Real Parties: Sugar & Spice Baby Shower

sugar and spice baby shower ideas

Today’s Real Party features a gorgeous take on the popular “Sugar and Spice” baby shower theme.

This chic chocolate & pink celebration was coordinated by event planner & shower hostess Kelly Balfour of Eventology Weddings and includes tons of super cute & inspiring details – like a homemade cookie buffet + carafes of chocolate, strawberry, & regular milk, adorable pink & brown ribbon accents on everything from the florals to the napkins, and seriously one of the cutest baby shower cakes I’ve ever seen!

sugar and spice baby shower ideas

Read on for lots of inspiring images and all the party details, as told by Kelly

sugar and spice baby shower ideas

It was a chocolate brown and strawberry pink kind of day, from the invitations right down to the table linens and fancy chairs.

sugar and spice baby shower ideas

Every detail was expertly attended to – from the paper lanterns hanging above, to a custom hand-made guestbook, right down to personalized place cards at each seat.

sugar and spice baby shower ideas

The florals were a mix of white hydrangeas and orchids that evoked a clean and natural feel. The vases were adorned with coordinating accents using ribbon and a button.

sugar and spice baby shower ideas

The linens were a soft baby-pink organza and the napkins were a rich bengaline chocolate fabric. Each was tied with a pink and brown coordinating ribbon.

sugar and spice baby shower ideas

The gorgeous spread of food included, among other things, such delicacies such as Apricot Almond Chicken Salad, Goat Cheese Truffles, Tuscan Stuffed Mushrooms, and Blue Cheese & Walnut Sandwiches.

sugar and spice baby shower ideas

The adorable cake was almost too cute to cut into! In honor of the mom-to-be’s favorite flavors and in an effort to coordinate with the shower colors, the top layer of the cake was strawberry and the bottom layer chocolate. DELICIOUS!

sugar and spice baby shower ideas

But the pièce de résistance was most definitely the cookie-buffet!

sugar and spice baby shower ideas

This table-spread included many varieties of homemade cookies and each guest was invited to pack a cute little brown bag full of cookies to take home as favors.

sugar and spice baby shower ideas

There was even an assortment of chocolate, strawberry, and regular milk to accompany the adorable cookies for guests who might want to nibble on the goodies throughout the shower.

sugar and spice baby shower ideas

The mom-to-be was overwhelmed and speechless upon entering the shower….so much so that it brought her to tears!

sugar and spice baby shower ideas

A wonderful time was had by all!”

VENDORS
Event Planner – Kelly Balfour of Eventology Weddings
PhotographyMonkey Tree Photography
FloralSpecial Arrangements
LinensDistinctive Details
Chiavari chairs, china & glasswareA Finer Event
CakeJulie Moncrief
Custom BannersEtsy
Paper Lanternsebay

49 responses to “Real Parties: Sugar & Spice Baby Shower”

1. Anetra says:

I love it!! So pretty.

2. Jennie says:

omg this look simliar to my sisters baby shower.

3. Oh! This is is the sweetest shower ever!

4. Lindsey says:

Simple and beautiful!!!! Love all the details!

5. Mrs. Green Tea on WeddingBee has posted about an adorable sugar+spice theme shower with some great DIY projects and templates:

6. Such a pretty party! The cake is incredible and the milk jugs are such are adorable. I absolutely love it!

7. Katy says:

so adorable! they made great use of the space as well

8. Kimberly B. says:

This is an adorable and gorgeous babyshower…..I hope my BFF has a girl so I can throw her a babyshower like this. She’s only 1 month preggars so don’t know yet. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration.

9. Jess says:

Wow absolutely beauitful! I am saving it for when it’s time for my best friends baby shower lol But honestly this could totally be a beauitful bridal shower to.

10. Elisha Akram says:

Beautiful! I love it!

11. Gray says:

So Beautiful! Didn’t miss one single detail. Probably the cutest shower cake I have ever seen!!!

12. Allison says:

What Etsy vendor did they use? Thanks!

13. The Fairy says:

Love the pink and brown color scheme. The milk carafes are too cute. Jess is totally right you could easily adapt this for a bridal shower or even a birthday.

14. […] Sugar & Spice Baby Shower from the hostess blog! Adorable Posted on March 31, 2010 by frostedevents Real Parties: Sugar & Spice Baby Shower. […]

15. I love it! That is home made elegance at its best! If I were the Mom-to be I would have cried too!

16. This is such a cute idea!! I can’t wait till one of my friends has a baby girl so I can borrow some of these ideas.

17. Courtney D. says:

I could not love this sweet party more! The little signs that are holding the food labels are awesome! I wonder where she got them. This is beautiful!!

18. Stacey says:

Pink & brown is my favorite color combination! Everythign is so cute! I especially like the milk bottles, cake and decorated cookies.

19. Love the color scheme and the cookies! YUM! Great idea to have the different milk flavors too!

20. I adore this baby shower. So many good ideas.

21. Mrs.T says:

LOOOOOOVE everything. And all the sweets look sooo yummy/

22. Oh goodness the look on mom’s face is so amazing. I love the icing on the cake with the shoe and shoelaces… it looks irresistable.

23. Kelly says:

Thank you all for the kind words.
    To answer your questions:
    Allison, the etsy seller that made the banners was: mbradleydesigns and she was a dream to work with.
    Courtney D, I made those little round food signs by simply printing the wording out on my home computer printer, then using a circle cutter. Then I made one larger circle as a mat background. Then I just added the little grosgrain ribbon.

24. Cheri says:

This so such a wonderful display of detail!! Perfect! Lots of good ideas!

25. What a beautiful shower!!

26. Jamie Lehr says:

I absolutely LOVE the pink and brown colors. The perfect color combo for a modern baby shower!

27. featherbed says:

Love this color combo :)

28. Sandra says:

I love everything about this shower…it is sooo cute!! You did such a great job!! Where did you get the vintage milk bottles? I love them!!

29. Pauline says:

OMG!!!! This is absolutely beautiful! The attention to detail is amazing. Stunning!

30. Kelly says:

The “vintage” milk bottles actually just came from Wal-mart and were only a couple bucks each! ;)

31. Nena says:

I absolutely love this theme, simply adorable. So much detail, thank you for posting. I really like the baby book, did you make it yourself? Did you use a template? Thank you

32. Erica says:

This is a very adorable theme!
    How did you make the guest book?
    What kind of did you use.
    It is so cute!

33. Kitkat says:

Did you also have any baby shower favors that went along wth the party theme? I would love to get some ideas. We are throwing a baby shower for my sister-in-law and we are using this theme. Thanks for the ideas…it’s absolutely georgeous!!!

34. Leia says:

How much does something like this run? Money wise, or is it if you have to ask you cant afford…..
    HAHAHAHA

35. Sarah says:

Hi,
    I was wondering if you could explain again how you made the food labels. I am dying to make some for my sister’s shower! I don’t understand how it was done.

Also, where did you find the things that are holding up the labels?

Thanks for any help!

36. Sandra says:

I can only imagine how surprise Mom-to-be was, as she walked in to such a beautiful baby shower party in honor of her and new baby.

37. Rachael says:

URGENT!!! Please tell me where to get those invitations!!!!

38. yamila says:

Hi, I would love to know how you made the GUEST BOOK? It is absolutely adorable.
    Thank you!!!