“Gossip Girl” Inspired Bridal Shower {Part 2}

gossip girl bridal shower party ideas

In continuing with Part 1 of the gorgeous Gossip Girl Inspired Bridal Shower posted yesterday, here is Part 2: Menu & Activities.

Scroll down for details on the yummy food & drinks that the ladies were treated to, as well as the (non-cheesy!) bridal shower activities they participated in, as told by event designer Carolyn Chen

ON THE MENU
Caprese Skewers with Marinated Mozzarella, Basil and Tomatoes
Traditional Waldorf Salad (a la Blaire Waldorf)
Turkey Salad on Baby Brioche with Bacon and Roasted Roma Tomatoes
Mini Crabcake Sliders
Roast Beef, Blue Cheese and Pear Tea Sandwiches
Egg Salad with Dill and Cucumber
Blueberry and Cheddar-Chive Scones
Preserves, Butter, Lemon Curd & Honey

DESSERTS:
Coconut Cream Pies
Espresso Macarons with Chocolate Ganache
Petit Fours with Preserves and Swiss Buttercream
Individual Strawberry Cheesecakes

DRINKS:
Melon-Mint Water, Cucumber Water and Raspberry Lemonade served in glass apothecary beverage jar dispensers
Hot Tea & Coffee
Mix-ins: Cream, Sugar, Honey, & Lemon Wedges

Activities:
“Fun activities for the shower included “Spice of Life” game in which the ladies were put into teams and had to determine the names of all of the spices – sort of a spin to “smell the baby food” like you would play at baby showers.

gossip girl bridal shower party ideas

For individual games, we played “Famous TV Couples” which of course included Chuck & Blaire from Gossip Girl, as well as “How Well Do You Know the Bride” questionnaire.”

gossip girl bridal shower party ideas

Thanks again to Carolyn for the all of the wonderful inspiration! If you haven’t already seen it, be sure to check out Part 1 – which covers the fabulous tabletop design & decor from this party!

Credits & Resources:
Event Design & Planning: The Special Day, Carolyn Chen
Photography: Jan Garcia Photography
Catering & Desserts: The Dotted Apron
Florals: Mille Fiori
Linens: Wildflower Linen
Submitted by: Be Inspired PR

41 responses to ““Gossip Girl” Inspired Bridal Shower {Part 2}”

1. Everything is so girly and great. I love everything from the decor to the menu.

2. Everything about this shower is over the top stunning! LOVE it!

3. MC says:

Everything looks very nice =) Can anyone tell me where I could buy the drink containers and the clear stands for the food… what is it called? I would love to do something like this sometime. Thanks so much…

4. Ivy Colon says:

WOW_WOW_WOW!! I want one just like this one.. of course, im already married ( 14 yrs ) but still- i want one!! lol. Great job chicas!

5. Elisha Akram says:

Absolutely beautiful! I love it!

6. melissa f. says:

Everything looks fabulous and so stylish…so NYC.

7. Danielle says:

I NEED those apothecary beverage jars!

8. CAPow! says:

I love this! This is exactly what I want MY bridal shower to be!

9. wow wow amazing shots the food looks tasty and colorful

10. robyn says:

I think you can buy those apothecary beverage jars at Hobby Lobby – or something like it!

11. awesome…awesome…awesome..i just love this shower! so many wonderful details

12. MC says:

Does anyone know where i can get those clear box type things to put the food at in the buffet table? Thanks!

13. charmaine says:

it looks so so amazing and the activities are cute too? mind posting up the questionnaire?

14. Absolutely out of this world!! Gosh, when I get married I’ll be referring back to this for ideas….hope my friends do too ;-)

15. Ellen says:

LOVE this. Anything that come in little bites are always a winner for me. Everything just looks so cute and chic!

16. MelissaF says:

What a lovely shower. I absolutely adore those ruffled placemats.

17. Shay says:

wow..so gossip chic! well done!…love everything!

18. You can purchase the apothecary beverage jar containers from Z Gallerie: http://www.zgallerie.com/p-1835-apothecary-beverage-dispenser.aspx

Here’s the link for the vendor where Natalie from The Dotted Apron purchased the risers:

And you can rent those ruffled placemats from Wildflower Linen: http://wildflowerlinens.com/

19. jenn s. says:

MC –
    The acrylic risers were purchased here:

Cheers,
    Jenn :)

20. MC says:

so that’s what its called…. thanks jenn =)

21. Katina says:

Hi, Jenn would you happen to know what size risers were used for this event?

Thanks,
    Katina

22. That food spread looks awesome! Where did you get those glass beverage jars? So pretty!

23. Rory says:

Anyone know where to get the questions for “How well do you know the bride?”??

24. Marilyn says:

Does anyone know where to purchase the AMAZING modern candlestick holders?

25. Malaak says:

I love the questionnaire! Was it custom-made or or is there a vendor/website where I can order it?
    Thanks so much!

26. dawn says:

Feminine, stylish, sophisticated….what more could you ask? I’d love to know the sizes on the clear risers & the questionnaire, was it custom? Thanks!

27. Bernadette says:

Are these recipes available on a web site? Particularly the Turkey Salad on Baby Brioche with Bacon and Roasted Roma Tomatoes, Roast Beef, Blue Cheese and Pear Tea Sandwiches, Egg Salad with Dill and Cucumber, Coconut Cream Pies, and Espresso Macarons. Thanks!

28. Rachel Cast says:

I love these apothecary beverage dispensers. I bought two at http://www.classichostess.com . Got them really fast and I love them.

29. […] of my favorite party blogs, The Hostess Blog, has the cutest shower theme! Perfect for a baby shower/ladies luncheon. Of course, I love the […]

30. Irina Bublik says:

How was the dark purple vase achieved? Did they tie ribbon all around a clear glass vase? Or was it bought ready made? Or some entirely different technique? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated, ladies!

31. Mandi says:

This is so pretty! What were pamphlet books used for? I see it has the bride’s name on it and looks similar to a magazine.

32. Esther says:

does anyone know where to buy the candle holders? they are so pretty can’t find them anywhere

33. Kayla says:

Wow, that is so beautiful, and the food is so vibrant, are the recipes available for these foods? :)

34. kim says:

Where can I get the ” How well do you know Lily ” sheet….and maybe the questions on the back.

35. Deon says:

Gorgeous! Can you tell what size risers were used? Thanks

36. amberlee curry says:

im trying to find card stock for a brides game and cant find any cute girly ones!!! where was your paper purchased from for your games who knows lily best?

37. […] Up A Stylish Buffet January 28, 2010 By Chris 13 Comments Source: Brides Source: Hostess With The Mostess Source: Art of Love Source: Project Wedding Source: Sprittibee Source: Project Wedding Source: […]