Modern Ladybug (or Lovebug) Party Theme

ladybug birthday valentines party ideas

I stumbled across these adorable nylon ladybugs recently and thought they’d be the perfect starting point for a Modern Ladybug party theme!

Ladybugs are always cute for kids birthday parties and “LovebugValentine’s Day parties, but this theme can even translate beautifully for a girlie baby shower or bridal shower.

ladybug birthday valentines party ideas

For adult-friendly parties, just make sure to focus on decorative elements that are chic & stylish, as opposed to overly “cutesie”; for example – the grass & gerbera flower arrangements pictured below, contemporary polka dot partyware, and a cool red signature drink like a Raspberry Collins or Watermelon Mojito.

Whatever your particular occasion may be – from a 1st birthday to a bridal shower – here’s some inspiration to get you started…

Pictured above:
Embellish rolled black napkins with “napkin ring” made from a strip of cardstock and a foam ladybug topper.
Decorate solid red paper cups with round black stickers. Use these as drink cups for kids, or as cute containers for serving up mini-sized desserts or salads/pastas.
More tableware & decor finds: Modern Ladybug Dinner Plates; Just Dots Black & White Beverage Napkins and 7″ Dessert Plates; Red Utensils; 27″ Foil Balloon, Ladybug Cookies (for party favors); Ladybug Frame (super cute for displaying pics of the guest of honor), and Ladybug Cupcake Toppers.

ladybug birthday valentines party ideas

For floral-based centerpieces that match this theme, try a combo of gerbera daisies, wheat grass or artificial grass mats, and ladybug accents, such as the foam ladybugs mentioned above, which you could attach to floral wire to create “picks” for the arrangements. {see image resources below}

ladybug birthday valentines party ideas

ladybug birthday valentines party ideas

Party Favor Ideas:
Modern Ladybug Soaps, another style of Ladybug Cookies, or red & black candies packaged in Mini Acrylic Favor Boxes and tied up with a polka dot ribbon. These adorable Ladybug Gift Tags from Etsy would be a cute addition to any of them!

ladybug birthday valentines party ideas

In lieu of ladybug cupcake toppers, you could also whip up some cupcakes that look like ladybugs… like this version

ladybug birthday valentines party ideas

Last but not least, this Mini Ladybug Birthday Banner would be an adorable accent for birthday parties! ($10.50 each from The Birthday Shop on Etsy).

ladybug birthday valentines party ideas

Have some more ideas for this theme? Please feel free to post a comment here and share them with other readers!

Floral image credits for above images: Image #1 –  LeeLee Flowers and Jewelry & Floral Verde (note: images digitally modified to match ladybug theme); Image #2 – Event Accomplished & Heavenly Blooms Florist and Sippy Cups are for Chardonnay.

40 responses to “Modern Ladybug (or Lovebug) Party Theme”

1. Tiffany says:

My daughter’s 1st Birthday Ladybug Soiree

2. Julie says:

Yeah! I am doing a ladybug theme for my daughter’s first birthday in March. Some great ideas!! Thanks!

3. Adorable ideas!! Here’s a link to a super cute Little Ladybug party that I created the paper goods for!

4. Kendra says:

I did a lovebug party for Valentine’s for the kids a few years back. I turned most of the black dots into hearts. I blogged about it here:

5. Tania says:

I couldn’t believe it when I saw this. I have searched for this theme here in the last 3 months to find nothing! I am doing a modern ladybug theme for my daughter’s 2nd bday in April and I have come up with some great ideas too. Great job! I will take pics and post my party as well!

6. Wendy says:

Precious! I love ladybugs – would make a cute baby shower theme too!

7. Kristine says:

hahaha well believe it or not there were lady bugs EVERY WHERE…but you cant really see any in those pics!

8. So cute! My 6-year-old daughter would love this. The cupcake lady bugs are really great.

9. Rowaida Flayhan says:

Hi Jenn,
    So cute and adorable idea! Love your blog you are such an inspiration and so wonderful. I am following you on twitter I wish you can follow me.
    Wish you great success.
    Rowaida Flayhan

10. Kim says:

Love it! Thanks for the site where the nylon ladybugs were – it’s really full of great stuff! Thanks!

11. {Ms. P} says:

My mom calls me “Ladybug”.

I used a few ladybug cups for my company’s Garden Party one summer…This is cute & I wanna have another party!

12. This is really cute! I love your blog and follow it daily!
    Do you have any ideas for a purse/shoe party for my DD 2nd birthday? She is obsessed with purses and shoes.

13. Kimmay says:

So beautiful! I love all the red and black.

14. LOVE this layout – the ladybugs are adorable! We did a ladybug board awhile back with some super cute cake and cupcake ideas.

15. I love the idea of a ladybug theme for a little girl’s bday party! It’s so cute and you can keep it fresh and modern too!

16. Sara says:

I love this theme! There are some really cute ladybug outfits at Baby Gap right now that would fit right in

17. Jennifer says:

I LOVE those cupcakes! So cute. They would look perfect on our Cupcake Tower with red ribbon and black dots:

18. Heidi says:

Martha Stewart has some adorable cupcakes that would be perfect for this party theme…