Halloween 10.12.09

8 Fashionably Creepy Halloween Treats

martha stewart halloween 2009 recipes

Here are a few new-found favorites from Martha that I recently discovered in her “Creepy Treats” gallery… which honestly leans more towards “clever & stylish, with just a dash of creep.” (Except for maybe the Ladies’ Fingers cookies, which easily qualify as full-on creepy!)

1. Devil’s Food Cake with Flame Tuiles –Is is just me, or is this cake more gorgeous than creepy?! This look would actually make for a pretty Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert too.

2. I Scream Sandwitches – “wicked witches” with an eerie tendency to melt!

3. Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes – Pumpkin-flavored cupcakes topped with adorable marzipan pumpkins. Pressed for time? Substitute any ready-made pumpkin candy.

4. Boo-tiful Cake – marshmallows and chocolate sprinkles make for super cute – and super easy – friendly ghost cake toppers!

martha stewart halloween 2009 recipes

5. Sweet Bones – piped meringue makes for a truly bone-chilling treat!

6. Invisible Pops – These “magical” lollipops actually have the look of cool, modern trees… great party favor idea for Halloween and harvest, and woodland-themed parties. (These could be really cute with red, white, and pink candy corn for Valentine’s day too!)

7.  Jack-o’-lantern Tarts – mini-pie tops are the perfect place for Jack to show his face!

8. Brain Cupcakes – witty labeling like “Albert Mindstein” and “Intell E. Gent” makes these clever cupcakes even more hilarious!

See anything here that looks especially tempting to YOU? =)

15 responses to “8 Fashionably Creepy Halloween Treats”

1. Laura says:

super cute..I have a halloween party coming up and need a few ideas on desserts.
    these r adorable.

2. These Halloween treats are sooo cute! I especially love the Brain Cupcakes!!! I’m sure I will be making these this Halloween! Thanks for sharing…….

3. Hänni says:

The ghost cake is really adorable. And I agree, the flame cake is more gorgeous than ghoulish. It would look fantastic on a Thanksgiving table.

4. I am digging the brain cakes(:

5. Lisa says:

Off topic…BUT I wanted to let you know that I talked about YOU and your incredible blog today at this website:

You’re my all time favorite blog! :)
    Also, I’m in a contest on that website to win jewelry if I get a lot of comments on that post…would SO love it if you could leave a quick note, thanks so much!

6. Love these treats. That ghost cake is adorable. I usually make spooky cupcakes, but might have to make this cake instead. I guess I could do the same with cupcakes, but they look so cute all together. Maybe I’ll put those little ghosts around the cupcake stand and next to the cupcakes.

7. Stacey says:

LOVE the ghost cake!

8. You girls are clever! Love the ideas!

9. Down Pillow says:

So many adorable sweet treats – love the Boo-tiful Cake :)

10. Amanda says:

Wow!! Those are really creative. How do people come up with these amazingly unique and fun creations every single year???

This is my first visit to your blog.. and I am enjoying myself tremendously!!

You certainly have an eye for the lovely things in life..

11. Torie Jayne says:

i am loving that ghost cake! Have a sweet day!

12. Here is my fashionably creepy Halloween treats suggestion: Why not eat insects? At the Montreal Insectarium gift shop, you can buy edible worms and crickets. You’ll definitely get a reaction from those!

13. Neelam says:

LOVE the ghost cake! Very cute!

14. Rochelle says:

Very creative! I like the I scream sandwiches, Sweet bones, Jack o’ lantern tarts and the Brain cupcakes.

15. […] Vegan Halloween Treats to offer, while the charming Hostess form the Hostess Blog has some more fashionably creepy Halloween treats to […]