Eat & Drink 01.7.10

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Cups

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe

When Natasha from That’s So Yummy offered up this guest post on Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Cups, how could I possible resist?!

Especially when accompanied by this description “…a chocolate chip cookie layered with creamy cheesecake mixture, then topped with fresh whipped cream and sprinkled with mini chocolate chips.Yum!

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe

Read on for the full recipe & step-by-step details from Natasha!

1 cup (2 sticks) butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
2.5 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

2 8-oz packages of cream cheese (16 oz total)
1  can of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
mini chocolate chips

2 cups of heavy cream
1/4 cup confectioners sugar

mini chocolate chips
optional: mint leaves for garnish

“First make the chocolate chip cookie dough. Beat butter, sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffy, then beat in vanilla and eggs. Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl, then slowly stir into the butter mixture.  Add chocolate chips and chill for 30 minutes or freeze until ready to use.

Preheat Oven to 325 degrees F. Paper-line 24 muffin cups. Fill the bottom of each muffin cup with layer of cookie dough (approximately 1 tablespoon or more, depending on how thick you want the cookie crust).

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe

Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookie crust has spread to the edge of the muffin cup.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe

In a medium-sized bowl beat cream cheese.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe

Add sweetened condensed milk.

Then add eggs & vanilla.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe

Beat all of the combined ingredients until smooth.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe

Now this is what I call smooooooooottttthhhhhhhhhhh.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe

Spoon 3 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture over each cookie in cup.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe

Bake for additional 15 minutes or until cream cheese sets.  Cool completely on wired rack and then place in the fridge to cool for at least an hour.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe

Now try not to attack these babies yet… I know pure and utter torture!

While the cheesecake cups cool, make the whipped cream. Whisk heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners sugar and whisk until combined. Cover tightly and refrigerate.

Once the cheesecake cups are cooled, place a dollop of whipped cream on top and sprinkle mini chocolate chips.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe

For more yummy treats & tutorials from Natasha, check out her website –!

33 responses to “Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Cups”

1. Sharon says:

My aunt used to make these frequently and used an Oreo cookie as the bottom crust. They are great to make for parties.

2. Oh……….Yum!!!!!!

3. Oh………..YUM!!!!

4. mara says:

es hermoso y muy tentador!!! felicitaciones,,

5. Aurora says:

ok, those sound fantastic! Yum! Thanks for sharing!!!

6. Latoya says:

These look DELICIOUS! I cant wait to make them and see if they taste as good as they look!

7. Jaclyn says:

craving this right now. delish,

8. Ashley says:

I would love to know what size can to use for the sweetened condensed milk. I made these with a 14oz can (didn’t even use all of it). They did not set and are so goupy they must be eaten with a spoon. There are several size options in the store, I went with the medium size since it was specified.

9. penny says:

i love cheesecake and those look really delicious!

10. Dawn says:

I want to make these but are concerned the cheesecake measurements may be wrong. I think there should be 3 pkgs of cream cheese and 3 eggs, which is a standard recipe with a 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk. It may be why one reader had a problem.

11. jenn s. says:

Hi Dawn & Ashley –
    After looking at some similar recipes, it looks like the appropriate amount of sweetened condensed milk for 2 packages of cream cheese should be 8 oz, which may be the smallest can available?

I’ll double check when I’m at the store on the can sizes, but I’m going to go ahead and update the ingredients list to specify a small can/8 oz. Thanks for the tips!

12. Gina Rivera says:

Hi Jenn:

Im a Balloon Artist in Puerto Rico island. This is my facebook group, enter and join to see my extraordinary work.. is amazing and gorgeous!!! Actually Im traveling to US to make some decorations for any events like birthday, baby showers, etc… if you want my service contact me :) Thank you…

This is my facebook link

13. Martha says:

Yummyyyy! Enjoy taking care of your health with: A chocolate a day! Check this out:

14. Ashle3y says:

You are right, it does not add up. I filled about 32 cupcakes with the dough and still had a ton left. I only had enough cheesecake mix to fill 24 of them

15. Dawn says:

Disappointed in these instructions. Tried them tonight and found that the cookie recipe is basically for Toll House cookies and to fill the muffin pan for 24 would use too much dough. I decreased it to a Tbsp. scoop and adjusted the cheesecake to 3 blocks cream cheese, 14oz. can sw. cond. milk (which I think is the smallest they sell) 3 eggs and 2 tsp. vanilla.

16. jenn s. says:

Thanks so much to everyone for their feedback on the recipe. It looks like Natasha’s turned out well for her, based on the great photos of the final result, but we’re going to do a batch here and may adjust the recipe a little based on the results and everyone’s recommendations. Keep you posted!

P.S. – For those of you that needed to increase the cream cheese from 3 packages to 2 – were you using 8 oz packages each – so 24 oz total? I googled a few more recipes for “cheesecake cookie cups” and they all called for only 2 8-oz packages, just like this one. So strange that the results are turning out so differently for everyone!

17. Luly says:

Made these last night & they came out perfect & ubberly delicious… off to eat more :P

18. megan says:

Thanks for the recipe! I made them last weekend, and they turned out perfectly. I cheated a little and instead of making the cookie dough, I purchased a tube of Pilsbury chocolate chip cookie dough, divided it evenly among the 24 muffin cups, and then followed the rest of the directions as stated. For the cheesecake mixture, I used my cookie scoop and two scoops filled the muffin cups up almost to the top. They were perfect that way!

My work is having a chocolate dessert contest for Valentine’s day, and I think I will make these again, except I will top them with a whipped chocolate ganash instead of whipped cream.

19. megan says:

I should add, I used 2 packages of cream cheese and 8 oz of sweetened condensed milk. The smallest can my store had was 14 oz, but I just use 1 cup of it, which is 8 oz. There was just a tiny bit of the cheescake batter left after I filled my 24 cups.