Weddings 03.12.10

A Bright & Cheery Summer Wedding

Quick Jump To » Vendor Credits | Comments

pink and orange summer wedding

Today’s Real Wedding feature is guaranteed to add a little sunshine to your day! This “Bright & Cheery Summer Wedding” was coordinated by Courtney of Joyful Weddings & Events, and the attention to detail is fantastic!

Prepare to be inspired by things like gorgeous, vibrant flower arrangements, a fabulous wheatgrass cake stand and dessert and candy buffets that are nothing short of amazing…

pink and orange summer wedding

And even though this particular event is a wedding, remember that there are some wonderful ideas that can be incorporated into ANY spring or summer celebration (on a much smaller scale, of course!)… from bridal showers and cocktail parties to Mother’s Day brunch.

For example:

• the simpler flower arrangements pictured directly above (each of which focuses on just one type of flower and adorable ribbon embellishments)
  • the paper lanterns and pictures of the guests of honor, both hung by fabric ribbon
  • cake pops from the dessert table displayed in decorative baking cups

pink and orange summer wedding

Read on for TONS of images and all the details, as told by Courtney

pink and orange summer wedding

“Chelsy and Greg, along with Chelsy’s adorable mom, contacted me to help them plan their wedding in Orange County from out of state. The wedding was definitely one of the cutest we have designed – infused with Chelsy and Greg’s vibrant personalities and splashes of cheery hot pink and orange.

I loved the bridesmaid’s J Crew dresses and adorable bouquets, designed by Carissa of JL Designs:

pink and orange summer wedding

Chelsy’s mom had the ruffled edge runners hand made and they looked darling against the white tablecloths, with Carissa’s fresh and cheery arrangements on top!

pink and orange summer wedding

We hung paper lanterns from trees, picture frames from bushes, and flower pomanders from hooks leading up the walkway into the reception.

pink and orange summer wedding

I love it when a client tells me that they want no detail overlooked. That’s right up our alley! Blonde Designs, (who also designed the wedding invitations), made custom water bottle labels, drink and food labels, and also cute labels for the favor boxes.

pink and orange summer wedding

The candy bar we designed and set up was a hit! I don’t think that there was ever a time that it was not swarming with guests…

pink and orange summer wedding

To create a unique display for the favor boxes, we covered a cork board in fabric (that matched the table runners) and pinned the boxes on with rhinestone-adorned pushpins.

pink and orange summer wedding

The highlight of the wedding, though, was definitely the dessert table that we designed with Melody of Sweet & Saucy Shop. I could not have been happier with how it turned out! (see image #1 – at the top of the post – for the full view)

pink and orange summer wedding

I crafted the fun backdrop and banner (both of which I can custom make for any event. Please contact me if you are interested).

pink and orange summer wedding

Melody’s desserts are cute as can be on their own, but add in the wheatgrass cake stand that Carissa of JL Designs made, fun paper details like decorative baking cups, and an adorable cake… and you’ve got a masterpiece!

pink and orange summer wedding

For the sweetheart table, we cut out Mr & Mrs letters (soon to be added to our etsy shop), adorned the couple’s chairs with ribbons, and gave the table some pop with mini pomanders, courtesy of JL Designs.”

pink and orange summer wedding
If you meet Chelsy & Greg for even a few minutes, you would fall in love with them. I was so happy to be a part of their celebration and looking at these pictures just makes me happy.

A huge thank you to Melissa Kelsey for the beautiful photos. Melissa flew out from Utah to shoot their wedding- so if you are getting married in Utah, definitely check out her website!”

Vendor Credit

75 responses to “A Bright & Cheery Summer Wedding”

1. In a word- delightful!

I love the idea of indulging all of your senses by combining the sweet and tart candies with fragrant florals and whimsical patterns!

I have no doubt that was a vibrant, fun-filled day for the happy couple and their guests!

2. shellybee says:

Loved the beverage dispenser that the punch was in. I just did a search and found it online at Target. They called it a “Polycarbonate Beverage Dispenser”

3. Ebony Sparkes says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS! The dessert table is so Amy Atlas’ish’…….

Ebony
    sparklingeventdesigns.blogspot.com

4. I adore the backdrop on that candy buffett! The colors are gorgeous too. Everything looks wonderful.

5. […] We have been so honored to be featured on two of our favorite blogs this week. First up, Chelsy & Greg’s cheery orange and pink wedding was featured on Hostess with the Mostess. You can see the post here. […]

6. CiCi says:

Pretty, pretty, cute, cute!!!

7. Paula says:

Here is another fun wedding . I love the simplicity of her dress

8. Leticia says:

I love every single detail! What a gorgeous party!

9. […] A St. Patty’s Day cupcake with Guinness, Bailey’s and Jameson… via Gwyneth Paige A bright and cheery wedding via Hostess […]

10. I love all of the sweet stuff from the dessert table to the candy buffet. Tasty and colorful and cheery!

11. Angela Hudson says:

Courtney, I know this is an odd … but the pushpins on which the chinese takeout boxes are hanging … can you tell me where those are found? They appear to have a little rhinestone on the tip? I would love these for my office cork board. Thank you!!

12. The Wedding Contessa says:

Bright! Beautiful! So whimsical and fun! Love everything from the desserts, flowers, and the bush with the photos, the lanterns! Awesome wedding decor!

13. Samantha says:

I love everything about this wedding, down to the hanging photos and candy jars. Beautiful touches, and amazing photography! Thank you for sharing!

14. Meghan says:

Wow I Absolutely LOVE It! This Is Exactly How I Want My Wedding 2 Look. I Would Just Want 2 Add Some Yellow Stuff As Well! How Much Would Something Like This Cost?

15. Angela says:

This wedding was absolutely amazing! Thank you for sharing this …it is such an inspiration. I was hoping you might be able to tell me where you found the bright colored swirl lollipops? I would love to purchase these for my daughter’s birthday party. Thanks so much!

16. Jenn @ HWTM says:

Angela –
    I’m not sure where those exact lollipops were purchased, but I know you can purchase Whirly Pops like those in all different styles at CandyWarehouse.com – here’s the direct link:

Good luck! :)

17. Lori H. says:

I Love everything!! I’m planning my sisters hot pink and orange bridal shower and I’ve got so many more ideas now!

18. Sarah says:

I looove the backdrop of their sweetheart table.

This is the type of wedding we should all want. Years from now when their grandchildren are looking through their wedding album, they will see all of the personality hiding in every little detail!

Also, I love how they pulled off such a bright color scheme. Pink/Orange/Green is so rare, but can be so trendy!

19. FormalandBizarreCreations (FAB) says:

Absolutely Inspirational!! I love everything about this.

20. Melissa says:

The vibrant colors set a wonderful mood for any happy occasion especially the wedding. The candy bar was such a great idea and fit in so well the the bright and bold color scheme.

21. Paola @designsbypaola.blogspot.com says:

I love this wedding, it is so young and fun!! what pretty colors and how creative. Everything is full of details!

22. courtney says:

this is my dream wedding. how much did you end up spending?

23. courtney says:

this is my dream wedding! What was the budget range?

24. Montana says:

Hey Court!

Thank you so much for using us at your SWEET wedding ;-) Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with! The pictures look wonderful, and I love the candy theme!! I am going to write a blog about your wedding, it was just so beautiful; I will shoot you the link once it’s up! Best of luck with your future plans!

Take Care,
    Montana

25. […] they want to fill their box (and bonus, you get the rest) The candy bar is a great idea! My dream wedding In that link these people did a candy bar, only they did it with gummies and other candies that […]

26. Chelsy (Bride) says:

Courtney,
    This was my dream wedding too! :) And I don’t know the end price for everything but let’s just say for EVERYTHING (including dress, pictures, hotel rooms, and we had two receptions, etc) was about 45,000. That’s my guess. My parents paid for it (I AM LUCKY!) but we were planning it out of state, so we hired Courtney to help us :)

27. one blog very inspired! I adore the concept .
    light decoration, of good taste . congratulations

it would like to invite for a visit to mine blog. I wait that they like http://mogemug.blogspot.com

28. Anne L. says:

i love the candy buffet! what an inspiration. Everything is beautiful

29. Courtney G. says:

Awwwww sweet! I am doing my first candy buffet for a friend and you are now my hero!

30. I love the color scheme. Very classy. Hope it went well!

31. […] Bright and Cheery Summer Wedding at Hostess For The Mostess […]

32. […] flowers and cupcakes. They are cute and pretty and don’t overstay their welcome. I found some cute floral arrangements and some silk scented flowers that can do double duty if they are invited to stay for a while. […]

33. linda says:

what a happy couple they are! the wedding is so gorgeous!

34. {pressrelease} - Unique Wedding Day says:

[…] trademarks of Vocus, Inc. or Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC. AP9 GalleriaUSA Helps Consumers Find the Best Attire When Attending a Spring or Summer Wedding &#13… […]

35. […] Pic 1    Pic 2     Pic 3 […]