppy Beach Party” she recently designed, and she was kind enough to share a step-by-step tutorial with us here!
One of the best things about this favor idea is that it can easily be tailored to other themes too… For example: gummy tropical fruit skewers for luau theme, spiders/frogs/worms for Harry Potter or Halloween parties, butterflies for fairy parties, etc… so many options!
Full details on the candy skewers are below… and stay tuned for more details on Couture Parties Preppy Beach Party, including additional DIY projects – coming early next week!
• Gummy candy (I used rainbow fish, sharks, hammer head sharks, lobsters, and starfish – all purchased at Candywarehouse.com)
• bakers twine (purchased at The Twinery)
• craft punch (Martha Stewart crab punch from Michaels)
• bamboo skewers
• clear bags (I used 4×6 bags from Papermart.com )
• small hole punch
1. Insert gummy candies onto the skewer, alternating from one style to the next. (Make it about an inch shorter than your clear bag so you have some room to tie the bag at the bottom.)
Tip: Only insert the skewer half way through the top gummy. This will ensure that the point of the skewer isn’t sticking out.
2. Punch out little critters with the craft punch and colored cardstock.
3. Using the small hole punch, punch a hole in the middle of the little critter.
4. Insert bakers twine in the punched out critter.
5. Place the bag over the gummy skewer and tie the bakers twine & critter on it to the base of the skewer
DONE! Easy, desirable party favor!
Thanks again to Stephanie for the FUN party inspiration!