REAL PARTIES: Night Owl PJ Club Party

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

Today’s Real Party feature comes from Jamie at Giggle Dust Parties and is just WAY TOO CUTE!

It’s a super-colorful “Night Owl Pajama Club” theme featuring tons of adorable details (like that ridiculously cute owl pillow from Target!), a sweet make-your-own sundae dessert bar, and a fabulous bedtime-inspired table and “Night Owl Clubhouse“… does this sound like a little girl’s dream party or what?!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

Read on for all the fun details, as told by Jamie…

rainbow-dotted-divider-2

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

“I created this “Night Owl Pajama Club Party” for my daughter Mackenzie’s 8th Birthday!

The inspiration for this party came from several things: my daughter’s wish to have a sleepover party, an adorable stuffed pillow I saw at Target, and the fabulous “bed” tables from Jenn at HWTM and Donna at Party Wishes.

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

*{Click on above image to view the table larger!}

This party was hosted in the evening from 7-9pm and the girls came dressed in their favorite PJs.

The activities of the party centered around the girls becoming members of the “Night Owl Pajama Club: Night Owls love to stay up late, dance in the dark, hang out with their friends at the Night Owl Clubhouse and dine on their favorite snacks: cupcakes and ice cream sundaes!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

The “bed” was designed from two twin comforters that were sewn together to act as a tablecloth. I used a coordinating sheet set for the pillow cover and bed sheets that were visible at the head of the bed.

The plates and mugs were from Rosanna Inc, and I found the brown chargers on the fall closeout aisle at Target. They really were a perfect match and made the plates pop!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

The napkins were sewn by my Mother using material we found at a local fabric store.

And, last but not least, my hubby made me the headboard and footboard that completed the bed table!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

My favorite element of the party was the Night Owl Clubhouse. I mean really, how cool is this..!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

A girly retreat with pretty fabrics, plush comfy pillows, and your best girl friends to chat with!

This was the clubhouse that I always tried to build myself as a child but was never really able to pull it off with the dining room chairs and various knitted afghans from around the house!

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

I had so much fun designing the sundae bar trying to channel the “Amazing Amys”: Amy Atlas and Amy at Eat.Drink.Chic

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

I used a shower curtain from Target for the backdrop, various containers from HomeGoods to hold the toppings, and the Soda Fountain Cups by Rosanna, Inc.

Night Owl Pajama Slumber Party Ideas

Not bad for a first try! More importantly, the girls loved it and really enjoyed making their own sundaes! I knew the party was a success when I overheard several girls saying that “this was the best party EVER!”

rainbow-dotted-divider-2

83 responses to “REAL PARTIES: Night Owl PJ Club Party”

1. Chris@Celebrations At Home says:

Amazing details by Jamie! I think I would love a party like this too!…and I am much older than 8! ; )

2. CAPow! says:

I LOVE the owls! so cute!!

3. Fernanda says:

AMAZING!!!!! Congratulations!! Question: How did you maintain the ice cream cold for the sundae bar???
    Love it all!!!

4. Rhiannon says:

This is so much fun! How did you make the hanging tissue paper flowers? They are so super cute!!

5. I’m pretty sure someone is up for Mom of the Year award! The details of this party is completely amazing!!!

6. Brandy says:

Love the owls! I was going to have a owl party for my 3 year old this year since she loves her owl bedding from pottery barn! We have all of those pillows and lamp too! Perfect ideas! Thanks for sharing!

7. kim says:

Wow! Love it was just looking the other day for sleepover ideas. I actually have the lamp and bedding from Target. will be great to use things I already have.

8. Aurora says:

I LOVE this…super creative & cute! I am in the middle of planning an owl birthday party for my 2 year old!

9. Donna says:

Jaime has an amazing party business! Her details are just incredible! I was so happy to be an inspiration for such an fabulous party. Thanks Jaime and Jen!

10. Party Box Design says:

crazy cute! i love every little detail! the “bed” table is amazingly creative!

11. A.DOR.ABLE. Seriously…so stinkin cute!

12. Janice says:

This is simply MARVELLOUS!! The details and ideas were so perfectly done.

13. Elisha Akram says:

This is just too cute and sooooo creative! Love it!

14. kelly says:

This party was simply amazing! what a lucky lady Mackenzie is:)

15. Yvette Rossignoli says:

WOW! This is amazing! I love every bit of it! I was sorry to see the last picture, I wanted to see more!
    Thanks for sharing, this one is going up on my inspiration board for sure!

16. Alexiis says:

Wow those ideas are GORGEOUS! This sleepover party is definitely a little girls dream come true!

17. Monique says:

Love this party. Super cute and full of details!

18. Jeannie says:

sooooo cute! Am I too old for an identical sleepover party? =)

19. Jamie@Giggledust Parties says:

Jenn with HWTM has made my day!! What a thrill to see the Night Owl Pajama Party featured on her amazing blog. It was such a fun party to develop and host for the girls!

20. Jamie@Giggledust Parties says:

Fernanda – I used a decorative bucket that I found at Home Goods for the ice cream. It was big enough that I was able to fill the bottom with ice and sat the ice cream container in it. I brought the ice cream out when the girls were ready to make their sundaes so I probably didn’t even need the ice. The bucket helped to contain the mess and I dished out the ice cream for the girls.

Rhiannon – The tissue poms were super easy! I just followed the instructions on the Martha Stewart Weddings Website. Here is the link: http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/226101/pom-poms-and-luminarias

21. Jamie says:

Great theme! Owls are so hot right now in fashion and using them for a slumber party theme is perfect!

22. Kimberly B. says:

This party is wonderful….original, fabulous details, and the vibrant colors are so beautigul…oh how I wish I could plan a party like this without breaking the bank account into pieces. How long did it take you to plan this party? How did you make that bed table. Such an awesome party!!!

23. {Ms. P} says:

Who knew owls could be so CUTE!?!?!

24. Elyse says:

What a cute idea – i am going to share it with my friends little gals. How very fun!

25. I LOVE it….and the clubhouse is great!

26. michelle says:

Wow! How adorable. I absolutely loved the table “bed”.

27. Aryn says:

I love this! So creative, and the clubhouse is so cute. Lots of great ideas. Thanks for sharing!

28. Rebecca M. says:

Great job! This is so adorable and fun. I may have to borrow some ideas soon.

29. CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!! I love this and how did you create the adorable tent for the Owl Clubhouse? Keep up the good work.

30. Jadey says:

Oh when I have kids I want to be able to throw parties like this for them!

31. Katie Cannon says:

A tip for those asking about keeping the icecream
    cold/serving it- I line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and put one scoop in each cupcake paper. I do this ahead of time and then stick it in the freezer. This way, you don’t have to scoop quickly for hungry party goers- it’s already done and it looks cute!

32. Emily says:

Holy cow! I mean Holy Owl! Adorable! Love the whole party! Fun! The sundae buffet is ADORABLE! Thanks for the eye candy!

33. Jamie@Giggledust Parties says:

Kimberly B. – Overall, it was about 6 weeks to plan the entire party…from the time of inspiration to the party. This included all of the decor, custom invitations, favors, games and activities, etc. The bed table was two 5′ folding tables, two twin comforters sewn together and hemed to fit, a “dust ruffle”, one sheet set that was altered to fit the table and a custom headboard and footboard that was built by my husband. The stools were from IKEA and I covered them in stretch fabric that did not need to be hemmed and sewed the hot pink elastic bands which fit around the stools.

Tina – The clubhouse frame structure was made up of three componets – two end peices and one cross-beam. It is super sturdy but light and comes apart for easy transport and storage. This was custom made by my hubby (have I mentioned what a LUCKY gal I am to have married such a handy guy..who knew!!) I then bought yards and yards of fabric to drape over the clubhouse.

Katie – Thanks for the super idea for serving ice cream!

34. Merryheart2 says:

i LOvE this theme. what cute ideas.
    can you tell me where the plates are from?
    Sandra

35. jenn s. says:

Merryheart2 –
    The plates are by Rosanna, Inc – but it looks like they don’t sell that design anymore because they’re not listed on their site right now (although maybe they’re just temporarily sold out). You might be able to find them on eBay or somewhere else though – I think the pattern name is “Happy Birthday”. (Jamie might have more info on where she purchased them specifically too.)

It does look like Rosanna is launching a similar design in February though – here’s the direct link to that one on their website:

Good luck!

36. Jamie@Giggledust Parties says:

Merryheart2- I actually found all of these Rosanna, Inc. plates/mugs/ice cream cups at Home Goods. However, I had purchased them over the summer for a different party and then thought they worked perfectly with my Night Owl Theme. Hope you can find them!

37. Paula says:

it´s sooooo cute!!! I want to be a girl again!!! Good job.

38. Sherry says:

Hello, just wanted to know how you husband built the table ends?

39. Jamie@Giggledust Parties says:

Hi Sherry – My husband built them using bead board and pine lumber. They were painted white after construction.

40. Merryheart2 says:

thanks so much for the info and the link. i’ll check there.

41. Yelena C says:

Amazing !! i´d love to have a pajama party like this when i was a child !! so many details !! 100%

42. Rhiannon says:

Thanks for the link for the tissue paper flowers :) I made these with my 9 year old daughter for her crafting night party and they were a hit!! :)

43. Rochelle says:

Wow. Amazing job! This is so adorable. LOVE all the details.

44. Lynae says:

This is soooo cute!!! Did you make the placecard holders?

45. Jamie@Giggledust Parties says:

Hi Lynae – Yes, I made the placecard holders. I found the ceramic figures at Wal-mart and mounted them on paper mache circle boxes from Michaels. I painted the boxes, filled them with rocks for stability, and adorned with ribbon and brads. The girls loved them. I will say though that because I used an actual comforter on the bed and it was not a completely smooth surface, they were wobbly.

Hope this helps!

46. wvu-mama says:

There are owl flannel pajamas on clearance (at least in the Northeast) at Target! They have them for kids and adults…would be a cute addition for the hostess to this uber-cute theme !

47. MFoley says:

I love this party!

Can you tell me what you used as poles for the “clubhouse”. I have been trying to figure out how to do an area like this at my 5 year old’s fairy party but am stuck on how to make the tent.

Fabulous job and an event for every girl to remember forever!

48. Jamie@Giggledust Parties says:

MFoley – The clubhouse was a structure that was custom built for me by my husband. It is basically two standing A-frames with a cross beam that fits across the top of them. If you or someone you know is handy and would like to give it a try…email me at jamie@giggledustparties.com and I will have my hubby explain exactly how he built them.

49. Jamie@Giggledust Parties says:

wvu-mama – Thanks for the info..I bought my daughter the owl pajamas from Target to wear to her party but didn’t see them for adults. Will have to check it out….

50. Sherry says:

This is such a cute party! My little girl has been wanting a sleep over forever and she’s only 5yrs. Are you willing to share your template for the invitation and signage?

51. Amy says:

I love LOVE this idea! The owl graphic really makes all the little extra things so adorable. I would love to know where you found it! SO CUTE!!!

52. Greta Adams says:

im am totally doing this for my daughter..her party is about 8 weeks away so i have plenty of time… so fun…but i am going to brave it and let the 6 girls spend the night…wish me luck… :)

53. Jamie@Giggledust Parties says:

Sherry and Amy – I bought the owl graphic on istockphoto.com and made the invitations and signage. Etsy is another great resource for graphics….

54. Jen says:

Is the owl that you used on several things (i.e., the invites, water bottles, etc.) a clip art owl? If so, where did you find him? I have been looking but can’t find anything that cute.

55. Jamie@Giggledust Parties says:

Jen – I bought the owl on istockphoto.com. You can also find some cute owl images from sellers on Etsy…

56. Dalana says:

Adorable adorable party. Can you tell me how the headboard and footboard where built and are the signs on the table wood?

57. April says:

LOVE IT!!!! Can’t wait to have a little girl (and future Chi Omega, owls are our mascot) to create fabulous birthday parties for….

58. Jamie@Giggledust Parties says:

Dalana – My hubby made the headboard and footboard out of pine lumber and beadboard that we painted white. The signs on the table are cardboard from Wal-Mart. I mounted them on white dowel stands that my husband made for me as well.

59. marina says:

very cute and colorful idea!

60. Beau Rabbit says:

I love the party! So whimsical and I bet it was a real “hoot”. I do not have a handy husband, but if I did, I would have him in the garage right now making the frame for the clubhouse. I would really like to make something like it to be a permanent structure in our playroom. Any chance we could see a pic without the fabric? Maybe even a small tutorial from your husband??? Even a general sketch with some dimensions would be awesome!!! Thanks for sharing this delightful party! I feel so inspired!

61. Karinmac says:

LOVE every detail!! I’m doing an owl theme as well for my daughter’s 1st birthday. Could you tell me how you made the pink boxes on the ice cream bar? They look like shoes boxes wrapped in wrapping paper. I’ve been trying to find wrapping paper that matches the shower curtain and can’t find the right color. Thanks for your help and amazing ideas!

62. Michelle B. says:

Would you care to show or tell what all the different signs say and how you worded your invitation? Thanks! What an inspiration!

63. Lovin’ These Links – Monday’s Facebook Recap | MeckMom.com says:

[…] Hostess with the Mostess […]

64. Jennifer says:

What are the little pink polka dot boxes next to the clubhouse?

65. Julie Medina says:

This is a super duper duper job… As my girls would say. For being the first time in throwing this party , you did a FANTASTIC job!

66. Laura Burch says:

Hi There,

I just love this party and was wondering where you got the signs that say dream and imagine with the beads. They are just adorable!

Thanks so much!

Laura

• Bonnie says:

Where did you get the beads/balls for the hoop on top of the signs Imagine and Dream? Or were these made from paper? Out did yourself on this one!! Great Super Job!!I am sure people tell ya to be a party planner as they tell me all of the time. But, folks dont really want to pay for all the details that make the difference. Not to mention the TIME involved!

67. chantall says:

hello

l love ur party u did a great job, quick question where did u get the stuffed owl from?

chantall

68. Jenn @ HWTM says:

Hi Chantall –
    I’ve seen that cute stuffed owl at Target :)

69. jamie@giggledustparties says:

Laura – I purchased the signs at Walmart and then mounted them on wooden posts that my husband made for them.

Jennifer – the polka dot boxes were handed out to each of the guests – inside were their Night Owl PJ Club “night shirt” and official club membership card. The girls went home with both of these items.

Chantall – Jenn is correct! I bought the owl at Target in the kids bedding section.

70. chantall says:

oh really, target australia or overseas we talking about?

71. those plastic shower curtains are very cheap and you can install it easily without sweat :.;

72. Staci says:

What a fantastic party idea! I’m including this in my Friday Favorites tomorrow!

73. Bonnie says:

This is fabulous! I know I go all out and max the decorations at my daughetrs parties but, you got me WOW’ED on this cute idea! My daughter is now 7 and we have already decided on her 8th we were going to do a Pajama Party. You have given me some really awesome ideas to run with! Thanks for the inspiritation!

74. This is so cool, I love the table the best!!

75. […] inspiration while planning this party! Bedtime Stories Birthday Partyat Hostess with the Mostess Night Owl PJ Club Partyat Hostess with the Mostess Pancake & Pajama Party at Hi Sugarplum! Night Owl Party at Snowy […]

76. Pin It Tuesday: Chloe’s 6th Birthday says:

[…]  Hostess with the  Mostess via Cassie on Pinterest […]

77. Jovanna says:

OMG! I love the details in this party especially the clubhouse part. What did you use to make it?

78. brandy says:

how did u build the club house?

79. […] named “Ella”. So when I came across the “Night Owl” birthday party post on Hostess With The Mostess, this last minute birthday party officially had a […]

80. Precious! Going to use some of these ideas for "Night Owl" slumber party!