Breakfast at Tiffany’s Bridal Shower

Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower

Jenna from Eat Drink Pretty recently sent over this absolutely lovely “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” inspired bridal shower that she threw for her bride-to-be sister Katie.

It’s easy to see that a lot of love went into this sweet celebration…  makes me wish I had a sister! Lots of creativity went into it as well… from a fabulous white carnation ball centerpiece (which Jenna gives full DIY details for below) – to a fun champagne infusion table and frosted pink donut tower!

Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower

Read on for lots more pics & all the pretty details, as told by Jenna

Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower

I hosted a “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” themed bridal shower brunch for my sister Katie that was inspired by the a gorgeous Tiffany-themed wedding designed by Martha Stewart.  The color scheme was Tiffany blue (of course!) and soft pinks, and the look I was going for was feminine, classic elegance with a touch of whimsy (brought about by the donut tower and bride bunting).

The shower was held outdoors in my backyard under a white tent…

Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower

A crystal chandelier was suspended from the tent and hung above the table.

Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower

I found Tiffany blue fabric at a fabric store and used it as a tablecloth. For the table centerpiece: a DIY carnation ball on top of a cake platter surrounded by individual pink peonies in bud vases. Making the carnation ball was actually very easy! (See full instructions at the bottom of this post).

Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower

I had 25 carnations left from my bulk order so I made a all-white carnation bouquet for my sister tied with a Tiffany-blue ribbon.  It also served as décor on the drink table.

Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower

All of the paper products were DIY and created using a free downloaded invite template designed by Erin Vale of Vale Design. {Wedding, design and party blogs are great resources for free downloadable/printable stationery!}

Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower

We had a champagne infusion table that was a lot of fun. I used clear wine bottles for the infusions, which included orange juice for mimosas and peach juice for bellinis.  We also had raspberries and fresh peaches to garnish the drinks.

Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower

For a non-alcoholic choice we had sparkling pink lemonade and lemon water.  Each bottle was adorned with a label.  I used a leftover piece of Tiffany blue fabric as a runner on the drink table.

The mini-dessert table was also a favorite. We had a donut tower that was unique and very cute.  It was also very budget-friendly!

Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower

I used plain cake donuts from a nearby bakery and topped with pink frosting and sprinkles. The donut tower was displayed on a square cake platter and had 5 layers; 9 on the bottom, then 6, 4, 2, and 1.  Between each layer was a piece of wax paper to prevent sticking.

The dessert table also featured vanilla cupcakes that resembled the Tiffany gift boxes. These were actually made by Target bakery.

Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower

The party favors were blue favor boxes filled with chocolate and salted-caramel macarons.

Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower

My sister had a special favor box that included a Tiffany blue Chrysanthemum Ring from Etsy shop Oh, Hello Friend (pictured at top).  She wore the ring during the shower and it will also be her “something blue” on her wedding day!

The menu was brunch buffet style and included:
• Tomato, basil, mozzarella quiche
• Bacon and sausage
• Gluten-free petit fours
• Fruit salad

My sister loves bunting so I included the adorable “Bride” bunting banner that I made using this printable alphabet bunting from Ruffled Blog. (pictured at top)

Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower

The shower was a big hit! Everyone had a great time and – most importantly – Katie had a huge beautiful smile the entire time.  She was so happy with everything and is such a lovely bride-to-be. I’m so honored to have been able to throw her a wonderful shower.

CARNATION BALL INSTRUCTIONS

Materials:  4-½” floral foam sphere + about 50 carnations

Instructions:
1. Soak/saturate the floral foam sphere in water
2. Cut the carnations to about an inch below the stem
3. Spread the petals of each carnation so it is at its fullest
4.  Insert each carnation into the floral foam sphere, beginning in a straight line and then filling in until there are no gaps (you can leave the bottom open since it will be placed on top of a platter)

Thanks again to Jenna for all the creative inspiration!

42 responses to “Breakfast at Tiffany’s Bridal Shower”

1. I love the colors here! Such a lovely party!

2. Susan says:

The theme was carried out so beautifully!

3. Bre says:

What a beautiful shower! All I had to read was Breakfast at Tiffany’s. The robin’s egg blue is fantastic, and I love the carnation ball!

4. Kori Clark says:

What a beautiful shower!!! I LOVE the chandelier outside!

5. Heidi says:

LOVE it!

Totally elegant and sweet, but not overdone.

6. Melodie says:

I am throwing my sister a Tiffany’s themed shower in September. I would love to know where you got the chandelier & the little blue boxes! :)

7. Julie says:

I love this theme for a bridal shower. Love the pink lemonade idea.

8. Yay! Jenna is super talented and has such a great eye for style :)

9. Emily F says:

I loved that wedding that this was based on. I watched it on the Today show and I LOVED it when Martha Stewart was being interviewed with the actual wedding planner. Martha was saying “I planned this and this and designed this…” and you could see the wedding planner (who I’m sure actually did all the work) fuming in the background. It was awesome. BEAUTIFUL shower, I love the theme!

10. Love it love it!!! The carnation ball is such a neat idea and I love the donut tower as well!

11. Cherie B says:

Beautiful! LOVE it!

12. I LOVED that Today Show/Martha wedding too! You did an excellent job using it as your inspiration and making it your own. Tiffany Blue is one of my favorite colors – it’s so perfect for a bridal shower! Great job!

13. This is the most beautiful shower – I love every detail! (The little icing ribbons on the cupcakes? EEK!) : )

14. Debi S says:

This is just beautiful! Very well done. The bride is a lucky girl to have such a talented sister!

15. Brooke says:

I am in LOVE with this!

16. JEN RAMOS says:

This post was sooooo inspiring and PRETTY!
    I posted about a company called Sweet Sweets who actually made a Tiffany cake, and all the jewelry was was EDIBLE…it’s very cool check it out:

madebygirl.blogspot.com

17. Kandice says:

I love the touch of sparkle with the chandelier! The carnation ball looks gorgeous too!

18. Brigitte says:

I adore this! Especially the Chandelier!! I really love how they incorporated the colors in the table linens as well!

19. Brigitte says:

I also really want that black dress!

20. Katie says:

Good Morning…

I absolutely love your website!!! So many fun ideas!!! I was wondering the name of the font you used for the little cards that name the foods/drinks? And where I can get that downloaded to my computer?

21. Katie says:

Me Again…
    Are the words just printed on paper and you cut out fancy and glued? Or is it a sticker?
    Thanks Again…

22. Jessica says:

Thanks for the diy on the carnation ball – so lovely and doesn’t cost a fortune!

23. allisonbudaj says:

i love it! my sister is a huge audrey hepburn fan and this made me think of her!

24. Cassia says:

I just loved everything! Can you let me know where to find the cute tiffany blue boxes?
    Congratulations to Katie!!!

25. Michele Favaro says:

Simply lovely…this is a stunning shower.

26. Victoria says:

Wow, I love this party, the cupcakes are lovely!

27. Arial says:

Okay this is awesome! I love it! Perfect!

If you are looking for hang tags similar to these check out http://www.labelsonthefly.com/wedding-labels.html

28. Kelly Johnson says:

I love the details of this shower! I am in the process of planning a something (tiffany) blue show for my future sister in law and I am having trouble finding table linens that are the right color, where did you find the ones that you used?

Kelly

29. Anna says:

We threw my sister a Tiffany’s themed bridal shower too. Such a fun theme to work with. We even used the little fake long powder cigarettes!

Our invitations were super cute and custom designed like these:

30. naomi burton says:

Even though it’s usually the highlight of the Bridal Shower, toilet-paper-dresses are the one thing no one really talks about. It’s more about raiding your Mom’s linen closet to grab every roll to bring with you. Be different! Add a touch of class to the party with monogrammed toilet paper. A single letter in gold script on a roll of toilet paper turns a dress into couture. Now, isn’t she worth it?!

$22.00 for two rolls at Pioneer Linens: http://www.pioneerlinens.com/monotp

31. Kerry Nelson says:

Beautiful shower, wonderful ideas! thanks for sharing

32. Elizabeth says:

Where can I find the “bride” banner displayed!?!?!?