DIY: Candy Buffet Lollipop Displays

candy buffet lollipop displays

I had a lot of fun with the lollipop displays for last month’s Berry Sweet Baby Shower and wanted to share the DIY info with you because this concept translates so well to ANY color palette or occasion – they’d even work well for holiday parties! Added bonus: the lollipops double as take-home party favors.

Pictured above is the “YUM Lollipop Display” and below is “Sweet Baby Girl Trio“. DIY details for both displays are below, along with downloadable versions of the tags. Enjoy!

candy buffet lollipop displays

••• YUM Lollipop Display •••

You’ll Need:
rectangular planter/vase (such as this one)
craft styrofoam
Pinwheel Lollipops
YUM Tags
2.5″ Circle Craft Punch or other circle cutter
red m&ms (available at Michaels or online) – or a similar candy
hot glue gun

Optional Vase Embellishments (as pictured here):
Rectangle Mod PVC Curtain (8 rectangles from one strand)
ribbon
craft rhinestones

candy buffet lollipop displays

Directions:

1) Embellish vase as desired. For this party, I was already using individual strands of a Rectangle Mod PVC curtain ($18.99 at shopwildthings.com) as decor in various other areas of the party, so I removed a few of the rectangles from a leftover strand and hot-glued them on top of the ribbon.

Inexpensive craft rhinestones added some sparkle to the pvc rectangles and also covered up the tiny holes on each side of them (where the jump rings used to be). The rhinestones ALSO covered up the evidence of the hot glue that adhered the rectangles to the ribbon, which was great since they’re translucent.

2) Cut craft styrofoam to fit securly within the vase, making sure it’s at least 3″ high so that it provides a sturdy foundation for the large lollipops. Don’t go all the way to the rim of the vase though – you’ll need some room for the “filler candy”.

3) Pour red m&ms (or similar candy) over the styrofoam, covering it completely.

4) Add the YUM tags to the lollipops. Download them right here: in PDF or JPEG format, then cut them out using a 2.5″ craft punch, a circle cutter, or scissors and a sturdy hand. =) Use doublestick tape or glue to attach them to the lollipops (which come cellophane-sealed).

5) Insert the lollipops into the styrofoam as desired. (I used 3 rows here.)

6) Done! Place on candy/dessert buffet, or use as a table centerpiece.

candy buffet lollipop displays

••• Sweet Baby Girl Lollipop Display •••

*This display is essentially the same process as above, with the following modifications:

1) Use a trio of vases – with alternating heights – instead of one large vase. (The 3 white vases pictured here were purchase at Michaels.)

2) The styrofoam height will need to be taller for these, so floral foam blocks are great for this one.

3) You can use up to 3 different types of candy for the “fillers”. (Cherry Gumballs, Licorice Wheels, and foil-covered Chocolate Raspberry Balls were used here.)

4) Download the “SWEET”, “BABY”, and “GIRL” tags in PDF and JPEG formats. Cut them out by hand, leaving a little white border (from the paper background) all the way around the shape.

{Photography credit: Jillian Bisinger}

30 responses to “DIY: Candy Buffet Lollipop Displays”

1. I LOVE these centerpieces….they really POP! Thanks for the DIY Jenn.

2. Kimberly says:

Love this idea! I’m going to try it in pink and green for my upcoming Girlie Christmas party!

• candycandycandy says:

You can get pink and green candy of almost any sort at Candy Favorites. I just helped a friend with her wedding shower and the colors were white and purple and I was shocked that they had almost any color you could think of. Hope that helps!

3. Bella says:

Thanks Jenn for sharing your wonderful ideas and designs with us.

4. Nisha says:

What a neat display, great girlie birthday party idea too :)

5. down pillow says:

Such a great idea :) I really love that it’s so versatile & can be used for all sorts of party occasions.

6. Casey says:

too adorable. I will be using this idea for a bridal shower!!!

7. Thanks for the DIY Jen! For being famous I am glad that you still read the comments on your blog and take the time to post DIY and share your secrets! I was inspired by your candy buffet creations to make on myself for my daughter’s second birthday… it turned out really fun! Thanks for sharing your secrets… you are invited to my blog anytime you want!

8. jenn s. says:

Thanks for the sweet message, Lorell! Just checked out your daughter’s party and you did a fabulous job! :)

9. Thank you for the great tutorial. I’m trying to figure out a Christmas theme for using it now.

10. Amanda says:

Thank you for the downloads…I always see the pictures of the cute candy buffets, but never know how to create the tags!

11. Amanda says:

Thank you for the downloads…I’m never sure how to make them myself!

12. poshpartygal says:

thanks for sharing! I love doing candy bars – it’s guaranteed fun for everyone and they look great, too~

13. Michelle says:

You are so generous with your ideas and tips and free downloads. I love your site and your creativity. I will definitely file this one away for future reference!

14. stephanie says:

what are the names of the center pieces ?

15. kelly says:

how do you know what quantity of candy you will need for a candy buffett? how much candy per person? I am planning a 2pm baby shower is it okay not to serve any other snacks or food? Thanks for any help.

16. Mariella DeLaRosa says:

Thanks for the great DIY directions and links. These simple but whimsy centerpieces are perfect for my daughter’s communion reception. Thank you for sharing.

17. Tracy says:

Would you be ale to post a “Sweet Baby Boy” download?? I found out I am having a boy and I really wanted to do this idea!!!! :)

18. jenn s. says:

Hi Tracy –

That’s actually a great idea… what colors are you planning to do for the shower?

19. Tracy says:

Maybe light and dark blue? Or light blue and light green? I haven’t decided yet so whatever you think looks best is fine!! Thanks so much!!!

20. Shary says:

I’m glad Tracy asked because I’m helping to throw a candy-themed baby shower for a friend and she’s having a boy. I’d love to have those lollipop labels in “SWEET BABY BOY”!! :):)

21. Tracy says:

I was wondering if you had a chance to make some “sweet baby boy” labels in blue? My shower is coming up and I would love to have these!! :)

22. […] Check out how to make a quick and easy candy bar over at HWTM. […]

23. Amanda says:

I featured this today on Today’s Top 20!Amanda todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

24. Anna says:

Thanks so much for giving us the files for the tags!

25. Jen says:

Beautiful pictures. Great Ideas. I had fun looking at all the ideas especially because your site was well-organized…Jen from Guam

26. […] Check out these pink-themed posts too! • Dreaming of a Pink Christmas • Pink & Red DIY Candy Buffet Lollipop Display • Pink Your Drink {Cocktail Glasses} • DIY: Pink Ribbon Dessert […]

27. Spencer says:

What a wonderful idea! Those personalised lollipops look amazing.