Looking for some decoration inspiration for your Sex and the City 2 pre- or post-movie party? Here are a few affordable DIY ideas for you… no Manalos or Jimmy Choo’s required!
Scroll down for more pics – and find all the DIY details for everything at the bottom of the post. (P.S. These ideas would also work well for a fashionista bridal shower or milestone birthday.)
The decorated shoe is probably my favorite idea: =)
Embellished vases and framed pics:
SEX AND THE CITY 2 PARTY DECOR IDEAS:
1. Decorate shoes (preferably fun heels!) with a few colorful feathers and craft gems. I purchased the adhesive rhinestones and small, colorful feathers at Michaels (they come in a huge bag for around $4). The “pedestal” display is a plate elevated by a candle holder, and I added a little sand to the plate to reference the Sahara dessert.
2. Fill colorful translucent glass vases with sand & feathers. Luna Bazaar has some fabulous colored glass bottles in fabulous colors (and they’re cheap!)
3. Embellish picture frames with craft gems and fill them with stills of the movie (the ones used here are from www.sexandthecitymovie.com) – or SATC images cut from wall calendar.
4. Fill cylinder vases with candles and sand, and decorate the outside of the vase with fun belts embellished with colorful craft gems. (I used glue dots to attach the gems so that they could be easily removed.) If you don’t own any belts that would work for this theme, look for some at affordable places like Forever 21 or TJ Maxx.
5. Set out Morrocan-style lanterns & candle holders and gold details like gold charger plates or small bowls of gold-wrapped Ferrero Rocher chocolates for added flair!