06 Oct

Sneak Peek: Woodland Forest Theme Invitations and Party Favors

woodland forest baby shower invitations

Here’s a sneak peek at the invitations for the upcoming Woodland Forest Baby Shower I’m hosting in November. The different elements are from a few illustrations purchased at istockphoto.com (see below), and I plan to create some coordinating signage and favor tags for the actual party. I also like the idea of mailing these out in brown bag kraft envelopes for a woodsy feel…

woodland forest baby shower invitations{pictured above: images 7430589, 5820871, 5295049}

Party Favors
When I posted on the inspiration board for this party theme last week (Part 1 and Part 2), Marian from the RIDICULOUSLY ADORABLE blog, Sweetopia, emailed me a link to a Royal Icing Tutorial post that she created, which features woodland forest-themed cookies as the example! And, as luck would have it, we seem to be inspired by the same things…

woodland forest baby shower invitations

Seriously, could these be any more perfect?! Here’s how they look all done up with ribbon & cellophane as party favors…

woodland forest baby shower invitations

I wish Marian lived closer so I could attempt to hire her to recreate these for the baby shower (she’s based near Toronto). I’m pretty doubtful that my own attempts to recreate these would look anything like her amazing creations, so I’ll probably be turning to someone local that specializes in this sort of thing. That makes one less thing for my own to-do list anyways, right? =)

woodland forest baby shower invitations

Click here to check out more eye candy (and lots of tutorials!) at Sweetopia!

P.S. I’m filing this under “kids party ideas” and “first birthday” too, because I still think this theme would be adorable for occasions beyond baby showers too.  The invite wording could be changed to “Let’s Celebrate!” or “Jake is ONE!” or “Birthday BOY/GIRL”, and you could give the squirrel & owl characters little birthday hats… =)

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Chantel –
Here’s a link to the photo album for this shower on the HWTM Facebook Page so that you can see how it turned out:

As for the invitations, I can customize the name & info on the design shown here for a small fee and give you the high-res artwork, but I don’t facilitate printing. Most people have them printed at http://www.emaginedigital.com or a local print shop. If you’re interested, send me an message through our Suggestions page:

Jenn :)

Reply January 14, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Chantel SAYS:

I sent a message through the suggestions page linked above a while ago to have some invitations made but only got a message back saying not everything will be read or responded to. Anything else I can do?? I’m very interested in finding out prices on having something like this for our shower!

Reply January 26, 2010 at 1:12 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Chantel –

Just emailed you back :)

Reply January 26, 2010 at 2:15 pm

maggie SAYS:

Hi Jenn,

I sent a messga through the suggestions page linked above yesterday. Do you think it would be possible to attain some of the above invitations?

Reply January 29, 2010 at 4:27 pm

I LOVE this theme!! We’re having our son’s 6th birthday party at the local Nature Center and it’s PERFET! There aren’t a lot of “Woodland Animal” birthday themes out there. Thanks for posting this one!!

Reply April 2, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Natalie SAYS:

LOVE this – I’m using it for my son’s first birthday party! Just sent a message through the suggestions page asking about getting the invites customized!

Reply July 22, 2010 at 7:14 am

Kelly SAYS:

Love this idea! Just wondering what kind of plates you used? Also, the cake design?

Reply August 6, 2010 at 8:22 am

Jeannina SAYS:

love everything! your ideas are adorable!
Where did you get the tablecloth with the branches?

Reply October 22, 2010 at 7:14 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Jeannina –
The “tablecloth” is actually a twin-sized duvet cover from IKEA! Here’s the link: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50158583 :)

October 22, 2010 at 7:41 am

Jessica Wyndham SAYS:

I also used the form you linked to because I am interested in purchasing these invites in the digital format, and I got the same message saying not all emails would be responded to. Could you help me out? I LOVE them for my son’s first birthday party! Thanks so much.

Reply December 3, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Julia SAYS:

I really would like to get these invitations for a baby shower…they are so perfect…please email me so can purchase them from you. Thanks so much! Julia

January 22, 2011 at 4:21 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Julia –
Just responded to the comment that you posted more recently. Again – apologies for the inconvenience! Just a really crazy time over here right now with everything that’s going on :0

Jenn :)

January 26, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Betty Macias SAYS:

Hi Jenn,

I am very interested in the woodland invitation. How can I have it customized.
Please let me know.
I also emailed you!

Reply August 10, 2011 at 11:20 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Betty –
I’m so sorry about this but I’m no longer able to customize this invitation due to time constraints! It’s been a hard decision because I love helping people out, but I’ve just had to let a few things go to keep up with everything else. So in the meantime I’ve been referring people to this design from WH Hostess, which actually incorporates some of the same characters as mine! http://whhostess.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=215_218&products_id=851 Hope that helps and good luck with the party! :)

August 15, 2011 at 8:26 am

Jeanne Prescott SAYS:

I’m very interested in the adorable owl,squirell, and mushroom cookies… that are wrapped in cellophane with ribbon. The rehearsal dinner theme is woodsey, and the cake is a tree trunk with animals on top..The rehearsal dinner is on November 3,2011.
Can you contact me: Thank you, Jeanne

Reply August 11, 2011 at 10:12 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Jeanne –
Those were made by Marian from Sweetopia. You can contact her via her blog: http://sweetopia.net/ – but I’m not sure she’s taking on custom orders at this time… but you never know! If not this baking company could probably do something very similar for you to these designs: http://www.sunflowerbaking.com/ Good luck!

August 15, 2011 at 8:22 am

Melissa SAYS:

I REALLY REALLY love these baby boy invites. They match my best friends nursery and I am throwing her a shower in a few weeks. Is there any way I can purchase a digital download? PRETTY PLEASE….. I have searched and searched and I love yours the best! Please let me know! Thank you!

Reply March 31, 2012 at 8:17 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Melissa –

I’m very sorry that I can’t offer them right now BUT I do have some good news – a friend of mine offers a similar design that even incorporates some of the same graphics :) She also offers coordinating paper elements that you might be able to use at the shower. Check it out here: http://whhostess.com/woodland-forest-owl-party-for-boys Hope that helps a bit at least!

April 3, 2012 at 11:39 am

envelope SAYS:

The cookies are amazing….such talent!

Reply September 11, 2012 at 8:56 pm