Bachelorette 11.4.09

REAL PARTIES: Twilight / Breaking Dawn Bachelorette Party

Twilght bachelorette party ideas

I can’t tell you how many emails I’ve received lately asking about New Moon party ideas!  I’ve been working on the new movie quote designs and they’re coming tonight… it will be late-night though!

In the meantime, I wanted to share this email I recently received from Jackie Culmer about a Twilight/Breaking Dawn themed bachelorette party that she created for a close friend.

There are so many fun, clever details in here – from the invite wording to the mini first aid kits… and it’s always such a cool feeling to see my original Twilight quotes & labels in action at others’ parties! =)

Twilght bachelorette party ideas

Here’s the email from Jackie with more info on the party

“I just wanted to thank you for the Twilight theme inspiration and signs. I used them for a friend’s Bachelorette party. She is obsessed with Twilight (as we all are) so I called it the “Breaking Dawn Bachelorette – Party ’til the sun comes up.”

I got a life size cut out of Edward for pictures and “Twilighted” the room out with your quotes & drink labels, candles, red ribbon, and pictures of the bride to be.

Twilght bachelorette party ideas

Twilght bachelorette party ideas

Twilght bachelorette party ideas

Twilght bachelorette party ideas

Twilght bachelorette party ideas

I gave a way red satin wristlets that included a “note from Edward” (typed in the signature “Be Safe” font) that read “Thank you for coming to help Kat celebrate her last night as a human.”, along with “No Blood, No Foul” mini first aid kits for any clumsiness (one of Bella Swan’s key attributes) and “Vampires get headaches?” Ibuprofen packs for hangovers.

Twilght bachelorette party ideas

The wristlets were only $1 at Target (purchased a while ago), and I paid $0.97 for the mini first aid kits (also at Target). The ibuprofen packs were little tubes that came with 3 tubes per pack (about $4.95 at CVS).

Since it was a bachelorette party, we wanted the bride-to-be to stand out (sans the typical bachelorette gear) so I had all the girls wear black while the bachelorette wore white. I also gave her a white flower clip with feathers – only $5.95 at H&M.

Also, our jello shooters were dark cherry flavored so they looked like “Blood Shots” which also worked nicely for our Halloween party!”

More party shots:

Twilght bachelorette party ideas

Twilght bachelorette party ideas

The Invitation:

Twilght bachelorette party ideas

Note: Check out the ultra-creative wording on the invite – she incorporated the bachelorette party message perfectly into the key quote from the Twilight book jacket! I especially love the modified parts about “thirsting for one last night out” and being “unconditionally and irrevocably happy for them“. So clever!

Looks like such a fun bachelorette party, Jackie! Thanks for sharing! =)

36 responses to “REAL PARTIES: Twilight / Breaking Dawn Bachelorette Party”

1. noel says:

i love this one! thanks for sharing jackie!

2. Kelly says:

The cut out is a wonderful idea.

3. Victoria says:

Love the invitation text!! I’m throwing a Twilight theme reception tomorrow night and can’t wait. Thanks for all of your inspiration.

4. katie says:

This is very cool! I just love it :)

5. Maria says:

I love this idea!! Very cool :-)

6. Anna says:

Awww so cute! We had a Twilight-theme for my sister’s bachelorette party too but ours wasn’t nearly as organized as this one! Definitely naughty though. Check it out:

7. Alexis says:

I can’t wait to show my daughter (who is 10 and obsessed with Twilight and the movie). I love having the quotes around the party. The Cullens would be proud!

8. That is totally darling!

9. Darlene says:

absolutely loving it!

10. Mirielle says:

O.M.G Amazing!!! Love EVERYTHING about it! Great job! :)

11. Jess says:

Adorable– the invitation wording is so great!

12. Laura says:

LOVE IT!! How fun!

13. Lisa says:

This is a great blog. I love the ideas because this month, I will be throwing a party and this theme would be very appealing to the bride to be.

14. wishcake says:

Um, this is basically the most creaive, amazing idea ever. I would have loved to do something like this for my bachelorette party – and oh, how my husband would have judged me.

Anyway, this is amazing. I love it.

15. Rachel says:

I LOVE the invitation! How can I copy the design?

16. Down Pillow says:

Wow, amazing attention to detail for a bachelorette party – such good friends :)

17. Jackie says:

Thanks everyone for the awesome comments! Kat is a dear friend and it was a lot of fun to do this for her. I made the invite in excel. I found a wallpaper background of the bookcover, downloaded the twilight font for the text, and added the picture of my friend and red bar at the bottom. When I originally sent the email, the red bar included more details for the party.

18. Elizabeth says:

What fun ideas! I am a freelance writer whose specialty is tea (I’m the San Jose Tea Examiner), and I just wrote an article with instructions for throwing a Twilight-themed tea party. The Twilight series are really popular in my city and everyone is looking for entertaining ideas within the Twilight theme. My article is actually part one of two, and it contains general decoration suggestions and a suggested menu. The second part will contain specific instructions for achieving a particular table setting and surrounding decorations, with the sources where I got the items. The second article will be published when I set up the table setting and photograph it to illustrate the article! I love your decorating ideas and I’ll definitely be putting a link to your site on my article.