12 Apr

Festival Du Bebe Shower – Sneak Peek

Masquerade Baby Shower Theme

I’m still waiting on some images from the Masquerade/Festival themed baby shower that I recently created for my friend Jen before I can do the full theme post, but I received some of the images from the (brilliant) photographer and was too excited not to at least do a little sneak peek =)

This theme was so much fun to work on! There’s a lot of crossover with Cirque Du Bebe, but I opted for several different colors this time + vibrant butterfly and Mardi Gras inspired details.

Masquerade Baby Shower Theme

Masquerade Baby Shower Theme

The Champagne/Cider bar was one of my favorite details… guests could start with champagne or non-alcoholic sparkling cider, then choose from a buffet of different mix-ins – like OJ or Chambord – to customize the bubbly to their liking!

Masquerade Baby Shower Theme

For additional “bubbles”, we also served sparkling water & sparkling sodas at the “bar”. Ikea has these fabulous translucent acrylic champagne glasses right now that are only $1 each, and the aqua & red colors they come in worked perfectly for the theme… I was so excited to stumble on them!

Masquerade Baby Shower Theme

Sneak peek at the party favors…

Masquerade Baby Shower Theme

Lots more details and images to come soon!

{Photo Credit: Jillian Bisinger Modern Photography}

Dognbird SAYS:

Love the fun colors and designs – can’t wait to see more!

Reply April 13, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Will you be sharing the PDF printables like you did for Cirque Du Bebe? I’m sure that all your dedicated readers would be grateful!

Reply April 14, 2010 at 5:49 am

Shandra Lenae SAYS:

Oh my goodness, my heart just skipped a beat! You have definately found what you are supposed to be doing!

Reply April 14, 2010 at 7:23 am

Thanks, Shandra! Designing the party themes is definitely my “happy place” :)

TNP – Yes – I’ll be sharing downloadables of the framed signs, and then the invitations, favor tags, etc will be available for purchase soon at PolkaDotDesign.com – where everything can be personalized with the guest of honor’s name, due date, etc :)

This design will also be available in a “Festival du LOVE” version for bridal showers :)

Reply April 14, 2010 at 8:56 am

Judith SAYS:

This design is fabulous from fonts to colors to the bar details!! AMAZING! Loving it and can’t wait to see more!

Reply April 14, 2010 at 10:22 am

Genevieve – Thanks for the shout out! :)

Reply April 15, 2010 at 9:36 am

Canada Flowers SAYS:

I loved how the colors didn’t overwhelm the overall design of the items. Nice balance.

Reply April 18, 2010 at 6:32 am

Diana SAYS:

What do you mean downloadables are available soon? Am I able to purchase the downloadables from your cirque de bebe? If so, how…? (love both of these!!!)

Reply April 24, 2010 at 9:23 pm

The Baby Shower Themes Lady SAYS:

The is a winderful baby shower theme. One of the main things that hit me is the colors.

They are bright, vibrant and really fresh.

Reply May 5, 2010 at 8:53 am

Marie Sandifer SAYS:

Hello! I am overjoyed to have found your website!! I am planning my shower and would like to know where to get the paper butterflies??

Reply June 29, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Marie –
Here are a few resources for artificial butterflies:

And you can usually find them at Michaels too.

Hope that helps! :)

Reply June 29, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Nora SAYS:

I am doing this theme for a baby shower the 1st week in August. Will you have any printables available for download by then?

Reply June 30, 2010 at 9:01 am

Hi Nora –

This entire collection for this theme is actually available for purchase at polkadotdesign.com now! You can customize each piece with the guest of honor’s name, initials, etc. Here’s the link:

Also – perfect timing because the full post on this shower is coming up tomorrow! :)

Reply June 30, 2010 at 9:33 am