Sugary Sweet Love Wedding – Part 1

colorful candy wedding bridal shower ideas

So… this “Sugary Sweet Love” photo shoot is seriously one of the most fabulous things I’ve ever seen!

For those of you who love bright colors and all things sweet (like me!), this has got to be a dream wedding idea… but it’s also full of great inspiration for a candy shoppe or sweet-themed bridal shower!

colorful candy wedding bridal shower ideas

This lovely theme was sent over by Jenna of Eat Drink Pretty, who also happens to be the bride starring in the photos! It all began with an ultra-creative inspiration board created by created by Annie Packman of the Marry You Me blog and was brought to life by some seriously talented vendors (see full list below).

colorful candy wedding bridal shower ideas

As far as ideas go, these photos speak for themselves… and there are TONS of them, so I’m breaking this up into a couple posts. Scroll down for gorgeous eye candy Part 1

colorful candy wedding bridal shower ideas

A “bridal bouquet” made of rock candy swizzle sticks? LOVE IT!

***These “bouquets” would also be cute as the centerpieces for a bridal shower. You could secure the bases together with ribbon & a bow to make them look like actual bouquets, then display them in glass vases.***

Loving the gumball background too! Another way to utilize this concept: use gumballs to line the bottom of shallow serving trays.

colorful candy wedding bridal shower ideas

The wedding cake is dressed up with loose rock candy, and the candy buffet background is obviously amazing! (A bunch more images of the candy & other sweet treats from this shoot will be featured in Part 2.)

colorful candy wedding bridal shower ideas

Pictured below: colorful ribbon wands… what a great idea to replace the traditional rice throwing during the reception line OR the glass clinking at the reception!

colorful candy wedding bridal shower ideas

Great DIY banner idea featuring patterned papers and glittery chipboard letters:

colorful candy wedding bridal shower ideas

And every “sugary sweet love” bride deserves some fluffy, pink cotton candy and a candy ring!

colorful candy wedding bridal shower ideas

Paper lanterns and other hanging decor made from colorful cupcake wrappers & ribbon:

colorful candy wedding bridal shower ideas

Pretty floral details accented with feathers:

colorful candy wedding bridal shower ideas

A gorgeous candy apple red wedding bouquet:

colorful candy wedding bridal shower ideas

… and last but not least, playful feather hair clip adds a bit of whimsy to the bride:

Stay tuned for Part 2!

Vendor credits:
Photography: Red Ribbon Studio
Invitations+Paper: Paperista
Flowers: Just Bloomed
Bridal Fashion: Posh
Cake, cupcakes, macaroons, & sweet treats: Cocoa + Fig
Jewelry: JWP Jewlery
Hair & Makeup: Nan Fletcher
Candy Shop Location: Sugar Sugar
Handbags & Fabric Flower Accessories (belt & headbands): Nelle Handbags
Linens: Apres Party

35 responses to “Sugary Sweet Love Wedding – Part 1”

1. Melissa says:

Wow, The candy Buffet looks great. Love the cake and the wedding bouquet is gorgeous.

2. heather says:

I love the cupcake wrappers as part of the hanging decor!

3. Amy says:

Love the “Wave for Kiss” wands!!

4. HOW FUN – I absolutely love how out of the box this wedding shoot is!!!

5. That is reallya cute – I especially love that cake!

6. Vicky says:

I love this, love it all! I saw the shoot of the candy bar before but I didn’t realize it was a real life wedding- what a gorgeous and lucky bride:)

7. The Fairy says:

That rock candy bouquet ROCKS! What a great idea even for a kids party.

8. Jasmine says:

Now this is very cute idea. Very playful

9. Louisa says:

Great looking party. By the way, what fonts do you use for naming the photos? I love the way they look!

10. Dognbird says:

Can’t wait for part two. The rock candy cake is the best thing ever!

11. Elisha Akram says:

How sweet! I love it!

12. WOW! Love everything about this…the colors are amazing and the cupcake liner garland is such a unique idea!

13. Elle Sees says:

Whimsy and different. I like it.

14. MMM YUMMY YUMMY!
    Really liking this…the colors…everything!

15. Love the unique flair! The rock candy bouquet and the cake are my faves! So creative and fun!

16. june g. says:

where are those gorgeous red shoes from?

17. Jenn @ HWTM says:

Louisa –

The swirly font is “Albemarle Swash” and the other one is called “JF Ringmaster”. They’re both free if you look them up online :)

18. Astrid says:

hola

its a great, im very happy with all.
    i love the colours, forms, pics….
    congratulations. oxoxox

19. Astrid says:

hola
    El contenido de esta información, ideas, fotos, combinaciones de colores, trabajos tan sutiles.
    me han parecio lo maximo, estoy encantada de haberlos encontrado, es aubsolutamente maravilloso y hermoso.
    deseo que sigan trabajando por esto tan bonito
    un saludo muy grande de una admiradora aubsoluta.
    Astrid.

20. LOVE the banner – love the bright color palette! and the wedding bouquet is stunning!

21. This is so fun! I want to go to this wedding and play with all the candy!

22. I’m loving this loving – all the bright colors, and the sweets! I’m keeping this in mind for my wedding (after I get engaged of course). :)

23. Linda says:

Love the ideas.. It looks fantastic… can anyone tell me where i can order those spectacular candy rings? they are amazing….

24. Cristina says:

Where did you get the teal roll tickets? I’ve been looking all over for them! My sister is having a circus / carnival themed wedding and I need them for it. Any help would be HUGELY appreciated!

25. Jenn @ HWTM says:

Hi Christina –

Jenna was kind enough to get the info for you regarding the tickets! Here’s the source:

The Whimsical Muse on Etsy:

26. I really love this wedding! it makes me want to get married again and a party just like this one!

27. Shelby says:

Does anyone know where the bridesmaid’s turquoise dress is from? I absolutely love the look of the dress with the flower, and would love to do something similar. Thanks!

28. Wow! Love this shoot… very cute! :)

29. danielle says:

This cake is everywhere! I’ve seen it in so many places and am SO in love with it! The whole set up is just amazingly awesome!

30. Cindy says:

Ohh !! the bouquet of roses looks gorgeous :)

31. Kayla says:

It’s funny how you mentioned that every bride needs a “candy ring.”… I got a blue raspberry Ring Pop for my engagement ring! :)

32. Nicole says:

I would get married all over again just to do this theme! haha I love it!

33. […] 1, 2, 3, 4 Posted in […]

34. […] 1, 2, 3 Posted in Dekoracje, […]

35. […] Dessy Group. In: Engagement. With: 0 Comments I recently found and fell head over heels for the Hostess with the Mostess blog. Full of truly great inspiration for your big day, here is one of my favorites. Old time […]