Modern Ladybug (or Lovebug) Party Theme

ladybug birthday valentines party ideas

I stumbled across these adorable nylon ladybugs recently and thought they’d be the perfect starting point for a Modern Ladybug party theme!

Ladybugs are always cute for kids birthday parties and “LovebugValentine’s Day parties, but this theme can even translate beautifully for a girlie baby shower or bridal shower.

ladybug birthday valentines party ideas

For adult-friendly parties, just make sure to focus on decorative elements that are chic & stylish, as opposed to overly “cutesie”; for example – the grass & gerbera flower arrangements pictured below, contemporary polka dot partyware, and a cool red signature drink like a Raspberry Collins or Watermelon Mojito.

Whatever your particular occasion may be – from a 1st birthday to a bridal shower – here’s some inspiration to get you started…

Pictured above:
Embellish rolled black napkins with “napkin ring” made from a strip of cardstock and a foam ladybug topper.
Decorate solid red paper cups with round black stickers. Use these as drink cups for kids, or as cute containers for serving up mini-sized desserts or salads/pastas.
More tableware & decor finds: Modern Ladybug Dinner Plates; Just Dots Black & White Beverage Napkins and 7″ Dessert Plates; Red Utensils; 27″ Foil Balloon, Ladybug Cookies (for party favors); Ladybug Frame (super cute for displaying pics of the guest of honor), and Ladybug Cupcake Toppers.

ladybug birthday valentines party ideas

For floral-based centerpieces that match this theme, try a combo of gerbera daisies, wheat grass or artificial grass mats, and ladybug accents, such as the foam ladybugs mentioned above, which you could attach to floral wire to create “picks” for the arrangements. {see image resources below}

ladybug birthday valentines party ideas

ladybug birthday valentines party ideas

Party Favor Ideas:
Modern Ladybug Soaps, another style of Ladybug Cookies, or red & black candies packaged in Mini Acrylic Favor Boxes and tied up with a polka dot ribbon. These adorable Ladybug Gift Tags from Etsy would be a cute addition to any of them!

ladybug birthday valentines party ideas

In lieu of ladybug cupcake toppers, you could also whip up some cupcakes that look like ladybugs… like this version

ladybug birthday valentines party ideas

Last but not least, this Mini Ladybug Birthday Banner would be an adorable accent for birthday parties! ($10.50 each from The Birthday Shop on Etsy).

ladybug birthday valentines party ideas

Have some more ideas for this theme? Please feel free to post a comment here and share them with other readers!

Floral image credits for above images: Image #1 –  LeeLee Flowers and Jewelry & Floral Verde (note: images digitally modified to match ladybug theme); Image #2 – Event Accomplished & Heavenly Blooms Florist and Sippy Cups are for Chardonnay.

40 responses to “Modern Ladybug (or Lovebug) Party Theme”

1. Lovely Scribbles says:

What an adorable party idea! I just love lady bugs – so, so cute!

2. Jennifer E says:

I love the picture of the nylon lady bugs and candles aligning the path. What an adorable idea!

3. Oh how sweet! Such wonderful ideas – thanks!

Your post stirred up a memory of a wedding I went to in grade 3 where each name place ‘card’ was a smooth, grey, rock with two tiny rocks painted to look ladybugs on it. Each large rock also had the name printed in white on it.
    I still have mine somewhere!

4. Linnette says:

These are ADORABLE finds! I created a printable ladybug party kit that has been a big hit with moms. You can vie it here:

5. These ideas are stunning! My sister and I held a ladybug party for her 4 year old daughter, and our ladybug themed food and red helium balloons with black spots were a huge hit. You can view these ideas at:

6. jenn s. says:

Super cute ideas, everyone!

Tammy – I’m dying over the ladybug fruit sticks and plates. Adorable!!

7. Angel says:

I asked Kim to make me a board because I was having a similar problem – all cute and no elegance. You can see how it turned out here:

8. serena says:

Love all these great ideas having my daughter first birthday in march with the ladybug theme.

9. Mimi says:

Wonderful pictures, i am sure it was an awesome party. I am planning my daughters 1st Birthday party and it is so much fun.Where would I find the grass beds/wheat grass?

10. Angel says:

I was able to get wheat grass at my local grocery store in the vegetables section. Often a store like Whole Foods or a Co-op where they have organic produce too.

11. Christy says:

I love this idea! I’ll be using this theme for my daughter’s first birthday in April. Thanks for all the great ideas!

12. Vicky Choy says:

Thanks for including the wheatgrass and gerbera daisy centerpiece! It all came from the creative minds of Petals Edge Floral Design in Alexandria, VA

13. Sandra says:

This ladybug theme is absolutely beautiful!

14. Henna says:

I absolutely love this theme and fully intend to use it for my daughter’s first birthday party in March.. THANK YOU! :)

15. Lovely blog having great post…thanks for sharing dear

16. I totally LOVE a ladybug party theme! So much so I created not one but two printable Ladybug Party Invitations and some co-ordinating printable Ladybug Party Decorations . You could say I’ve gone a little DOTTY for ladybugs! (Sorry, I couldn’y help it) hehe!

17. Ladybug are just so cute and sweet. This would make a lovely baby shower theme.

18. still loving the ladybug birthday party theme. I designed party printables and invitations in a ladybug theme a few years back and have recently revisited the theme and added some new printalbe products to the range. It really is a classic party theme.