Baby Showers 02.18.10

Jungle Baby Shower Theme {Chic & Stylish}

jungle themed baby shower ideas

I received the following question from a reader recently:

Q: “I would like to see a jungle theme party on your site unless you already have one that I couldn’t find. I’m throwing a jungle themed baby shower for my sister in June and I came to your site first to look for one. I didn’t see one so I thought I would make the suggestion.”

A: My initial thought was to direct Linda to the Wild Thing Baby Shower Theme that I created for Parents.com a while back, but since it’s been over a year since that piece was first published, I thought it would be fun to update and expand on it a bit today…

jungle themed baby shower ideas

Sooo… here’s a brand new inspiration board for a “Chic & Stylish” Jungle Themed Baby Shower (kind of a more “grown up” take on this popular baby shower theme!).

jungle themed baby shower ideas

STARTING FROM THE TOP:

Table Centerpieces: feature “jungle-y” leaves and greenery in vases with a woodgrain texture and surround them with toy animal figurines.

Banana Bunches also make for great, inexpensive centerpieces! Hang them from banana holders, like this Chrome Banana Holder Tree ($8.99 at Amazon), or display them in contemporary white bowls or glass cylinder vases.

Opt for jungle-inspired tableware, like cool Animal Print Plates & Napkins and Banana Leaf Table Runners.

Drinks: The bright green & yellow hues of Izze’s Sparkling Apple and Clementine flavors work great with this theme, as well as the deep brown accents on Dry Soda’s Madagascar Vanilla bottles.

Set out some color-coordinating treats for guests to munch on, like these gorgeous macarons by Paulette, in Sicilian Pistachio, Caramel, and Madagascar Vanilla.

(Another idea: add banana chips and green/yellow/brown m&ms to Sweet & Salty Honey Nut Chex Mix or another favorite party mix…super easy, AND this could actually double as filler for your party favors!)

jungle themed baby shower ideas

Plush Toy Animals make for great accent decor (or centperpieces) that double as gifts for baby after the shower. To keep the look on the “chic” side, shop for cute, yet contemporary designs – like this adorable, knitted “Simon the South African Lion” from Etsy seller Mama4earth or Cloud B’s Gentle Giraffe Plush Sound Machine (pictured below).

jungle themed baby shower ideas

Use inexpensive toy animal figurines to dress up place settings. (The figurines pictured above are only .29 cents each and drop to .20 cents each when you order more than 11 pieces!) Embellish folded napkins with a band of ribbon and a figurine, or utilize them as place card holders.

Animal Print Boxes ($3/set of 12 at Oriental Trading Company) make for great theme-oriented party favor packaging.

Add a festive vibe with fun Safari Print Paper Lanterns! Just hang them with fishing wire or ribbon – no electricity/light bulbs required, especially for daytime parties! ($12.99/set of 3 at World Market)

jungle themed baby shower ideas

Last but not least, why not break from the typical baby shower cake and try serving up (or even incorporating) a unique dessert option, like one of these banana-themed treats:

Grilled Bananas Foster
Bread Pudding with Chocolate Chunks and Bananas
Banana Cream Pie
Caramelized Banana Tart
Banana Pecan Biscotti Spiked with Cinnamon and Cardamom

Hope that helps, Linda! Now I kind of want an excuse to create and shoot this theme myself! =)

P.S. There are SO many different directions you could go with a theme like this, so if anyone has additional ideas, inspiration boards, or suggestions, please feel free to post a comment and share them below!

49 responses to “Jungle Baby Shower Theme {Chic & Stylish}”

1. Ellen Battenhouse says:

I just recieved my jungle alphabet & number posters for a baby shower gift from The Paper Tray on Etsy, they are adorable!

I love everything you suggested! The food looks yummy.

2. Sandy says:

so very cute! mmm those macaroons look delish!

3. Tasha says:

I just did this shower! I did passport style invitations and the theme was “Wild About Cole” – the baby’s name. I used those exact plates with baby blue chargers and filled vases with sand and grass and exotic feathers for centerpieces. I gave cookie cutters in the shape of jungle animals for favors. It was SO fun!

4. Heather says:

I love all of your ideas! I want to have this party now – baby shower or just because! :)

5. olivia s. says:

I love these new ideas for a jungle themed shower! Taht lion plush is the cutest ever!

6. rachel says:

Animal crackers!! So cute to fill the take-out boxes.

7. Angelena says:

I love it! I’ve been looking for a chic “Jungle Theme” as I’m giving my son a first birthday and the theme is “King of the Jungle” Thank you!

8. Monique says:

What a great party idea! I actually used the same zebra print napkins in black and white and the World Market Zebra paper lanterns for a “Red, White and Zebra” baby shower that I planned.

9. Sammie says:

Wow what cute ideas! We had an outdoor shower last summer and hung little stuffed monkeys in the trees. Also served banana Runts candies in candy dishes. Then I printed out jungle-themed water bottle labels and candy bar wrappers from http://www.PrintItBaby.com – they were a hit!

10. Great theme update! And who doesn’t love animal prints?! Those lanterns are awesome!

11. Kristen Torres says:

So cute!! Tasha- do you have any pics of the shower you threw. I would love to see your ideasa and how it turned out:)

12. Love this! That lion is beyond precious. Love the menu suggestions, and table runner! You never disappoint! Thanks for sharing these marvelous ideas!!!

Kindly
    Kate Landers
    Event Planner
    Kate Landers Events, LLC

13. Katie says:

It would be SO CUTE to have these little treats that look like a “zebra stripe!” http://penandpaperflowers.blogspot.com/2010/02/all-it-takes.html

14. Jackie says:

i AM LOVING THE ANIMAL PRINT PAPER LANTERNS!!! FABULOUS :)

15. Tasha says:

Yes, Kristen I have oodles of pics. How do I get them to you?

16. what is this vanilla soda you speak of? YUMM

17. Sonya says:

Tasha-Would you mind forwarding pics to me as well? I would LOVE to see how your event turned out. I think I may switch the shower I am hosting in April to this theme. So cute!

18. I did a very similiar theme for my childs birthday but you could easily use elements of it and turn it into a baby shower. Here is the link http://enchantedexpectations.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-recently-completed-another-fabulous.html

19. Heather says:

Thanks for the post! Am hosting an animal themed birthday party for my daughter and I think a lot of these ideas could work really well!

• Christianne says:

Tasha, can you tell me how you made that banner? I am doing a jungle shower for a friend next month, and I’ve been stuck on what kind of banner to make. That one i sreally cute. What is it made out of?

20. MC says:

enchanted expectations – very nice party! where did you get the costumes for the kids? thanks!

21. I love this theme! Such a chic and fun take on it!

The little animals are a great and inexpensive idea to jazz up the tables!

22. I just love Simon the South African Lion!!!!! I will have to go see Mamma4earth over on Etsy!

23. Such lovely choices for a themed party! I love that little lion named simon!

24. Woolies says:

Everything is so adorable, just love this theme!
    Especially love Simon!

25. Linda says:

The frog diaper cake on my etsy site would be a perfect centerpiece for a jungle theme.

26. nice post, amazing theme, thanks for sharing. i have some information about party rentals. if you are interested then visit this link

27. Grace says:

Hi- I love this theme! I wanted to use a zebra or leopard print border but what can I do to baby it up….otherwise I think it looks to girly and not enough like a baby shower invitation……any ideas??? I can use a fun font but what else to make it more baby theme??

28. jenn s. says:

Hi Grace –
    Maybe embellish the invites with a band of yellow ric-rack ( http://bit.ly/9XmJTy ) and/or some simple & contemporary green or white buttons to give it a “cute” feel and subtly allude to the theme without being overly “babyish”…

29. Monique says:

MC, I got them online at making- believe.com. The price has however gone up since I bought them.

30. Hello! I love reading the Hostess blog and website for decorating ideas! We are adopting our son from Taiwan and I just had my baby shower last weekend.

The shower was a “Lion/Asian” inspired theme. We blended the Lion theme were designing for Ethan’s nursery and the Asian theme to blend with Ethan’s culture. :) We had a blast and everything came out so lovely!

You can check out the pictures here if you’d like: http:[email protected]/sets/72157623438622251/

Just thought I’d share in the joy of my baby shower day – since I saw this safari theme blog post!

31. Jenean Davis says:

This is a fabulous idea! It’s given me a lot of inpiration for an upcoming jungle themed shower that I’m planning, for April. Loved going to everyone’s links and getting more ideas(so many great ones…my head just might explode)! :)

Melissa…I really like the paperware you used for the Lion/Asian themed shower. Where did you find the “King of the Jungle” plates, etc.?

32. Evonne Pankowski says:

Jenean…I am Melissa’s twin sister!! We purchased the King of the Jungle party stuff online @ partycity.com. It is still on sale too!!!

33. Misty says:

I just did this shower, as well. We did a green and brown, instead of animal prints. The venue was a Syrian restaurant, equiped with palm trees and mostly jungle-like decor. I had tissue paper poms above the cake/gift table. I put “Sophie the Giraffe” in the middle of the cup cake stand. I also served fruit kabobs.

34. This is a great theme to throw and with all the wonderful products you can buy for this theme, or you may even have things around your house you can use, it makes it really easy to pull this theme together.

I love the jungle effect favor bags. They are so with this theme. Really adorable.

35. baby shower lady says:

36. Ginger Gordon says:

I am planing to do this theme for my sister’s co-ed shower. Found wonderful vinyl wall decorations on amazon in safari animal silhouettes. Very chic idea. Also planing on making or ordering zebra cupcakes.