Real Parties: Alice in Wonderland Birthday

Alice in Wonderland Party Ideas

I stumbled upon this absolutely AMAZING Alice in Wonderland-inspired party on photographer Jessica Claire’s blog a while back, and even though it’s been almost 3 years since the party actually took place, it still remains as one of the most adorable kids parties I’ve ever seen…

Alice in Wonderland Party Ideas

It also feels especially timely to feature this theme right now with Disney’s new Alice in Wonderland movie by Tim Burton opening in theaters today… which I personally can’t wait to go see in IMAX 3D!

Something tells me there are going to be a LOT of “Wonderland” themed celebrations popping up this year… and hopefully for all ages –  I love the idea of tailoring the Wonderland theme to adult parties too – like milestone birthdays, bridal showers, and whimsical engagement parties!

Alice in Wonderland Party Ideas

This colorful tea party was actually a combined celebration for 3 different birthday girls, and each guest of honor received her own fabulously decked-out birthday girl chair:

Alice in Wonderland Party Ideas

The rest of the guest chairs were embellished with lots of brightly colored artificial flowers & greenery:

Alice in Wonderland Party Ideas

Place settings included real china tea cups, colorful utensils, rhinestone details for added sparkle, and a princess wand for each girl to decorate:

Alice in Wonderland Party Ideas

The ultra-creative “whimsical flower garden” featured giant flowers and an enchanted carousel horse with fairy wings!

Alice in Wonderland Party Ideas

Alice was even there to do a little face painting

Alice in Wonderland Party Ideas

… as well as a petting zoo, complete with lots of bunny rabbits, of course!

Alice in Wonderland Party Ideas

A couple more shots of the guests enjoying themselves… does this look like a fun party or what?!

Alice in Wonderland Party Ideas

Thanks so much to photographer Jessica Claire for all of the beautiful and “WONDERfully” inspiring images (pun intended)! =)

Alice in Wonderland Party Ideas

42 responses to “Real Parties: Alice in Wonderland Birthday”

1. WOW what stunning photos and unbelievable decor!!!

2. Michelle says:

I had a “Merry Unbirthday Mad Hatter Tea Party” for my birthday this year (my birthday was during the week, the party on the weekend, so technically it was my unbirthday the day of the party). Made everyone come in hats, put “eat me” and “Drink me” signs on things, a “through the looking glass” sign on the bathroom mirror, croquet sticks laying around, etc. It was fun!

3. That is too cute! It really looks like the kids had a great time.. Looks like I know what I am gonna do for my next birthday party!

4. Janelle says:

Wow, that’s quite the party! Love the chairs!!!

5. Donna says:

I drew a lot of inspiration from this party for my own. Please come take a peek!

6. What a gorgeous party! I love the feel of Alice in Wonderland…so ecelctic!

7. WOW this is stunning. So many details! The chairs are amazing! I can see a lot of time and money went into this. Did each girl get their own little cake? So cute!

8. Kristy says:

I absolutely ADORE this party. Mix, match, mismatch perfection. Visually stunning!

9. WOW! The color, details, perfect chaos is just incredible. I love the hanging lanterns.

10. I LOVE, LOVE this theme and hope it’s still trendy when my lil girl turns 5 later this yr!

11. Alice in Wonderland is definitely going to be all the rage this year. I love all the paper lanterns; we actually sell various colored paper lanterns and some other fun whimsical items that are perfect for this peculiar theme.

12. Laura says:

This party looks so familiar..I can’t remember who did this..it will come to me..
    Amazing..Amazing…love the chairs and the individual cake.

13. …and here is the party we created for an *ALICE* theme, shot by the same fab photographer!

14. Heather says:

this is incredible!!!

15. down bedding says:

Wow, what eye-popping amazing colors!!!!

16. Rowaida Flayhan says:

Beautiful Party

17. Lisa says:

Such a magical party! I love the tea cups for small children who would not normally be allowed near something so fragile. I love the “throw caution to the wind” very “wonderland” feel. I will be tucking these idea’s away!

18. When I saw this party about a year ago I gasped, the whimsy, color, creativity–all left me speechless. I love it! I too expect (and hope!) to see lots of Alice and Wonderland themed parties this year.

19. Leah says:

what a fabulous party – lots of great ideas here.

20. Every time I came to your blog , I get astonished by your creativity.

21. Joanna Chong says:

Loved this party! Planned a “Mad Hatter’s Tea Party” for a group of ladies last year that drew a lot of inspiration from this whimsical theme! Please share your thoughts!

22. Amanda says:

What a beautiful design! I can’t wait until my daughter is old enough to throw these kinds of parties for!

23. Indi says:

What a magical theme! I’m a bit Alice mad at the moment :)

24. […] darling kids’ party featured on Hostess with the Mostess, Japanese lanterns are […]

25. […] the Mostess blog is a great resource for party ideas, and their recent Real Party theme was an Alice in Wonderland tea party for a little girls birthday party. What a fabulous idea (I want a grown up version so I […]

26. […] more birthday party images visit HWTM. Jen’s blog is forever packed with inspiring celebration […]

27. Julianne says:

What a cute party, i’m sure any little girl would adore!

28. VICKY says:

I LOVE IT ….

29. Carla Rodriguez says:

Excelente Fiesta!!!!! Felicidades!!!….

30. lesley says:

very nice..i surely love it

31. Gina Gomez says:

This shows so much creativity! I always try to outdo myself every year. (I only have one daughter so lucky me!) But this is out of this world! Does this come naturally? It takes me all year to plan ONE party. Although I think i work better under pressure and deadline because that’s when i get the best ideas!

32. Renee says:

Fabulous tea party!

33. Renee says:

Love the decorations and colors!

34. Sarah says:

Where can I get those amazing strings of different lanterns?

35. Bird says:

Stunning party!!

36. Michelle says:

Just gorgeous!! The photography and detail are beautiful :) Couldn’t resist this for my blog :)

37. […] beautiful are these photos – and the detail in the party just makes me swoon! From the Hostess with the Mostess Bookmark […]