REAL PARTIES: Fairy Sweet Birthday Party

fairy birthday party ideas

Today’s Real Party feature looks like every little girl’s dream! This adorable “Fairy Sweet” theme was created by Erin Volante for her (equally adorable!) daughter Amelia’s birthday celebration.

The colorful party features a fabulous combination of magical fairies and dazzling sweet treats like pixie stix, a pink & purple toadstool cake, pink marshmallows, and more… what’s not to love?!

fairy birthday party ideas

Read on for all the details, as told by Erin, and TONS of beautiful images from photographer Sarah Maxey, who caught all of the magic on camera…

fairy birthday party ideas

“When Amelia decided she wanted a fairy party for her birthday (MANY months before the actual date) my brain went into overdrive… I was thrilled to have a theme that wasn’t based off of a particular show or character!  Leaves more room for imagination!

fairy birthday party ideas

We lucked out and got a beautiful fall day. We started the party off inside, and the girls each decorated little paper bags…

fairy birthday party ideas

They used these bags for the party game that I’d planned – an outdoor “fairy scavenger hunt” complete with sweet little fairy doors. The girls were asked to find a glittery pinecone, an autumn leaf, a bag of fairy dust, a magic wand, a pretty feather, etc. (My back-up plan was to move the game indoors if the weather was bad.)

fairy birthday party ideas

When the girls had all gathered their goods, we also had a sweet little fairy tea party outside. We read a few fairy stories and they just played… lots of running, giggling and ring around the rosie!

fairy birthday party ideas

The fairy doors were a big hit… the pink one is still on the tree in our front lawn and Amelia checks it every single morning to look for sleeping fairies!

fairy birthday party ideas

We then went in to have cake (and LOTS of sweets!).

fairy birthday party ideas

A super-sweet friend made the cake for me, and although we had a slight disaster (my poor husband was tortured by this project), it turned out really adorable and Amelia could not have been more thrilled with how her request for a pink and purple toadstool turned out.

fairy birthday party ideas

We also had cupcakes, “pixie stix”, marshmallows, m&m’s, all kinds of good sweets at the request of the birthday girl.

fairy birthday party ideas

I made “fairy berries” with inspiration from an old Martha Stewart idea I found online (although mine were a MUCH simpler version… come on, these kids are 3 and 4! Do they really know the difference between whipped cream in a can and the kind you slave over the stove for?!)

Shopping Details & Resources:
I kept my eyes open for MONTHS leading up to the party, picking things up here and there as I found them on clearance racks, dollar aisles, and as I had ideas. This way it doesn’t seem so overwhelming the week of the party.

The fairy cake topper is from etsy seller Wee Cute Treasures
The fairy doors are from etsy/ebay seller Primitive Workshop.
I made the sign using scrapbook paper that i already owned.
I made the twine/flower pom vines based on this tutorial.
I made the butterfly headbands with wired glitter butterflies that I picked up at the floral wholesalers, but they were super easy to do!”

Flowers by Erin Volante
Hosted by Julie Rush
Photography by Sarah Maxey

fairy birthday party ideas

Thanks again to Erin & Sarah for all the wonderful party inspiration! The party looks absolutely adorable!

38 responses to “REAL PARTIES: Fairy Sweet Birthday Party”

1. Kathryn says:

This party is way too cute! I just adore the little fairy doors – so clever!

2. Courtney D. says:

Love the fairy idea! The cake is precious and so many neat ideas to inspire! Thanks Jenn for showcasing this darling party!

3. Susan says:

Beautiful pictures! And the treat buffet looks amazing – I’m sure the girls were going crazy over it!

4. Rowaida Flayhan says:

WOW!!! so sweet love the idea amazing, love the cake

5. Alisha says:

omg, this is so cute, very creative, I loved everything. must have been one happy little birthday girl! =)

6. Becky B says:

What a dreamy party. The fairy door is so precious. What a great way to remember such a fun and special day.

7. The WV Girls says:

This is my dream come true! Thanks for sharing…I am 32 years old and I want this for my own birthday! LOL!

8. Reagan says:

Love it! Very nice job! It is all beautiful as always!

9. Taylor says:

This is the cutest party ever! I’m putting it in my to do birthday theme’s folder!

10. Angelica says:

Oh, if it’s not just the sweetest…!!!

11. Laura says:

love fairy parties..

12. Tanya Munoz says:

AH! LOVE IT! I want one for myself :)

13. Kimberly B. says:

I would love to have attended this party even as old as I am…..(a little over 30). Such an adorable party. Everything looks perfect.

14. this is way too cute n pretty pretty pretty…I love each and every detail of the party! Especially the hunt!

15. Tina B says:

This makes me want to have kids (just so I can throw a Birthday Party like this)!

16. This party is out of control cute. I can’t wait for my baby girl to be able to enjoy festivities like this. My hat goes off to whoever planned this party and I LOVE the door on the tree! ADORABLE!

17. This party looks like so much fun. I love the wings and the cake.

18. This is a way cute party! I loved all the thought, work and creativity that went into it. It was picture perfect!

19. Beautiful party!!!!! Thanks so much for the great pics of our fairy doors! I hope the girls loved them!!!!

20. This is amazing… makes me wanna be 7 all over again!

21. What a cute party! My daughter had a Fairy party last year. We also planted a fairy garden.

22. Janneke says:

ooohh, so many cute ideas!! awesome!

23. Ade says:

I love the Pinwheel short sleeve wrap.

24. Liz says:

where did you get those paper plates from? this is an ADORABLE party!!! LOVE IT!

25. Liz says:

ADORABLE PARTY!!!! Where did you get the paper plates from, love them!

26. Just BEAUTIFUL! WOW! What a lucky little girl!

27. Rochelle says:

Sooo cute! I love the cake and the birthday sign!

28. nicole says:

I love this theme and have done a few takes on it.The little girl theme of
    FAIRY LANDhttp://albums.phanfare.com/7199046/3361696#imageID=59929082
    FAIRY WORLD:http://albums.phanfare.com/7199046/3268881#imageID=58478711

Also for tweens..FAIRY HUNTERS SOCIETY:

29. Niina says:

What a wonderful party! My 4 year old daughter and I have decided to host a fairy party for 6 friends of hers in June before the end of the school year (we live in Barcelona in Spain). So thank you, I´ve found so many great ideas for our party just looking at these great photos.

30. grace says:

Great idea and well executed! My daughter wants a similar theme for her party. Where did you get the tutus and wings? Did you have the girls bring their own or did you provide it for the guests?

31. Maria says:

We celebrated my daughter’s six birthday at Fairies and Dragons and it was an absolute success!

32. Ysabel says:

Omg too too cute.. Just wondering what kind of camara do you have the takes great pictures and also if you could help me with my son 2nd birthday like what creative things could i use

33. […] photo has come from this blog and shows how simply a you can create the atmosphere of magic. Think outdoors, think glitter, use […]

34. […] au fost luate de aici. Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. from → […]

35. very amazing and cute baby parties.i like it.

36. Maren says:

Love love love your party photos! So inspirational!
    I am curious what kind of headbands you used and how exactly you made them with the butterflies attached…they are so sweet?
    Please let me know as I hope to do the same for my daughters bday party!

37. […] was inspired by other fabulous “fairy” themed parties seen on HWTM, including this one (Fairy Sweet) and this one (Enchanted Fairy) along with a few other ideas I was dreaming […]