28 Jan

Sneak Peek: Masquerade Invites & More

Sneak Peek: Masquerade Invites & More

Here’s a sneak peek at some new invites I recently designed for an upcoming baby shower… featuring a new masquerade-inspired party theme that’s been so much fun to work on!

For extra “festivity”, the final invitations were embellished with adhesive craft rhinestones (on the butterfly antennae), Opal Stardream Envelopes, and hand-stamping on the front & back of the envelope (images of ornate birds & butterflies).

The “Festival Du Bebe” theme will incorporate a lot of the same elements/ideas as Cirque Du Bebe (gotta love it when you can reuse!), but will feature a more extensive color palette and some fun additions like gems, glittery butterflies, and mardi gras beads.

Sneak Peek: Masquerade Invites & More

And because this theme could easily translate for a bridal shower or adult birthday/cocktail party, I’ll also be creating versions of both the invite & the theme that are tailored to those occasions as well…which brings me to another fun announcement that I’ve been excited to share for quite a while, but wanted to wait until we got a bit closer to being ready:

We’ll be launching a new collection of HWTM invitations this summer with coordinating return address labels, favor stickers, gift tags, napkin rings, announcements, and more this summer… all designed to help make recreating the themes that you see here (as well as additional themes) that much easier!

The new line will be available online at PolkaDotDesign.com, and every single piece can be personalized with your own custom text. You can even customize the text yourself using Polka Dot’s online digital design studio, or just send them your text and a typesetter at PD will do it for you (so easy!).

{This “Masquerade Butterfly” design will be included in the HWTM collection, as well as several of the other invites/themes that I’ve featured here before. Multiple colorways will also be available for most designs so that you can tailor them for a boy, girl, or gender-neutral occasion.}

Stay tuned for more details… And I’m still in the process of designing new pieces, so if you have any suggestions for specific themes you’d like to see invitations designed for – maybe something you had a hard time finding in the past, please feel free to suggest them in the comments section. Thank you!

(UPDATE – 5/5) The launch date is of the new line is still unknown as a few other important projects had to take precedence, but it’s still definitely coming… the target timing is sometime this June.)

25Comments

Bonnie SAYS:

YAYYYYY!!!!! I can’t wait until it’s launched!

Reply January 28, 2010 at 11:36 am

Gigi SAYS:

OMG! I can hardly wait for this to launch, Jen!!! We love to come here and “pick your brain” so to speak! …maybe you could throw in some seasme street, candyland, dr. seuss or a little miss and mr men to your mix of HWTM invitation line….!

Reply January 28, 2010 at 11:41 am

Julianne SAYS:

Oh wow can’t wait to see the invites and the rest of the line.

Could you let me know where you foudn those butterflies, I have been looking for something similar!

Cheers!

Reply January 28, 2010 at 11:55 am

Ivy Colon SAYS:

Wow!! Love this!!! Cant wait for the invite launch :) Whohooooo!!!!

Reply January 28, 2010 at 11:55 am

Ally SAYS:

My best friend (who was a French major in college) is having a baby, and I love your Cirque Du Bebe theme. I was seriously just thinking this morning that it would be nice to incorporate some of those ideas into a Mardi Gras theme since she currently lives in Louisiana. Thank you for reading my mind! I look forward to seeing more!

Reply January 28, 2010 at 11:58 am

Jocelyn SAYS:

I really wish this site’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah invitations were as interesting as most of the others. Totally self-serving, of course, since I’m trying to find something fabulous for my daughter. Not easy.

Reply January 28, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Daisies Of Our Lives SAYS:

Camping (Camp Out Style) theme!!!! I had to make my own since I couldn’t find any non-cheesy ones on- line for my son’s 1st birthday party last month!

Reply January 28, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Jessica SAYS:

I used your ideas for the Bedtime stories themed baby shower but couldn’t find any invites that went well with this theme.

Reply January 28, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Tina- Bash Event Studio SAYS:

Congrats, I can’t wait. Great Baby Shower theme as well.

Reply January 28, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Fernanda SAYS:

Cant’t wait to see those invitations!!! I already know of a few I want to use… Very excited for this new venture of yours!

Reply January 28, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Lindsey SAYS:

I recently had a firetruck party for my son’s 2nd birthday. It was SO hard finding cute, non-cheesy items for the celebration. I ended up pulling some stuff together (see blog) but it was really difficult. I think there just needs to be more cute, modern stuff for boys in general:).

Reply January 28, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Sandy SAYS:

I am so excited for the launch of the invitations..How perfect is that…You are so kind!!! The black frame in the inspiration board, where can I purchase one like that. i love it. The party looks good so far, cant wait to see how it turns out.

Reply January 28, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Melissa SAYS:

Beautiful! I love it!

Reply January 28, 2010 at 4:52 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Julianne –
The butterflies are an image I found from a wholesaler, but I usually purchase artificial butterflies from a local florist supply in San Diego or online at one of these websites:

And you can always “glitter” artifiicial butterflies yourself as well using craft glue or spray adhesive and fine craft glitter.

Hope that helps! :)

Reply January 28, 2010 at 4:58 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Sandy –
I bought the black frame at shopplasticland.com, but it looks like they’re sold out of the black version right now – it’s still available in silver, red, and hot pink though. Here’s a link to one of the product pages for you:

The frame is by a company called “Present Time” – so maybe you can find it somewhere else via a google search too.

P.S. I’ve also seen a bunch of similar frames at HomeGoods lately. Not the exact ones, but same type of style.

Good luck!