DIY: Paper Globes by Heather Bailey

paper globes by heather bailey

Looking for a fun DIY party project? These gorgeous Paper Globes by Heather Bailey are great centerpiece ideas for spring & summer parties… or even for Mother’s Day brunch this weekend!

Pick your favorite scrapbook papers to tailor this idea to any color palette & occasion! Click here for the tutorial and to download the pattern from Heather.

paper globes by heather bailey

For another fun way to utilize this idea (or even in addition to the topiary centerpieces), check out these hanging paper globe pendants, which could be recreated with or without the extra felt details at the bottom:

paper globes by heather bailey

To view these globes in use at a party (and displayed in a different way), check out Lila’s Dol Celebration.

Thanks to Heather for the great party inspiration! (P.S. Her entire blog is absolutely GORGEOUS!)

29 responses to “DIY: Paper Globes by Heather Bailey”

1. WOW!!! LOOOOOOVE THIS!

2. OMGosh I gotta try these! Fabulous!!!

3. Clau! says:

Great idea… love it!!

4. I love Heather Bailey products – the colors are always so beautiful. now I just have to think of a reason to make some of these!

5. Kari says:

These are perfection! I can’t wait to start making some.

6. Super fun!!! Loving this paper theme :) Great ideas for birthday parties and baby showers!

7. Oh this is so adorable!!! Worth trying I guess, it’s just that easy…xo

8. Vicky A says:

My girlfriend & I made these for her daughter’s 2nd birthday party. They were a bit labor intensive, but worth it!

9. Tanya says:

I love these

10. great idea! so simple and colorful!

11. Kristy ~ Posh Pixels Design Studio says:

Those are soooo adorable! Posting it on my FB fan page!

12. Scent Magic says:

LOVE these! I’m not the craftiest person in the world, but I just have to give these a try. I’ve got some Anna Griffin paper I think will work great. Thanks!

laura

13. These globes are really beautiful! I love the hanging ones especially and can see many design possibilities!

14. I absolutely love these! I could even see using them as decorations in a nursery. Just adorable.

15. Vesna says:

So stunning, i love these paper globe pendants!
    Come and join our blog http://mylittlejedi.blogspot.com/

16. Sue says:

Absolutely adorable decorations! These could be used for so many different ocassions. I love that they are so simple to make.

17. Claire says:

I love these. What a great idea and so adaptable to any color scheme or party.

18. I love Heather Bailey! (it doesn’t hurt that we share the same 1st name…). These are absolutely adorable!

19. Bird says:

ADORABle and sooo versatile too! :)

heading over to check them out..

Thanks

20. Mrs. Jones says:

I just made these for a luncheon. http://heatherjslife.blogspot.com/2010/05/teacher-appreciation-week-decorated.html

Heather’s topiaries are beautiful!

~Heather

21. Anne says:

Thank you so much for sharing! I am planning a very special tea party for my mom and these will make perfect decorations!

22. Karen Campos says:

I love the vibrant colors and could see using these at any summer party or barbecue.

23. dani says:

This is wonderful! And seems to be easy :)

24. Tasha says:

If I may offer a suggestion – It’s very critical that the paper is double sided. Mine wasn’t and I found it was difficult to make the circles look seamless on the edges. Here’s my fail:

25. […] est une véritable mine d’or. Il est bourré d’idées et de tutoriels comme cette magnifique boule de papier. A suspendre ou à planter telle une fleur, elle épatera forcément les yeux de chacun.La […]

26. Suci Amalia says:

wow.. it's so cute.. how to make it?

27. N.k. says:

aku pernah bikin lampion ini waktu SD. gampang koq bikinnya..hehe

28. N.k. says:

buat beberapa lingkaran di kertas berwarna trs gunting kertas itu mengikuti pola lingkaran yg sudah dibentuk, terus dari kertas bentuk lingkaran itu, lipat tiga bagian sisinya biar jadi segi tiga. Lakukan hal yg sama buat kertas yg lain.
    Terus klo udah banyak, tinggal susun kertas segitiga itu supaya membentuk bola besar, rekatkan dengan lem..hehe

29. […] is another detail from my son’s 2nd Birthday party! I got the idea for these paper globes here and decided to make them a little bigger and turn them into a […]