Our “Wedding Hangover” – A Milestone Anniversary Celebration

Hangover Movie Party Theme

You know how sometimes you & your significant other will talk about a BIG” idea that sounds incredibly fun, but that you secretly know will probably never happen due to schedules, finances, the daily grind, and the sheer process of taking the time to plan it all out? Well, this time it’s different…we really ARE making this idea happen!

The “it” in play here is our 10-year wedding celebration, which might sound innocent enough until you throw in the inspiration: The Hangover and the location: Napa Valley Las Vegas.

Ya… it’s safe to say we’re going to have some FUN with this one!

Hangover Movie Party Theme

We did consider doing a more traditional anniversary party at first, but realized that what we would both REALLY enjoy at this point in time is a weekend of random fun with our beloved wolf pack friends & family. And we’re hoping to create the perfect excuse for them to have some fun too…

So… HERE’S THE PLAN:
1. Kick off the night with a Hangover-themed cocktail party at our (pager-friendly) hotel suite.
2. Turn everyone loose to play as they please for a few hours – hit the tables, see a show, nightclubs, etc…
3. Regroup at the wedding chapel around 2am for a {very entertaining} wedding vow renewal ceremony. Crazy/tacky outfits are encouraged, the funnier the better! Can’t wait for these pictures =)

I’m excited to cover some of the planning process & the actual weekend with you guys here on the blog… there should be plenty of creative inspiration for those of you that want to do something similar – whether it’s to celebrate an anniversary, a bachelor/bachelorette party, or just for fun. I definitely forsee some themed party printables in the future too…

Hangover Movie Party Theme

There are so many creative things you can do with the seriously random, hilarious situations and dialogue from this movie… I can’t wait to get started on the party, because even designing this Save the Date was fun! (It’s not often that you get to work both a tiger and a chicken into the design mix!)

P.S. If you have some creative ideas for this theme, we’d LOVE to hear them! Nothing involving cinnamon though, please. “Tigers hate cinnamon.”

49 responses to “Our “Wedding Hangover” – A Milestone Anniversary Celebration”

1. jenn says:

lol is someone bringing a baby lol

2. This is sounds like a great party plan! You need to do something with cameras. I’m thinking about the “the lost pictures” on The Hangover DVD. Hmm…

3. I am TOTALLY in love with this idea!! It is fantastic and not only will the gals be excited for the party, but basing a party off of The Hangover is SURE to have the guys saying, “Who let the dogs out? Who? Who?”

LOVE IT!!

4. Leslie Juarez says:

Great party theme! You should have a “Find Doug” scavenger hunt!

5. This is going to be AWESOME! My favorite movie of ALL time!

6. by the way, you shoudl do favors or welcome gifts for the guests. Get a few inexpensive “satchels”, and make sure there’s some Yagermeister, poker chips, hospital ID bands, plastic cop badges, disposable cameras, photos of Mike Tyson and directions to the Wedding Chapel. You could also giev beer coozies with your photo from the wedding chapel as favors.

7. Kathleen R says:

I love the fonts on the sign! Are those from a website that I could get my hands on them? This is so creative.

8. This sounds like it is going to be a BLAST!

9. Jaime says:

Wow! You’ve outdone yourself again. Thank you for sharing a fabulous idea!

10. jenn s. says:

Loving the ideas already – thank you!!

Kathleen –
    The 2 decorative fonts are Budmo Jiggler and JF Ringmaster and you can download them for free here:

Budmo Jiggler

JF Ringmaster

The other 2 fonts are Futura (san serif) and Bickham Script.

11. Serve steak kabobs encrusted with a pepper blend or some sort of steak with pepper. Tigers loves pepper~

12. Ces says:

what a wonderful way to celebrate! Definately different from a tradiional anniversary celebration but totally awesome.
    what about giving away as favors the same favors as the movie– i think it was mugs and t-shirts? maybe you could work in the missing tooth somehow– tooth shaped chocolats or something.

13. vanessa ruiz says:

I am in love with this theme!!!

14. Christy says:

Brilliant!!!!!

15. Heather says:

Congratulations on 10 years! This is such a clever theme and your “save the date” card is brilliant!!

16. Lisa says:

This is the cutest and coolest idea ever! lol

17. Natalie says:

Love all the ideas !!!

The Camera a MUST.
    A Jager toast

Great ideas for a Wedding party. After the toast
    All the girls leave to do there thing & all the guys go to do there thing. ( they can play the games on there outings) Find Stuff for Scavenger hunt.
    The Bride & Groom should wear a Baby sling & fake baby with sunglasses . use the sling as a bag for camers, keys, stuff they find on the hunt.
    Last go & find crazy outfits
    Then meet up at the Chapel.

The Next moring host a Find Doug Breakfast. Decorate the room ( trash it) empty cups, bottles cans, Feathers everywhere, furnature tiped over. A poster of a tiger in the bathroom. Then everyone can show what they found on there scavenger hunt to see who won. Or the last cue to find Doug. Give a prize.

18. Brittany says:

My cousin threw a co-ed wedding shower a couple months ago for a friend and it was EPIC! The Hangover is their favorite movie so they were really excited!

She found a life-size stuffed tiger and put it in the bathroom, guests were floored when they went to powder their noses!

The groom wore one of those baby harnesses (WITH A BABY DOLL), shades, white pants, and a t-shirt. The bride-to-be blacked out her tooth.

Lastly, in the basement, there was a casino setup with a full bar and everything!

It was sooo much fun!

19. Kendall says:

Can’t wait! Can we renew our 10 years, too??!! Ha ha- the theme is great!

20. Sandi says:

this is hilarious! i can’t wait to see it all come together!

21. Jenni says:

It sounds like so much fun! I’m really excited to see all the details.

22. Maria says:

Did you make the Save The Dates? I was wondering what type font was used for “10YR” & “NEVADA”?

Thanks

23. jenn s. says:

Hi Maria –

That font is called JF Ringmaster. You can download it for free here: http://www.dafont.com/jf-ringmaster.font

24. Tammy says:

I so wish I was your friend. :( LOL, this looks like the BEST party ever! I love all the ideas in the comments too – just perfect!

25. Linda says:

This theme is awesome. Makes me want to do it for mine! Congratulations on your 10 year!

26. Chellecara says:

you’re gonna need a cop car as a “limo” for the night. This sounds like it would be a great night!

27. Maria says:

Thank you. Congrats!

28. Chantelle says:

I can see eye spy or where is waldo/doug (know the kids books?) as thank you cards (find the bride and groom ect) in the hotel room mess (the feathers, tiger, bottles,ect)
    don’t forget to have a naked man pop out of the trunk as everyone is leaving the chapel!
    tiger charms and jagermieister favors mentioned above…perfect!!!

29. Kara says:

Ceasars Palace has a Hangover Themed package now… you should check that out. Very Funny!

30. Melissa says:

Sounds like a totally fun idea. I can’t wait to see all the fun ideas and how it all comes together.

31. Tammy says:

I love the hangover idea. It is so creative. I love event planning too. I just started a new blog about event planning and I love comments. http://www.eventsbytammy.blogspot.com.

32. Gayle says:

This idea is awesome. I’m inspired into thinking of creative ideas for you! LOL.
    This means I have 4 years up my sleeve to come up with my own 10 year rendition, surely I can think of something??!

33. That is awesome!!! I love that movie – so hilarious!

34. Heather says:

Just leave the “roofies” or “groundies” out of the fun! lol

35. You are super talented! By chance, I saw the movie last night. So funny! Thanks for the inspiration; I can’t wait to see your event unfold!

36. Amy says:

You can buy ” Baby Carrier Hang Over t-shirts” for $20 each at 80stees.com. I have nothing to do with that website or company.
    I just thought that they would be so funny!!!
    I can’t wait to see the pictures!

37. Kate M. says:

Oh my gosh, this is awesome! Can’t wait to see more details.

38. Beyond brilliant on sooooo fun!

39. Tiffani says:

I am doing this same theme for my hubby’s 40th. Complete with vowel renewal. Can’t wait to see how this develops. Don’t forget personalized shot glasses in the welcome package. And instead of steak kabobs, include peppered beef jerky!!!