06 Jan

REAL PARTIES: Night Owl PJ Club Party

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

Today’s Real Party feature comes from Jamie at Giggle Dust Parties and is just WAY TOO CUTE!

It’s a super-colorful “Night Owl Pajama Club” theme featuring tons of adorable details (like that ridiculously cute owl pillow from Target!), a sweet make-your-own sundae dessert bar, and a fabulous bedtime-inspired table and “Night Owl Clubhouse“… does this sound like a little girl’s dream party or what?!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

Read on for all the fun details, as told by Jamie…

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

“I created this “Night Owl Pajama Club Party” for my daughter Mackenzie’s 8th Birthday!

The inspiration for this party came from several things: my daughter’s wish to have a sleepover party, an adorable stuffed pillow I saw at Target, and the fabulous “bed” tables from Jenn at HWTM and Donna at Party Wishes.

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

*{Click on above image to view the table larger!}

This party was hosted in the evening from 7-9pm and the girls came dressed in their favorite PJs.

The activities of the party centered around the girls becoming members of the “Night Owl Pajama Club: Night Owls love to stay up late, dance in the dark, hang out with their friends at the Night Owl Clubhouse and dine on their favorite snacks: cupcakes and ice cream sundaes!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

The “bed” was designed from two twin comforters that were sewn together to act as a tablecloth. I used a coordinating sheet set for the pillow cover and bed sheets that were visible at the head of the bed.

The plates and mugs were from Rosanna Inc, and I found the brown chargers on the fall closeout aisle at Target. They really were a perfect match and made the plates pop!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

The napkins were sewn by my Mother using material we found at a local fabric store.

And, last but not least, my hubby made me the headboard and footboard that completed the bed table!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

My favorite element of the party was the Night Owl Clubhouse. I mean really, how cool is this..!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

A girly retreat with pretty fabrics, plush comfy pillows, and your best girl friends to chat with!

This was the clubhouse that I always tried to build myself as a child but was never really able to pull it off with the dining room chairs and various knitted afghans from around the house!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

I had so much fun designing the sundae bar trying to channel the “Amazing Amys”: Amy Atlas and Amy at Eat.Drink.Chic

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

I used a shower curtain from Target for the backdrop, various containers from HomeGoods to hold the toppings, and the Soda Fountain Cups by Rosanna, Inc.

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

Not bad for a first try! More importantly, the girls loved it and really enjoyed making their own sundaes! I knew the party was a success when I overheard several girls saying that “this was the best party EVER!”

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

Thanks again to Jamie for sharing this adorable party with us! =)

wvu-mama SAYS:

There are owl flannel pajamas on clearance (at least in the Northeast) at Target! They have them for kids and adults…would be a cute addition for the hostess to this uber-cute theme !

Reply January 21, 2010 at 11:29 am

MFoley SAYS:

I love this party!

Can you tell me what you used as poles for the “clubhouse”. I have been trying to figure out how to do an area like this at my 5 year old’s fairy party but am stuck on how to make the tent.

Fabulous job and an event for every girl to remember forever!

Reply January 23, 2010 at 6:50 am

Jamie@Giggledust Parties SAYS:

wvu-mama – Thanks for the info..I bought my daughter the owl pajamas from Target to wear to her party but didn’t see them for adults. Will have to check it out….

Reply January 23, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Sherry SAYS:

This is such a cute party! My little girl has been wanting a sleep over forever and she’s only 5yrs. Are you willing to share your template for the invitation and signage?

Reply January 25, 2010 at 7:31 pm

I love LOVE this idea! The owl graphic really makes all the little extra things so adorable. I would love to know where you found it! SO CUTE!!!

Reply January 26, 2010 at 11:19 pm

Greta Adams SAYS:

im am totally doing this for my daughter..her party is about 8 weeks away so i have plenty of time… so fun…but i am going to brave it and let the 6 girls spend the night…wish me luck… :)

Reply January 27, 2010 at 9:51 am

Jamie@Giggledust Parties SAYS:

Sherry and Amy – I bought the owl graphic on istockphoto.com and made the invitations and signage. Etsy is another great resource for graphics….

Reply January 27, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Is the owl that you used on several things (i.e., the invites, water bottles, etc.) a clip art owl? If so, where did you find him? I have been looking but can’t find anything that cute.

Reply February 1, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Jamie@Giggledust Parties SAYS:

Jen – I bought the owl on istockphoto.com. You can also find some cute owl images from sellers on Etsy…

Reply February 1, 2010 at 7:08 pm

Dalana SAYS:

Adorable adorable party. Can you tell me how the headboard and footboard where built and are the signs on the table wood?

Reply February 2, 2010 at 10:08 am

April SAYS:

LOVE IT!!!! Can’t wait to have a little girl (and future Chi Omega, owls are our mascot) to create fabulous birthday parties for….

Reply February 2, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Jamie@Giggledust Parties SAYS:

Dalana – My hubby made the headboard and footboard out of pine lumber and beadboard that we painted white. The signs on the table are cardboard from Wal-Mart. I mounted them on white dowel stands that my husband made for me as well.

Reply February 2, 2010 at 7:41 pm

marina SAYS:

very cute and colorful idea!

Reply February 6, 2010 at 10:54 am

Beau Rabbit SAYS:

I love the party! So whimsical and I bet it was a real “hoot”. I do not have a handy husband, but if I did, I would have him in the garage right now making the frame for the clubhouse. I would really like to make something like it to be a permanent structure in our playroom. Any chance we could see a pic without the fabric? Maybe even a small tutorial from your husband??? Even a general sketch with some dimensions would be awesome!!! Thanks for sharing this delightful party! I feel so inspired!

Reply February 6, 2010 at 12:29 pm