This super-cool Paper Palm Tree is from the Safari Luxe Baby Shower created by Alchemy Fine Events and Canvas and Canopy. They’ve graciously offered to share the details for recreating this project at home. DIY info is below!
PAPER PALM TREES
• Cut leaf shapes out of used brown paper grocery bags.
• Crumple up the bags as much as possible to give them a weathered and ‘veiny’ look. Let the kids help with this part!
• Spray paint the front and the backs of each leaf with a hi-gloss white paint. The paint won’t cover the crumpled parts giving it the weathered and leafy look you’re after.
• Starting with a Styrofoam ball as your base (ours was approx 8” diameter) hot glue the leaves around the ball in layers until you’re tree is a full as you want it to be. We started with the larger leaves around the bottom and went with smaller ones at the top.
• Poke a hole on the bottom of the Styrofoam ball to insert your tree base. We used a gum tree branch but any other branch or wooden dowel could work as well.
Voila! You have your very own Palm Tree!
Here’s a shot of the Paper Palm Tree in action at the Safari Luxe Baby Shower drinks & dessert table: