Weddings 05.24.10

Romantic Floral Inspiration: Anemones

anemone wedding cakes centerpieces decorations

Anemones are such an unique, curious flower… They exude both a romantic and contemporary vibe, which enables them to work well for weddings & events designed in either – or both – of these styles.

Here’s some gorgeous, anemone-inspired eye candy for you for that features these fascinating blooms utilized in ultra-creative ways for bouquets, wedding cakes, and centerpieces…

anemone wedding cakes centerpieces decorations

Image 1: gorgeous Red Anemone Bouquet via the beautiful photoblog Chiaroscuro; Image 2: Modern Bouquet via; yellow & white bouquet via the knot; Black Tie Bouquet via Martha Stewart; red and hot pink bouquet via the knot; and black & white bouquet via

Next up, charming anemone-inspired wedding cakes

modern anemone wedding cakes

Image 3: Confetti Cakes – from InStyle Weddings; black and white cake with sugar anemone flower via the knot; and contemporary cake with sugar anemones by

anemone wedding cakes centerpieces decorations

Image 4: Anemone & Sweet Peas Clay Flowers from Estilo Weddings and Country Cake by April Reed Cake Design.

anemone wedding cakes centerpieces decorations

Image 5: And last but not least is a cool “Posh Party” centerpiece featuring anemones & table lamps, via

If you’ve seen any other amazing floral designs featuring anemones, we’d love to hear about them!

15 responses to “Romantic Floral Inspiration: Anemones”

1. Lenna H says:

Love the light pink with black centers, gorgeous contrast!

2. Julie says:

What is the season for anemones? Are they just spring-early summer?

3. I love the black and whites! So classic and sophisticated. They would be fun with a pop of orange and red!

4. The Fairy says:

Love the flowers around the lamp base.

5. The black and white is so classic. And the cakes – WOW! Love these!

6. Diana Sanchez says:

What font is used for “Creative Cakes” and “Modern Romance”??

I love those black cake stands!

7. Jenn @ HWTM says:

Diana –
    That font is called Albemarle Swash. You can find it for free online – just do a google search for it :)

8. Sara says:

Gorgeous! I kind of wish I had known about these flowers when I got married in September!

9. Angela says:

I love anemones but would never recommend them for an outside wedding on a hot day. I’d also never recommend them for a midwest or east coast bride as their shelf life diminishes in the shipping process.

10. Diana Sanchez says:

Thanks, Jenn!!

11. anemones are just gorgeous and make beautiful bouquets!

12. ghost chair says:

black and white is always wonderful, but sometimes people don’t do it justice. not the case here! I especially love the cakes.

13. Michelle says:

I am happy you posted what the font was for “modern romance” – I’ve been wondering on other posts because it is so beautiful! But how do you get the border around “romance”?

• jenn s. says:

Michelle –
      I created the border myself in Photoshop.

If you have Photoshop: go to Select > Load Selection, then Select > Expand (i usually expand by 3). Then create a new layer, Fill the selection with the border color you want, and Deselect. Move this new layer underneath the type layer, and you’re done. It sounds like a lot of steps but usually goes pretty quickly :)

14. Cindy says:

These are very unique. The wedding cakes are quite special.