We’ve covered a ton of Halloween dessert & treat recipes this month, but not a lot of ideas for when you (or your kids) need to eat something other than sugar! So here are 10 creative ideas for Halloween-themed meals that loved ones & party guests are sure to get a kick out of…
1. First up is this super-cute “Boo Spaghetti” idea from Jeanne Benedict. Gotta love it when something is this simple & cool! Dish up individual servings of pasta for your family or dinner party guests so that each person guests their own (pre-baked) “boo“.
Next up, some clever ideas from BHG that prove it’s all about presentation…
2. Adam’s Ribs – A knife stabbed into a sweet red pepper & displayed between 2 racks of spareribs makes for a decidedly Halloween-appropriate Halloween dinner!
3. Slithering Snake Sandwich – This pizza-like hoagie is such a cute idea – kids will eat this one up (both literally and figuratively)!
4. Tipsy Tombstone Sandwiches – Chicken salad takes a Halloween twist when cut into the shape of tombstones and served up in a “creepy cabbage graveyard”.
5. Scary Cerebrum – It’s Halloween… forget that pretty cocktail glass that your shrimp cocktail usually hangs from and try something a little um… gorier instead! Great appetizer idea or side dish for an Evil Scientist themed party.
And some more fun Halloween meal ideas from Taste of Home:
6. Chilli-filled Coffins – Black food coloring turns cornbread the perfect graveyard hue!
7. Jack-o’-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pie – Finally, a “Jack-o’-Lantern” that’s tasty AND super-easy to carve.
8. Eyeball Taco Salad – Ever get that weird feeling that something is staring at you?
9. Jack-o’-Lantern Burgers – Another cute, super quick idea for guests of all ages!
10. Last but not least is this tasty-looking Ghost of Montecristo recipe from Martha Stewart. Made with country potato bread, melted cheese, turkey, ham, and a dusting of powdered sugar… these sound so good I could go for one right now!