09 Jul

REAL PARTIES: Festival Du Bebe {Part 2 – Sparkling Drinks Station}

REAL PARTIES: Festival Du Bebe {Part 2   Sparkling Drinks Station}

Instead of having a “signature drink” at the Festival Du Bebe shower, we had a Signature Drink STATION! This is a fun idea that you could really tailor to any sort of theme or occasion.

To play up the Mardi Gras/Masquerade element of this particular theme, I focused on SPARKLING drinks and COLORFUL containers

REAL PARTIES: Festival Du Bebe {Part 2   Sparkling Drinks Station}

The drink station offered sparkling water, sodas, mini cans of sparkling IZZE, and a DIY Champagne & Cider Bar where guests could choose their favorite mixer (juice or liqueur) then top it with their bubbly of choice (champagne or non-alcoholic sparkling cider) to create their own drink!

I don’t have a full shot of the finished table, but here’s a work-in-progress to give you an idea the set up:

REAL PARTIES: Festival Du Bebe {Part 2   Sparkling Drinks Station}

The juice carafes (pictured below) – Blueberry-Pomegranate, O.J., and Cranberry Apple – sat next to the Chambord and were elevated by a free-standing shelf from IKEA.

REAL PARTIES: Festival Du Bebe {Part 2   Sparkling Drinks Station}

I was overjoyed to stumble upon these sturdy plastic champagne flutes from IKEA. They were only $2.99 per 4-pack, came in cool colors that worked perfectly with the theme, and are totally reusable!

Tiny 1″ artificial butterflies were such an easy way to dress up the flutes and pulled double-duty as “glass charms” to help each guest keep track of their drink. I used pop-up glue dots to attach the butterflies, which made for easy removal later.

REAL PARTIES: Festival Du Bebe {Part 2   Sparkling Drinks Station}

Colorful straws from IKEA were available for sipping sodas and sparkling water…

{Photo Credit: Jillian Bisinger Modern Photography}

FREE PARTY PRINTABLES

As promised – here are the free printables for this drink station! Find links below to download both of the 5×7 signs and the drink labels used here.

REAL PARTIES: Festival Du Bebe {Part 2   Sparkling Drinks Station}

click here to download the Drink Signs (High-Res PDF)

REAL PARTIES: Festival Du Bebe {Part 2   Sparkling Drinks Station}

click here to download the Drink Labels (High-Res PDF)

15Comments

Jessica Hembree SAYS:

This is a great idea and can easily be adapted for any theme. Since my family doesn’t drink alcohol, another great idea would be to use Italian Soda flavorings and soda water, sprite, lemonade, or even tea! I will have to use this for my next party! :)

Reply July 9, 2010 at 11:07 am

Sandra SAYS:

LOVE LOVE LOVE…wow this party is so great!!Where did you get the carafe bottles at?

Reply July 9, 2010 at 11:10 am

Shannon SAYS:

Wow, This looks really amazing! Great minds must think exactly alike. This looks and sounds just like the “signature” party and drink bar concept we released two weeks ago in our Press Release. You can check the signature “Bebe Soiree Drink Bar” here: http://happyhourmom.com/2010/06/introducing-happy-hour-moms-signature-drink-bar/party/

Reply July 9, 2010 at 11:17 am

Bird SAYS:

Wow, IKEA are really getting into the party mood, huh?! :)

Reply July 9, 2010 at 11:18 am

Becky SAYS:

Will we still get to see favors and activites as promised? Love the details so far!

Reply July 9, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Fiona @ oh gorgeous baby SAYS:

Lovely ideas Thanks for sharing. I have found your site a wonderful help for planning my baby shower. Now I can’t wait for the kids birthdays to get here. Take care Fiona

Reply July 9, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Natalie SAYS:

So Glad I found your blog. I love the drink table- it looks so colorful.

Reply July 9, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Melissa SAYS:

I love all the colors. A wonderfully fun idea for your guests.

Reply July 9, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Jenn @ HWTM SAYS:

Sandra –
The carafe bottles are from Bed Bath & Beyond. I love that they’re plastic – less worry about broken glass & super light-weight, which made them easier for guests to handle even when they were full.

Becky – yes – still planning to post on the activities & favors – just realized that the posts were getting pretty long so I decided to break this up into 3 parts instead of 2. Part 3 coming soon!

Everyone else – thanks for the sweet comments! =)

Reply July 12, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Sandra SAYS:

Thank you Jenn!!

Reply July 13, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Nora SAYS:

Thank you for posting the labes & signs! I am so excited to throw this party. Already getting raves from the guests about the invites!

Reply July 24, 2010 at 7:14 am

Karen Campos SAYS:

Love the colors and the drink bar concept. It is a similar concept to how I set up for wine tastings in my home. I make my wine bar self serve, by using my wine racks, so that I do not have to continually tend it. It works out well.

Reply August 10, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Rhonda J SAYS:

I love this and will be making a trip to IKEA real soon! I can’t wait to do this at my next family gathering!

Reply August 11, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Amber SAYS:

Thank-you for posting such wonderful ideas. I was wanting to use the drink labels, however, being that they are in ADOBE I cannot write on them. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Reply August 25, 2010 at 7:32 am

jacqueline SAYS:

How do you get the text on the drink labels?

Reply March 4, 2013 at 11:27 pm