Sneak Peek: Woodland Forest Theme Invitations and Party Favors

woodland forest baby shower invitations

Here’s a sneak peek at the invitations for the upcoming Woodland Forest Baby Shower I’m hosting in November. The different elements are from a few illustrations purchased at (see below), and I plan to create some coordinating signage and favor tags for the actual party. I also like the idea of mailing these out in brown bag kraft envelopes for a woodsy feel…

woodland forest baby shower invitations{pictured above: images 7430589, 5820871, 5295049}

Party Favors
When I posted on the inspiration board for this party theme last week (Part 1 and Part 2), Marian from the RIDICULOUSLY ADORABLE blog, Sweetopia, emailed me a link to a Royal Icing Tutorial post that she created, which features woodland forest-themed cookies as the example! And, as luck would have it, we seem to be inspired by the same things…

woodland forest baby shower invitations

Seriously, could these be any more perfect?! Here’s how they look all done up with ribbon & cellophane as party favors…

woodland forest baby shower invitations

I wish Marian lived closer so I could attempt to hire her to recreate these for the baby shower (she’s based near Toronto). I’m pretty doubtful that my own attempts to recreate these would look anything like her amazing creations, so I’ll probably be turning to someone local that specializes in this sort of thing. That makes one less thing for my own to-do list anyways, right? =)

woodland forest baby shower invitations

Click here to check out more eye candy (and lots of tutorials!) at Sweetopia!

P.S. I’m filing this under “kids party ideas” and “first birthday” too, because I still think this theme would be adorable for occasions beyond baby showers too.  The invite wording could be changed to “Let’s Celebrate!” or “Jake is ONE!” or “Birthday BOY/GIRL”, and you could give the squirrel & owl characters little birthday hats… =)

51 responses to “Sneak Peek: Woodland Forest Theme Invitations and Party Favors”

1. Leslie says:

OMG … those cookies are SOOOO cute! My daughter is really into squirrels and owls — she would just love them!

2. bella says:

OMG, gorgeous as always! I love your site and thank you so much for sharing tips and ideas with us. Hugs!

P.S. I love the font her name is in, would you mind sharing the name of it? TIA!

3. jenn s. says:

Hi Bella –

The font is called ConeyIsland and you can download it for free here:

4. Julianne says:

This is super cute. I love, love, love the cookies, they look super delicious!

5. Rochelle says:

I LOVE those cookies!

6. Diana says:

What a cute theme! I love your idea! Can you pass me those yummy cookies? :)

7. Nicky King says:

Can’t WAIT to see how this shower theme turned out!! It’s ADORABLE :)

8. Kristin says:

Have you posted the pics already for this party? Will you also put up DIY’s. I love everything you do…it always comes out beautiful!!!

9. susan says:

Would like to purchase the woodland forest invitations? can someone tell me how? I am giving my daughter a baby shower in the begining of march.

10. Chantel says:

I’d love to have more information about the invitations as well! Has this shower been done?? I’m giving a shower for a dear friend of mine the beginning of March too and this is her bedding that she picked from Babies R it’s PERFECT for her shower. Can anyone help??

11. jenn s. says:

Hi Chantel –
    Here’s a link to the photo album for this shower on the HWTM Facebook Page so that you can see how it turned out:

As for the invitations, I can customize the name & info on the design shown here for a small fee and give you the high-res artwork, but I don’t facilitate printing. Most people have them printed at or a local print shop. If you’re interested, send me an message through our Suggestions page:

Jenn :)

12. Chantel says:

I sent a message through the suggestions page linked above a while ago to have some invitations made but only got a message back saying not everything will be read or responded to. Anything else I can do?? I’m very interested in finding out prices on having something like this for our shower!

13. jenn s. says:

Hi Chantel –

Just emailed you back :)

14. maggie says:

Hi Jenn,

I sent a messga through the suggestions page linked above yesterday. Do you think it would be possible to attain some of the above invitations?

15. Amy says:

I LOVE this theme!! We’re having our son’s 6th birthday party at the local Nature Center and it’s PERFET! There aren’t a lot of “Woodland Animal” birthday themes out there. Thanks for posting this one!!

16. Natalie says:

LOVE this – I’m using it for my son’s first birthday party! Just sent a message through the suggestions page asking about getting the invites customized!

17. Kelly says:

Love this idea! Just wondering what kind of plates you used? Also, the cake design?

18. Jeannina says:

love everything! your ideas are adorable!
    Where did you get the tablecloth with the branches?

19. Jenn,

I also used the form you linked to because I am interested in purchasing these invites in the digital format, and I got the same message saying not all emails would be responded to. Could you help me out? I LOVE them for my son’s first birthday party! Thanks so much.

• Julia says:

I really would like to get these invitations for a baby shower…they are so perfect…please email me so can purchase them from you. Thanks so much! Julia

• jenn s. says:

Hi Julia –
      Just responded to the comment that you posted more recently. Again – apologies for the inconvenience! Just a really crazy time over here right now with everything that’s going on :0

Jenn :)

20. Betty Macias says:

Hi Jenn,

I am very interested in the woodland invitation. How can I have it customized.
    Please let me know.