Sneak Peek: Woodland Forest Theme Invitations and Party Favors

woodland forest baby shower invitations

Here’s a sneak peek at the invitations for the upcoming Woodland Forest Baby Shower I’m hosting in November. The different elements are from a few illustrations purchased at (see below), and I plan to create some coordinating signage and favor tags for the actual party. I also like the idea of mailing these out in brown bag kraft envelopes for a woodsy feel…

woodland forest baby shower invitations{pictured above: images 7430589, 5820871, 5295049}

Party Favors
When I posted on the inspiration board for this party theme last week (Part 1 and Part 2), Marian from the RIDICULOUSLY ADORABLE blog, Sweetopia, emailed me a link to a Royal Icing Tutorial post that she created, which features woodland forest-themed cookies as the example! And, as luck would have it, we seem to be inspired by the same things…

woodland forest baby shower invitations

Seriously, could these be any more perfect?! Here’s how they look all done up with ribbon & cellophane as party favors…

woodland forest baby shower invitations

I wish Marian lived closer so I could attempt to hire her to recreate these for the baby shower (she’s based near Toronto). I’m pretty doubtful that my own attempts to recreate these would look anything like her amazing creations, so I’ll probably be turning to someone local that specializes in this sort of thing. That makes one less thing for my own to-do list anyways, right? =)

woodland forest baby shower invitations

Click here to check out more eye candy (and lots of tutorials!) at Sweetopia!

P.S. I’m filing this under “kids party ideas” and “first birthday” too, because I still think this theme would be adorable for occasions beyond baby showers too.  The invite wording could be changed to “Let’s Celebrate!” or “Jake is ONE!” or “Birthday BOY/GIRL”, and you could give the squirrel & owl characters little birthday hats… =)

51 responses to “Sneak Peek: Woodland Forest Theme Invitations and Party Favors”

1. I Love, Love, Love this theme! The cookies are fantastic and so is the invitation. It definitely has inspired me, I can’t wait to see the final project.

2. Tera says:

That is so adorable and those cookies WOW! Looking forward to seeing the entire project. What a wonderful start!

3. Sandy says:

I love it…it is so cute!!

4. Kaylee says:

I Love all your work…I was wondering do you have a site where we can order your invitations or do you just do custom work. I would love those invites. Thanks!!!

5. Those cookies are seriously awesome!

6. Oooooh, I loves it! Those invites are adorable – and I’m all ready to go home and make sugar cookies with royal icing!

7. Karine says:

Love this theme and colors. It’s modern but child friendly.

8. rachel says:

super cute! I am a HUGE fan of brown bag envelopes for just about everything these days . . .spy-themed bday party, eco-friendly bridal shower . . . works for everything :)

9. Dihtri says:

Such a great theme! I’m loving the owl stuff :)

10. Karen Wilson says:

This is sooooo cute! The woodland theme (owls, squirrels, mushrooms, etc.) is so popular now. The cookies are amazing….such talent! Have fun with this. It is going to b3 adorable!

11. Oh my gosh!! Everything is adorable. I absolutely love owls. Those cookies are to die for. So stinking cute… no way I could eat one. ha!

12. Morgan says:

LOVE this! I have posted about it on my blog and linked back….you always have the most gorgeous ideas!

13. mum's the word says:

love those owls; too cute!!! makes me want to have a baby and you don’t want to know how old I am.

14. jenn s. says:

Kaylee –
    I don’t have a website set up where you can purchase the invites, but I can customize any of my existing designs for a small fee and send you the high-res artwork (or recommend a good printer).

Just send me a message through this contact form if you’re interested:

15. This theme is beyond adorable. I love the colors you have going on and the invite is perfect. The cookies…don’t get me started, they are amazing!

16. Delilah says:

Such a cute theme! I love it!! Those cookies are adorable :-)

17. rachel P says:

all i can say is omg…i love everything!!!!

18. Marian says:

Thanks so much for featuring these! It looks like we have similar tastes! lol

19. Kristin says:

Oh I love it….i hope you post DIY’s. Thanks for the inspiration….everything looks amazing. Cant wait to see the finale.