22 Sep

Happy Halloween – DIY Dessert Table

halloween party dessert table ideas

It feels like Etsy has opened up a whole new world of possibilities when it comes to setting up your own party tables!

For example, check out this new DIY Happy Halloween dessert table from Anders Ruff… the entire buffet looks fantastic, but the patterns and paper details are definitely the (double-chocolate) icing on the cake! And if you want to recreate this look at home, you can purchase these exact same paper details as a printable set right here in the Anders Ruff Etsy shop!

halloween party dessert table ideas

This table is full of great inspiration for creative Halloween treats too… like these orange-tinted rice krispie treats drizzled in chocolate!

halloween party dessert table ideas

Scroll down for lots more eye candy followed by full details on the desserts & decor, as told by Maureen and Adria

halloween party dessert table ideas

“We wanted to design a dessert table that would be easy and economical for any hostess to replicate at their own Halloween Bash. The paper elements from our printable party collection were used on everything from the food flags to the cupcake toppers. Other key details included:

ACCESSORIES & DECOR:
Black Tree Centerpiece: we used black spray paint to cover a terra-cotta pot with moss and branches from the backyard, then we decorated the branches with paper logo ornaments and orange sugar coated marshmallows.
Boxes wrapped in white paper added height to the table.
Simple white serving platters + our printable food labels were used for each dessert display
Individual bags of candy corn were hung pegboard style. The patterend paper and logos in our DIY package used to make the wrap for each bag.
Pennant “trick or treat” banner
Backdrop: made from fabric layered on top of canvas, set against polka dot wrapping paper “walls”

SWEETS & TREATS:
Homemade caramel apples drizzled with chocolate
Cheddar popcorn cones (we used the patterned paper included in the collection to create the cones)
Pretty Little Pumpkins” – Classic orange rice krispie treat round pops dipped in chocolate
Round Pumpkin Pops –  Classic orange rice krispie treats w/ peanut butter added and drizzled with chocolate
White chocolate drizzled chocolate mini-doughnuts
Chocolate Cupcakes with cupcake toppers
• Cellophane wrapped cheddar crackers and Oreo cookies
Mini and full-size Hershey bars chocolate bars with personalized wraps (included in the collection)
Assorted candies (Reece’s pieces, orange gummies and jelly beans)
Wicked Water, Haunted H20 and Halloween H20 and Happy Halloween wraps used to decorate Orange Jones soda and water bottles.”

P.S. Just received a note that the Happy Halloween collection is also 30% off through the end of September! =)

Comments 52

jenn s.

POSTED BY

Founder & Creative Director see full profile

52Comments

Vicki Ferraro SAYS:

As usual a beautiful and creative job. I am so proud of my creative daughter-in-law and her business partner!

Reply September 23, 2010 at 8:02 am

Jen A SAYS:

WOWZA…..this is FABULOUS! I might be throwing a Halloween Bash and now I know where I’ll be shopping. LOVE IT!!!!

Reply September 23, 2010 at 8:07 am

Erin Calandra SAYS:

This Halloween decor looks absolutely amazing!! And it is so awesome that you make it so even an arts and crafts nimwit like myself can do it!

Reply September 23, 2010 at 10:07 am

Lisa Traylor SAYS:

So darn cute…love all the customized paper signage ;) We have some fun off-the-shelf Halloween centerpieces, garlands & cupcake kits by Meri Meri for those not wanting to bother with personalized.

Reply September 23, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Allison SAYS:

WOW! This really looks fantastic. I LOVE the orange rice krispie balls! You make an awesome team Anders Ruff!

Reply September 23, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Jennifer Smith SAYS:

This is one of the best stuff for Halloween that I’ve seen. Great collection and very nicely presented.
Happy Halloween 2010.

Reply September 23, 2010 at 11:21 pm

Renee Colangeli SAYS:

What a fantastic display! It’s so put together yet still edgy and exciting. Who wouldn’t love to see this at a party?!

Reply September 24, 2010 at 5:49 am

Dee SAYS:

Great Site!Beautiful display! I love Halloween and have so many ideas to make this year party extra special! My birthday is October 21 so we are partying at my house! There will be 2 parties one on my birthday and another one in Halloween.

Reply September 24, 2010 at 6:44 am

SugarFoot Designs SAYS:

Very cute!! I really like the orange Rice Krispy Treats idea…Wonder if that would work with popcorn balls?

Reply September 24, 2010 at 8:55 am

Nicole Sakr Photography SAYS:

I love this! I am definitely going to make the orange rice krispie treats and fun bottle wraps! Yum!

Reply September 24, 2010 at 11:27 am

Dessert.net Cafe SAYS:

You’re always up to something FABULOUS!

Reply September 24, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Maureen Anders of Anders Ruff Custom Designs SAYS:

SugarFood Designs – I think it would work to tint popcorn balls! What we did is we just added the coloring to the marshmallow/butter mixture once it is melted (and before you add it to the rice krispies). I suppose you could do that same thing with the popcorn balls! Love that idea, too!

Reply September 25, 2010 at 10:59 am

CC SAYS:

Hey there! I love your blog. Is there a way to subscribe to your posts? I searched to blog and couldn’t find one. (It’s probably right in front of me and I missed it!!) I’d love to receive your feeds in my email box.
CC of currentlychic.com