REAL PARTIES: My Little Sunshine Birthday Party

Sunshine Theme Birthday Party Ideas

This “My Little Sunshine” first birthday party is just too sweet for words!

Lindi of lovetheday designs created this happy little celebration for her daughter Ellason‘s first birthday, and – from the whimsical touches of lace and creative desserts to the “sunshine playlist” and adorable vintage bunting – the end result is nothing short of absolutely LOVELY!

I can also see this theme translating well to a baby shower or “You Are My Sunshine” bridal shower/engagement party.

Sunshine Theme Birthday Party Ideas

Read on for lots more beautiful pics and party details/resources from Lindi…

DETAILS:
The party featured an array of yellows and creams and was held on my backyard patio. Guests were welcomed with a “come around back” sign and my rustic fence was surrounded with yellow bunting (made from vintage sheets).

Displayed around the yard were large dowels that had been painted yellow and decorated with fabric and “Ellason is 1” signs.

Glass jars filled with yellow daisies & lemon drops hung from the trees. Flowers were stapled to the fence to serve as table backdrop, and a paper sun garland hung from the fence as well!

Party Favors were ribbon-bedecked “sunshine wands” with a “thanks for shining with us” label.

I designed all the printable party materials (my Etsy shop: lovetheday designs)

Food & Drinks:
• homemade lollipops: Amy Sweet Dream
• panna cotta, banana pudding, mini cheesecakes, and chocolate truffles: City Sweets
• sugar cookies/fondant toppers: Jane Miller
• cupcakes: Georgetown Cupcakes

Thanks again to Lindi for the lovely party inspiration! Seeing things like this makes me excited to start planning Macy’s first birthday party already… and she’s only 5 months! ;)

34 responses to “REAL PARTIES: My Little Sunshine Birthday Party”

1. Lisa says:

I LOVE this sunshine party! The yellow wands and tags are adorable. The bright sunny yellow screams summer fun!

2. Laura says:

Love these sweet little ideas. I really like the yard stakes with the streams of material. Very cute!!!

3. This is such a cute idea! I agree the yard stakes are adorable. The desserts look delish!!!

4. Wow what an amazing mother. Now I wish I had done more for my daughter’s first birthday. Absolutely beautiful photo’s and I absolutely loved all of the ideas and the bright yellow colour scheme.

5. staceys says:

Oh so Sweet!
    I have one more SUNshine song suggestion ;
    Sound of Sunshine, by Michael Franti- its so upbeat and has become my summer jam!

6. I love the yellow and the sunshine wands! I adore the tablecloth!

7. Erin Volante says:

This is SO CUTE! What a darling party theme, totally filing this one for future reference! The dessert table is just gorgeous and the lace everywhere… perfection!

8. rebecca says:

absolutely beautiful.

9. Becky says:

VERY cute, and I love that it isn’t the typical pink girl’s birthday theme.

10. Katrina Babic says:

SHUT UP!!! u r kidding me right?! This is what my daughter wanted for her birthday this year! She will be 4 around X-mas, and she wears her “shun-Shine” shirt everyday ;) Thanks for the ideas…

11. Love the theme! What a sweet idea! And that playlist is too cute :)

12. Carli says:

This couldn’t be cuter. The yellow and cream are scrumptious. What little girl wouldn’t love a sunshine party!

13. Tricia says:

This party looks amazing! The table, the wands, the food….Are you kidding me?!? The lace gives it such a feminine touch. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!

14. Nancy says:

Such cute details! Love the font choice of all the custom labels!

15. vanessa says:

So pretty! What a sunny way to celebrate a birthday, and those desserts look absolutely fantastic! Those songs would make it even better too

16. Bre says:

This is such a ridiculously cute and cheery party! I love the playlist, it actually reminded me of some great music I’ve forgotten about. The yellow cake stands are beyond precious.

17. Lindi says:

Thanks Jennifer for the feature! You’ve made my day!!

18. Amanda says:

Such an original party! I love every little detail!

19. Love the yellow color!!!! The cupcake stand is absolutely fantastic. Bravo!

20. LYNSEY SMITH says:

Beautiful! I love this! My daughter Ellasyn just turned one too!! Might have to borrow this idea for her second birthday! =)

21. Kori Clark says:

Beautiful, Bright, and sweet. I love the details and bright colors!

22. Jackie says:

This is just so gorgeous…. just perfect.

23. lee marc says:

My Little Sunshine Birthday Party is really great.All of the picture are so beautiful.

24. Aaaw! This is so sweet and adorable. Love the yellow and lace.

25. Steph says:

This is sooo cute! What a great idea!

26. adinoela says:

So special… simple and touch details…. I put it on my fecebook here in brazil to share that gorgerous scape…

27. Patricia says:

This party is so beautiful! The details are delicately perfect!

28. wow super cute!I really love this. Really personal and a great color palette! check out: http://www.labelsonthefly.com for more great labels to add to your occasion!

29. Rachel says:

What an amazing party! I love all the pretty details in the decorations.

30. Tasha says:

Thank you for this awesome inspiration! I used the theme for a baby shower brunch and it was perfect! Brilliant! You can see mine here: http://diyingtobedomestic.wordpress.com/2010/09/16/my-little-sunshine/

31. Wow! So many cute little things that make this party so special. I think each guest would leave feeling very pampered and special. The yellow & orange together are wonderful! Great idea!

32. Jodi says:

what did you use for invitations? I love love love this idea! I sing this song to my daughter scarlett all the time. She will be 1 in FEB. Nothing like a little sunshine in the wintertime.

33. Amy says:

I am doing this for my little one’s first birthday. She turns one in June and her favorite song is “You are my sunshine”. I noticed that only dessert was served. What time did you have the party? How was that worded on the invite? I love the idea!