Baby Showers 11.18.09

Fun Baby Shower Theme: Food Cravings

pregnancy cravings baby shower theme

Here’s a peek at the Cravings baby shower theme that I worked on for last year. I have yet to actually put this to use for a friend, but am hoping to bring it to life one of these days… don’t you think this would be as much fun for the guests as for mom-to-be?!

Who wouldn’t love a good excuse to indulge in salty & sweet favorites… it’s just for one day! I love the idea of an entire “comfort food buffet” featuring mini bites like grilled cheese squares, fried pickles, and individual servings of oven-baked fries and mac-n-cheese… YUM!

pregnancy cravings baby shower theme

Centerpieces would be old-fashioned sundae glasses & cake cones filled with “fluffy” flowers like peonies, styled to look like ice cream cones!

pregnancy cravings baby shower theme

For party decor: framed prints of traditional “craving” foods like fries, pickles, and ice cream. (You can purchase images for the frames at

Dessert: a build-your-own ice cream sundae bar!

Party favor ideas: a take-home edible treat that incorporates both salty & sweet flavors – like chocolate covered pretzels or a few mini cookies or macarons wrapped up in cellophane or a take-out container and paired with a small bag of gourmet kettle chips.

Here are some fun invitation designs that would work well for this theme too:

pregnancy cravings baby shower theme

Pictured above: Food Cravings Mobile invitation {}; downloadable Craving Your Company invitation from {}, and Pickles and Ice Cream invitation {}.

You could also incorporate jars of pickles decorated with ribbon & paper details into this theme… any other ideas? Please share them here!

Find more details on the Cravings theme – including a party playlist – over at!

18 responses to “Fun Baby Shower Theme: Food Cravings”

1. maria says:

Thanks for the inspiration. We are throwing my friend a baby shower in the spring.

2. Ronita says:

This is a great idea!! I can’t wait to through my next shower!!!

3. I LOVE this theme! It works well for a shower in which the sex is unknown AND it’s a fun excuse for all the guests that are already there to reminisce!

4. Christi says:

WHAT a unique theme! I love, love, love it!!

5. LOVE all of your ideas for this theme! I had a request a few months ago for this theme and it turned out really cute:

6. Yvett says:

Such a fun and creative way to change up a baby shower theme. Too cute.

7. Lisa says:

OMGoodness!! This is the cutest idea! lol

8. down pillow says:

Such a good idea! Everything looks so yummy -especially those fried pickles :)

9. Tamara says:

I love those TRADITIONAL french style macaroons pictured!! yum!

10. Robin says:

Definitely a baby shower that all women would love to attend, all those cravable foods in one room!! It would be cute to also ask each guest to bring their ultimate craving to the party for the mom-to-be, whethers it’s a particular brand of chips or their must have chocolate dipped almonds. Love how it’s gender neutral too!

11. Michelle says:

LOOOOOOOVE IT! I thin it would be yummy for everyone! Like you said, who doesn’t like to indulge in delicious stuff like that? Sometimes we just need an excuse.

12. Maranda says:

You do great work! Do you have any advice I want to do this part time.

13. Chrissy says:

This is a great idea! An idea for a party favor that my sister and I used that fits with this theme, is a “pickle and ice cream” favor. We used quart size ice cream containers (Ben & Jerry’s gave us empty containers) filled with homemade chocolate chip cookies, tied with a ribbon and a pickle ornament on top!

14. So adorable! What a yummy theme!

15. […] shower theme was “Food Cravings”. We got the idea from Hostess with the Mostess. Laura really liked the invitation from  The food mobile from the card design […]

16. danielle says:

I would also do cupcakes because my sister loves cupcakes n ice cream

17. […] party, and there’s actually also some great inspiration here for a Pickles & Ice Cream or Cravings baby […]