Weddings 03.12.10

A Bright & Cheery Summer Wedding

pink and orange summer wedding

Today’s Real Wedding feature is guaranteed to add a little sunshine to your day! This “Bright & Cheery Summer Wedding” was coordinated by Courtney of Joyful Weddings & Events, and the attention to detail is fantastic!

Prepare to be inspired by things like gorgeous, vibrant flower arrangements, a fabulous wheatgrass cake stand and dessert and candy buffets that are nothing short of amazing…

pink and orange summer wedding

And even though this particular event is a wedding, remember that there are some wonderful ideas that can be incorporated into ANY spring or summer celebration (on a much smaller scale, of course!)… from bridal showers and cocktail parties to Mother’s Day brunch.

For example:
the simpler flower arrangements pictured directly above (each of which focuses on just one type of flower and adorable ribbon embellishments)
the paper lanterns and pictures of the guests of honor, both hung by fabric ribbon
cake pops from the dessert table displayed in decorative baking cups
… and much more!

pink and orange summer wedding

Read on for TONS of images and all the details, as told by Courtney

pink and orange summer wedding

“Chelsy and Greg, along with Chelsy’s adorable mom, contacted me to help them plan their wedding in Orange County from out of state. The wedding was definitely one of the cutest we have designed – infused with Chelsy and Greg’s vibrant personalities and splashes of cheery hot pink and orange.

I loved the bridesmaid’s J Crew dresses and adorable bouquets, designed by Carissa of JL Designs:

pink and orange summer wedding

Chelsy’s mom had the ruffled edge runners hand made and they looked darling against the white tablecloths, with Carissa’s fresh and cheery arrangements on top!

pink and orange summer wedding

We hung paper lanterns from trees, picture frames from bushes, and flower pomanders from hooks leading up the walkway into the reception.

pink and orange summer wedding

I love it when a client tells me that they want no detail overlooked. That’s right up our alley! Blonde Designs, (who also designed the wedding invitations), made custom water bottle labels, drink and food labels, and also cute labels for the favor boxes.

pink and orange summer wedding

The candy bar we designed and set up was a hit! I don’t think that there was ever a time that it was not swarming with guests…

pink and orange summer wedding

To create a unique display for the favor boxes, we covered a cork board in fabric (that matched the table runners) and pinned the boxes on with rhinestone-adorned pushpins.

pink and orange summer wedding

The highlight of the wedding, though, was definitely the dessert table that we designed with Melody of Sweet & Saucy Shop. I could not have been happier with how it turned out! (see image #1 – at the top of the post – for the full view)

pink and orange summer wedding

I crafted the fun backdrop and banner (both of which I can custom make for any event. Please contact me if you are interested).

pink and orange summer wedding

Melody’s desserts are cute as can be on their own, but add in the wheatgrass cake stand that Carissa of JL Designs made, fun paper details like decorative baking cups, and an adorable cake… and you’ve got a masterpiece!

pink and orange summer wedding

For the sweetheart table, we cut out Mr & Mrs letters (soon to be added to our etsy shop), adorned the couple’s chairs with ribbons, and gave the table some pop with mini pomanders, courtesy of JL Designs.”

pink and orange summer wedding
If you meet Chelsy & Greg for even a few minutes, you would fall in love with them. I was so happy to be a part of their celebration and looking at these pictures just makes me happy.

A huge thank you to Melissa Kelsey for the beautiful photos. Melissa flew out from Utah to shoot their wedding- so if you are getting married in Utah, definitely check out her website!”

The whole vendor line up:

*Venue: Mile Square Golf Course

*Florist: JL Designs

*Cake & Sweets: Sweet and Saucy Shop

*Photography: Melissa Kelsey

*Rentals: Classic Party Rentals

*Stationery: Blonde Designs

*Hair & Makeup: Lashes to Locks

*Lighting: Classic Party Rentals & South Coast Christmas Lighting

*Photobooth: FotoCabina

*DJ: Dahl Brothers

*Banners and Cake backdrop: JoyfulJoyful (Joyful Weddings & Events on Etsy)

75 responses to “A Bright & Cheery Summer Wedding”

1. Jen Gentry says:

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Love it all!!

2. Gorgeous! Love all the tiny details. Those were my exact colors from our wedding. Makes me want to get married all over again!

3. Yay! Thank you so much for featuring this wedding Jenn! It was one of our favorites from last year and it is so fun to revisit all of the details. We love your blog!

4. Tamar M says:

Love it.. Absolutely Fab…

5. JL_DESIGNS says:

thanks for the feature jen! it brightened my day ;) xoxo, c

6. Kellee says:

Loving the fresh color palette! I’m not suprised how fantastic it looks considering that Carissa, Melody, & Courtney were involved! :) Very very pretty! :)

7. Elisha Akram says:

Beautiful! I love all the details… ! So very pretty!

8. Chelsy says:

AH! Thanks for featuring my wedding! It was absolutely fabulous! I couldn’t have asked for a better wedding :)

9. Michelle T says:

I LOOVVEE this color scheme. I especially love the frames hanging in the hedges.

10. The Fairy says:

Absolutely stunning color combo!

11. Rowaida Flayhan says:

Gorgeous, I love the color scheme amazing!

12. cammi says:

OMG – I love this! I just planned a hot pink and orange birthday party for my cousin’s 25th birthday… The colors are great together. All the details of this wedding are great!

13. Oh, I adore this! It is so happy and cheerful. The backdrop blows my mind! LOVE it!

14. Gray says:

Beautiful!! I love the colors and the candy bar!

15. Marcie says:

I LOVE these ideas! I used pink and orange for my wedding colors this fall. I actually bought pink and orange paper lanterns that were gorgeous. Great ideas!

16. Alvord Grandparents says:

It was a beautiful wedding reception. We thought you did a fabulous job.

17. Aunt Christy says:

Loved being at every minute of this great event! We are all fatter because of the candy bar—LOVED IT!! Great taste from the bride, groom, and mom of the bride!

18. The Mr. and Mrs. table was decorated beautifully. And …you have to love the Chinese Take Out boxes that just yell for personalization.

19. What a fabulous display! I love it all…from the cheerful backdrop to that incredible candy buffet.

20. kim says:

I just LOVE this. Wondering where the containers for the candy and lemonade came from? Also where can I get some wheat grass like that? I am wanting to do something like this for a baby shower! Any help would be great!

21. Paula says:

I love the colors. It’s a good combination. I personally wouldn’t pick these colors for wedding, but they are very pretty and a lot of fun. I love the idea of the pictures hanging on the bushes, and all the details on the tables, and how everything is personalized. And it’s a great idea to have the candy favors at one table and the boxes on the side, it kind of brings me back to when I was a kid at Halloween (great memories). I’m having having a housewarming party soon and I might just steal a couple of ideas here.

22. julie says:

LOVE!

23. Chelsy says:

For the chinese boxes, you can google “personalized chinese boxes”. Here is one website:

And the lemonade containers we actually borrowed from my aunt! She just happened to have them so, can’t help there! Sorry! And our florist did the wheat grass, so I bet you could go to a flower place and find some!

good luck!

24. Julianne says:

Love this wedding. I especially love the backdrop for the sweets and the photos in the bushes.

25. Hi Kim!

You can get the boxes really inexpensively at Paper mart http://www.papermart.com. If you are talking about the glass containers that the candy is in, I have gathered those over the years from Michaels, Target and floral wholesale locations. If you have a Homegoods by you, that is always a great spot to look.

You can get beverage dispensers similar to the ones the bride’s aunt provided at Costco or at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

You can get wheatgrass flats from a local florist, or you can also check with a healthfood store (GNC) or a market (Whole Foods or Jimbos). Sometimes local farmers at farmers markets have it available as well.

Hope that helps!

26. Kimberly Bee says:

What a lovely lovely wedding!!! Thanks for all the party inspiration. Very pretty also for a summer little girl babyshower. My heart is happy from all the pretty decor…. Wonderful eye candy!

27. down bedding says:

Such sweet details throughout – LOVE all the vibrant color :)

28. Ashley says:

PERFECT! My kind of colors!

29. Ritu says:

I just loved the colors u picked n the way u played with it..

30. suzi says:

marvelous love the way you setup the whole thing love you dear

31. Oh my GORGEOUS! I am planning my daughter’s Fairy Garden birthday party in these exact colors…and this is such an inspiration! WOW!

32. Latoya says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

33. The colorful deserts and the colorful food is just amazing, this is a very lively colors and it looks amazing.

34. Oh! This wedding is so pretty! I love the vibrant colors, and the flowers makes it all very blooming wedding.

35. StaceyM says:

GORGEOUS and so inspiring. I especially love the bride and groom table. Wonderful execution of a fabulous idea. Congratulations.

36. Nikki says:

This is exactly what I have in mind for my wedding. I am so excited to see it come to life. Now I have the confidence that it will work out!

37. This is so wonderful! The colours are amazing.

38. Lisa Webster says:

What a beautiful reception. I wish we could have attended. Congratulations!

39. In a word- delightful!

I love the idea of indulging all of your senses by combining the sweet and tart candies with fragrant florals and whimsical patterns!

I have no doubt that it was a vibrant, fun-filled day for the happy couple and their guests!