11 May

Happy Hour: White Party Cocktails

Happy Hour: White Party Cocktails

I wanted to share a couple fun cocktail ideas with you today from an event I designed this past December for a client that always hosts “white themed” holiday parties. This year they wanted to do a Delano hotel inspired” theme, which I of course LOVED since the Delano has a great contemporary vibe!

For the signature cocktails, we went with a Miami Mojitoserved up in a chilled martini glass instead of the traditional ice-filled tumbler – and a White Cosmofeaturing white cranberry juice in lieu of the traditional red.

Happy Hour: White Party Cocktails

The cocktails were shaken up by bartenders from The Party Goddess, (who did a great job catering the event as always!), and these gorgeous images were taken by the lovely and talented Gina Lee.

Full Recipes Below...

Happy Hour: White Party Cocktails

MIAMI MOJITO MARTINI

3 oz Light Rum
2 oz Lime Juice
1/2 tsp Sugar
Mint Leaves

Add mint leaves, lime juice, and sugar to a cocktail shaker. Muddle the mint with a spoon. Add rum. Fill shaker with ice and shake well. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with mint leaves.

WHITE COSMO

1/2 oz Cointreau orange liqueur
1/2 oz lime juice
1 oz vodka (or 2 oz for a stronger cocktail)
2 oz white cranberry juice

Pour all ingredients in an ice-filled cocktail shaker, shake well and strain into chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.

Happy Hour: White Party Cocktails

P.S. Click here to check out the photo album from this party on the HWTM Facebook Page, which also includes some fabulous, Miami-inspired floral designs by Carissa from JL Designs.

9Comments

Betty Islas Velazquez SAYS:

mmmmm… that sounds so good!!! A drink right now would be great!

Reply May 11, 2010 at 9:34 am

ochottie SAYS:

all the ideas found fun and creative and elegant to do i think i will try it next party.

Reply May 11, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Ashley SAYS:

They all sound delicious! My favourite summer cocktail right now is called the 360 EcoTazz I tried last week:

2oz 360 Vodka
3/4oz Sour mix
1/4 oz Simple syrup
5-6 Organic raspberries

Shaken up and poured over ice it is the perfect summer drink while lounging by the pool!

Reply May 12, 2010 at 8:30 am

Susan Southerland SAYS:

I love signature drinks, especially for themed parties! These look so chic. I am in love with that gorgeous picture frame, too…

Reply May 13, 2010 at 6:04 am

Diapers and Divas SAYS:

This makes me super excited for my next girl’s night out to see Sex & the City 2 at the end of the month!

Reply May 16, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Pup Fan SAYS:

I made these for a girls’ night in – couldn’t find white cranberry juice at the store (bizarre), so we subbed white cranberry-peach, and used orange vodka instead of plain. Delicious! :)

Reply May 23, 2010 at 8:52 am

Shoa SAYS:

Hi there,
I have been your biggest fan for a long time and attended your Beverly Hills SLS event last year.
I have a question for you: I plan on having a rooftop cocktail hour (I live by the Marina). What is an appropriate time to have it, does 4-7 sound okay? I want people to enjoy our scenic views during day light. Can you refer me some sources on cocktail 101 (what kind of hor dourves to serve etc.)? I have never hosted a party so I am quite clueless.
Best,
Shoa

Reply June 2, 2010 at 10:17 am

Jenn @ HWTM SAYS:

Hi Shoa -
First of all, thanks so much for the sweet comment! So glad you made it to the SLS last year :)

As for the cocktail hour – 4-7 is definitely fine!

Here are a couple cocktail party guides for you:

Good luck with the party!

Reply June 4, 2010 at 8:59 am

sheena SAYS:

I need a nice themed drink. Having a white party for my 30th bday . People can accent their white with different shades of blue. I would like a white drink and a blue drink to go with the theme but will not cost me a arm and leg cause I do not drink. Thanks

Reply May 23, 2012 at 11:54 am