REAL PARTIES: Alice in Wonderlandia

Alice in Wonderland party theme

The girls from Canvas and Canopy and Alchemy Fine Events dreamed up this fabulous, modern-meets-whimsical “Alice in Wonderlandia” theme… charming, stylish, and perfect for everything from baby & bridal showers to birthday parties or a ladies lunch!

Alice in Wonderland party theme

I’m especially loving the clever tea cup centerpiece and eclectic mix of vintage patterns & textiles! Read on for all the DIY tips for this setting, as told by the designers…

Alice in Wonderland party theme

“Start by draping the table with a bold and bright floral table linen. For multiple tables, use the same patterned linen on each table or feel free to mix in other patterned linens to create an eclectic garden feel. Next, use colorful patterned kitchen aprons and tie them around each chair to create customized chair covers!

Alice in Wonderland party theme

For the main centerpiece, take vintage teacups in any size, shape or pattern and simply glue them on top each other using a glue gun. You can make the centerpiece as tall or short as you would like, just make sure it’s sturdy, so that it does not topple over! To top off the teacup centerpiece add a ball of pretty pink or white garden roses and an artificial butterfly.

Alice in Wonderland party theme

On each side of the teacup centerpiece add small glass bud vases with seasonal garden flowers. To add an extra eclectic flair, find ceramic pots with a floral design and top them off with basic moss balls, which can be reused for future parties. Moss balls will save you time since you won’t to arrange flowers! The moss balls can also serve as décor in your home after the event!

Alice in Wonderland party theme

Table Settings:
Any vintage patterned dinnerware will suffice! It does not need to match the table linens or the aprons perfectly. Look at our table! We used over four different patterns but opted to keep the colors of the dinnerware and centerpieces in the same pink palette. Feel free to use anything from your grandmother’s old china, patterned melamine plates or even floral paper plates. It all depends on the time and the mood of the event.

Alice in Wonderland party theme

Each guest received their own hot pink galvanized watering can at their place setting, filled with ice and small bright blue bottles of champagne. This allowed guests to keep their champagne chilled on the hot summer day and also served as a party favor!

Alice in Wonderland party theme

Alice in Wonderland party theme

Paper Candy:
Personalized monogrammed tea bags with each guest’s initials on them were strategically placed at each setting in the teacups. This is a creative way to add a customized touch to the event while doubling as a place card.

We also added a whimsical “Alice in Wonderland” flair to the table by placing playful blue and white menus to the side of each plate.”

Alice in Wonderland party theme

51 responses to “REAL PARTIES: Alice in Wonderlandia”

1. Dina says:

Lovely lovely lovely! The yellow and pink colors are so festive! love the centerpiece idea as well!

2. Just a wonderful set up love it!

3. Claudia says:

What kind of champagne is this?

4. Such a timely theme for the new Tim Burton movie coming out! I would add some wrappers on the water bottles that said “Drink Me” add the cheshire cat to the mix to really add more into the theme if you wanted to make it more “Alice in Wonderland” Great party!

5. Neelam says:

So cute, very detail oriented!

6. Rochelle says:

So adorable!

7. vernie says:

it’s a blast! the outburst of colors is amazing!

8. Rosanna says:

Does anyone recognize the font used in the first photo for the word “Alice in Wonderlandia.” I see HWTM use this font a lot and I really like it, but don’t know where to find it. Anyone know?

9. jenn s. says:

Hi Rosanna –
    The font is called “Fling”. It’s not a free font though, unfortunately, but I fell in love with it when Blueprint magazine first came out (they used it for their masthead).

Here’s where I purchased it:

10. Rosanna says:

Jenn, you are simply amazing for responding – I have fallen in love with this font too!

Thanks a million!

11. Melissa says:

I love the detail and the floral patterns! I like the apron chair cover idea and the placecards in the teacup, very clever.

12. josie says:

OMG love the theme.infact my birthday is coming up would you beable to help with the party food? if you get this message please reply i swear ive been looking for something like this..I FOUND IT!!

13. This decor is sooo delightful! Could be used or adapted for a bridal shower! Very, very fun and bright! Great creativity!

14. Ellen says:

Love this, especially the tea cups! The new Alice in Wonderland is so dark and edgy (which is cool), but this is a nice refreshing spin on it!

15. Scherrie says:

This is a beautiful table setting! I feel inspired to set this -up in my backyard for my mom’s night out group meeting next month,the girls will love it.

16. […] I used a lot of that. There was just a feature on "hostess with the mostess" too: REAL PARTIES: Alice in Wonderlandia __________________ […]

17. oh wow. this is gorgeous! i love the bright colours & patterns and how they all come together so perfectly well!

18. izreen says:

i loved this so much that after my last comment, i decided to feature it in my blog ;)

19. beautiful pictures. keep it up.

20. Jordan says:

wow I love how you stacked the tea cups
    it’s awesome