REAL PARTIES: Night Owl PJ Club Party

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

Today’s Real Party feature comes from Jamie at Giggle Dust Parties and is just WAY TOO CUTE!

It’s a super-colorful “Night Owl Pajama Club” theme featuring tons of adorable details (like that ridiculously cute owl pillow from Target!), a sweet make-your-own sundae dessert bar, and a fabulous bedtime-inspired table and “Night Owl Clubhouse“… does this sound like a little girl’s dream party or what?!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

Read on for all the fun details, as told by Jamie…

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

“I created this “Night Owl Pajama Club Party” for my daughter Mackenzie’s 8th Birthday!

The inspiration for this party came from several things: my daughter’s wish to have a sleepover party, an adorable stuffed pillow I saw at Target, and the fabulous “bed” tables from Jenn at HWTM and Donna at Party Wishes.

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

*{Click on above image to view the table larger!}

This party was hosted in the evening from 7-9pm and the girls came dressed in their favorite PJs.

The activities of the party centered around the girls becoming members of the “Night Owl Pajama Club: Night Owls love to stay up late, dance in the dark, hang out with their friends at the Night Owl Clubhouse and dine on their favorite snacks: cupcakes and ice cream sundaes!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

The “bed” was designed from two twin comforters that were sewn together to act as a tablecloth. I used a coordinating sheet set for the pillow cover and bed sheets that were visible at the head of the bed.

The plates and mugs were from Rosanna Inc, and I found the brown chargers on the fall closeout aisle at Target. They really were a perfect match and made the plates pop!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

The napkins were sewn by my Mother using material we found at a local fabric store.

And, last but not least, my hubby made me the headboard and footboard that completed the bed table!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

My favorite element of the party was the Night Owl Clubhouse. I mean really, how cool is this..!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

A girly retreat with pretty fabrics, plush comfy pillows, and your best girl friends to chat with!

This was the clubhouse that I always tried to build myself as a child but was never really able to pull it off with the dining room chairs and various knitted afghans from around the house!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

I had so much fun designing the sundae bar trying to channel the “Amazing Amys”: Amy Atlas and Amy at Eat.Drink.Chic

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

I used a shower curtain from Target for the backdrop, various containers from HomeGoods to hold the toppings, and the Soda Fountain Cups by Rosanna, Inc.

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

Not bad for a first try! More importantly, the girls loved it and really enjoyed making their own sundaes! I knew the party was a success when I overheard several girls saying that “this was the best party EVER!”

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

Thanks again to Jamie for sharing this adorable party with us! =)

83 responses to “REAL PARTIES: Night Owl PJ Club Party”

1. Karinmac says:

LOVE every detail!! I’m doing an owl theme as well for my daughter’s 1st birthday. Could you tell me how you made the pink boxes on the ice cream bar? They look like shoes boxes wrapped in wrapping paper. I’ve been trying to find wrapping paper that matches the shower curtain and can’t find the right color. Thanks for your help and amazing ideas!

2. Michelle B. says:

Would you care to show or tell what all the different signs say and how you worded your invitation? Thanks! What an inspiration!

3. Jennifer says:

What are the little pink polka dot boxes next to the clubhouse?

4. Julie Medina says:

This is a super duper duper job… As my girls would say. For being the first time in throwing this party , you did a FANTASTIC job!

5. Laura Burch says:

Hi There,

I just love this party and was wondering where you got the signs that say dream and imagine with the beads. They are just adorable!

Thanks so much!

• Bonnie says:

Where did you get the beads/balls for the hoop on top of the signs Imagine and Dream? Or were these made from paper? Out did yourself on this one!! Great Super Job!!I am sure people tell ya to be a party planner as they tell me all of the time. But, folks dont really want to pay for all the details that make the difference. Not to mention the TIME involved!

6. chantall says:

l love ur party u did a great job, quick question where did u get the stuffed owl from?

7. Jenn @ HWTM says:

Hi Chantall –
    I’ve seen that cute stuffed owl at Target :)

8. Laura – I purchased the signs at Walmart and then mounted them on wooden posts that my husband made for them.

Jennifer – the polka dot boxes were handed out to each of the guests – inside were their Night Owl PJ Club “night shirt” and official club membership card. The girls went home with both of these items.

Chantall – Jenn is correct! I bought the owl at Target in the kids bedding section.

9. chantall says:

oh really, target australia or overseas we talking about?

10. those plastic shower curtains are very cheap and you can install it easily without sweat :.;

11. Staci says:

What a fantastic party idea! I’m including this in my Friday Favorites tomorrow!

12. Bonnie says:

This is fabulous! I know I go all out and max the decorations at my daughetrs parties but, you got me WOW’ED on this cute idea! My daughter is now 7 and we have already decided on her 8th we were going to do a Pajama Party. You have given me some really awesome ideas to run with! Thanks for the inspiritation!

13. This is so cool, I love the table the best!!

14. […] inspiration while planning this party! Bedtime Stories Birthday Partyat Hostess with the Mostess Night Owl PJ Club Partyat Hostess with the Mostess Pancake & Pajama Party at Hi Sugarplum! Night Owl Party at Snowy […]

15. […]  Hostess with the  Mostess via Cassie on Pinterest […]

16. Jovanna says:

OMG! I love the details in this party especially the clubhouse part. What did you use to make it?

17. brandy says:

how did u build the club house?

18. […] named “Ella”. So when I came across the “Night Owl” birthday party post on Hostess With The Mostess, this last minute birthday party officially had a […]

19. Precious! Going to use some of these ideas for "Night Owl" slumber party!